Which classics are more desirable?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Moroni Prime, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    We all loved the original Classics line last year before the movie. It had some of the best G1esque figures we've had in many years, it was innovative, without gimmicks, and please alot of people.

Now that classics1 is over, Takara is gonna take a crack at it, but this time it'll have more G1-accurate deco, as well as the use of chrome/vac metal on parts that were chromed in G1 such as primes grill or Mirages spoiler.

This leads me to ask, which classics line do you think is more desirable, more collectible, more valueable, and WHY?

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I really dont think desirable can be measured here, it's all up to individual preference. Like I prefer my Grimlock over Takara's over-chromed version, and my Bumblebee over their plain all yellow one. Then again, their Megatron is awesome and their Starscream addresses some problems I had with the Hasbro release. As far as value, that depends on how many Takara makes, after all the Hasbro line was intentionally brief, if Takara runs them longer then who knows.

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Im going with the ones that were cased in the least quantities

And the seekers

4. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think this is an apples and oranges sort of thing.
    Though I think TakaraTomy's Starscream is more desirable than Hasbro's because originally Screamer had a geisha face because his head was cast in pearl and his helmet was painted black. The TakaraTomy one has the head cast in black plastic with a silver painted face like Skywarp and Thundercracker. The more show-accurate paint-job and details also help sweeten the deal.

I treat the Classics versions as the Marvel Comics "Universe A" and the Henkei Transform! Transformer versions as the Sunbow Animated series "Universe B" in my great, big, convoluted Transformers Multiverse. So in essence I feel they're equals, but each in their own way.

5. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah, I'm with you.

One isn't better or worse...they're just different. Even Hasbro Megs has his good points, and he's definitely the most changed.