Which Classics/2.0 molds do you consider a let down?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by juise, Jun 12, 2010.

1. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

Let me go on record as saying I've spent the better part of the last two hours trying to decide between Galvatron and Ironhide. I left Ratchet out of that because Ironhide loses more points for his damn face being blue.

Then I felt like as bad as they were I did at least buy them. Grimlock looked so bad I never even bothered.

I've decided though. It's Ironhide. Something about Galvatron every now and then makes me want to go back and try to play with him. Ironhide had his back wheels torn off and now lives forever as a smurf faced abomination with scoliosis, never to become a cracked and crooked SUV again in his plastic immortality.

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Deluxe Prime: Thin proportions, awful truck mode, floppy spinning punch gimmick.

Prowl mold: I hate the door kibble during transformation and the head-on-a-platform just looks bad, like he's wearing a turtleneck.

Ironhide: We all know about the head issues, which can be ignored if need be, but the panel lines are unneeded, and who's bright idea was to use sky blue for the window paint?

Cheetor: Awful. Just awful.

Dinobot: Incredibly half-assed transformation scheme.

I really don't get all the hate for Powerglide's size. Just because he was a minibot in G1 doesn't mean he HAS to stay in legends scale.
    I also don't hate Galvatron either. The only one of his limbs that has ever popped off of mine was his left arm, and frankly that's not enough to bug me that much, though I do agree with the "Shoulda been a Voyager" sentiment.

3. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Grimmy, what a shitty design.

Galvy, they should've done the voyager plan.

Cheetor, they shouldn't have done him at all.

4. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

they should of waited to release Galvatron as a Voyager class figure

5. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i just had to look at the photo gallery for Galvatron again and know what epic disappointment feels like.
    he looks awesome in bot mode, but if he falls apart that easily, it still isn't worth having even as a display piece.

i wanted Tankor to work, really i did, but he's like the Peter Griffin of Decepticons in that mold. fat, bloated, and a running gag that shoulda stopped 3 minutes ago.

I didn't get Silverbolt, but i got Skyfall (and only at huge discount at WM clearance). the mold works as Skyfall, not Silverbolt. It's the simplicity, not the size class.

I keep Ironhide in bot mode for obvious reasons. the paneled look blows, and the headaches i had transforming him were as bad as the panels.

it may not be a new mold, but dayum, Countdown is ridiculous. it's like someone strapped a grain silo on a Stryker vehicle and said, "shucks, kids'll snatch this up!"
    wish the weapon had been scaled back about 40%.

6. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    The seeker mold has always seemed perhaps, a bit too chunky, squat. The giant weapons and the fact that the wings limit the movement of the arms (on the original seekers rather than the coneheads) doesn't help either.

[​IMG]

7. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    The BW moulds were the biggest letdowns for me. Cheetor was just a crappy execution of what was a neat concept. Dinobot was better but I felt disappointed by the decision to give him a firing missile (that didn't even lock in properly) instead of a sword and rotate blade, as well as the colours (although they're honestly not THAT bad).

8. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Galvatron was a floppy, undersized, unfinished, hard-to-pose kibble mess. By far the most disappointing.

And I think Cheetor is a fun, solid figure. The "backpack" and bulky elbows are his only true flaws(that, and the lack of a gun, but that's just my opinion).

9. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I don´t get why people pick on the Autobot Triplets, Prime and Grimlock. I don´t have any issues with those aside from the sticky paint).

Thrust on the other hand, could used a cover face or something. Don´t like how is face is so visible.

Ironhide´s hands aren an issue with me. He´s a brawler, he should have closed fists (and be able to weirld some melee weapons like energon axes).

10. Optimus Clyde

Optimus Clyde Space Trucker

News Credits:
    I agree, and for all the same reasons. Silverbolt was far too simple. He felt too 80's. It was enough to make me take it back until I could find it cheaper. I didn't want to spend $25+ on it. And now that I DO have it, I like it better BECAUSE I didn't let myself get ripped off.

Other disappointments were Hot Shot because he has a goofy transformation (and I wasn't into Armada, anyway). And Galvatron, but only because of his size. He should have been much bigger. Otherwise, I like Galvatron a lot. Good sculpt.

Ironhide/Ratchet was compromoised by the multi-panel alt mode, but I like the characters and their bot modes too much to care.

Megatron (in the US) had such a shitty paint job that I waited and waited until I could get the Henkei version at a reasonable price.

I completely disagree with the Powerglide haters. I am biased, though, because he was one of my original TFs when I was a kid...he'll always be a favorite. It's great to see him in a big sculpt now, and I've got all of them. :) 

All in all, I think Universe/Classics 2.0 was a great line. I just hope they finally finish out the roster of the original line-up.

11. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Okay the way that pic makes most of you feel is how I feel when I look at U2 Onslught (although now I call him U2 Onslught I want him to be wearing fly shades).

12. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Just to remind people that we are talking about the molds of figures here and not the colour schemes.
    Any colour aspects shouldn't come into it. If you're going to complain about them then try the Henkei versions. The molds themselves are what this thread is about. :) 

I agree that Cheetor is a shit figure btw, but I love the Dinobot mold.

13. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

The seeker mold....

JK... I love this damn mold so much.

My vote would be Cheetor and Hot Shot, the only two molds I have zero interest in getting.

Hot Shot because I like to pretend Armada never happened and Cheetor because I have the three different Cheetor figures from the original run of Beast Wars and they all look better than this anorexic piece of crap.

14. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    But what if I want to complain about the Henkei colors?

15. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Then GTFO!!!

;) 

16. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

For me the #1 let down was Galvatron. I had high hopes for this toy and it just plain sucked.

The Prowl mold was als0 a let down with how the doors transform and his awkward stance.

2 out of three of the Ultra's were a let down, being Powerglide and Silverbolt. Silverbolt being the worst. The only saving grace for that mold was the repaint into Darkwind to go with Deadwind from the Games of Deception box set.

17. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Then you'll never be truly happy. :tongue: 

18. TrukkinMunky

TrukkinMunky Autobot

Ebay:
    Classic/Universe 2.0/Generations is my favorite line by far and I have no big problem with any of the figures, except Galvatron. Believe me I tried to like this figure. I'd play with him, he'd fall apart. So instead of getting mad I'd place him down and forget about him. But the process would always repeat itself. I heard the henkei figure has better QC but that still won't make me buy it. I also don't own Cheetor or Dinobot, the 10th anniversary ones are good enough for me. Hotshot was a pain but after learning about the boxing gloves i now like him.

19. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I'm perfectly happy with my Hasbro releases :) 

20. RipCurl

RipCurl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i think there should be a best classics thread .

anyway i dont have a lot of classics figures but out of the ones i do.

sideswipe . i really like the mold , its just the one i got has two left feet so one wont stay in and trying to get the feet back out are a major pain.

also voyager dropshot . i just dont like it . its too simple. glad i got it on sale