Which CHUG Figs Not Seeing Stateside Release?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ShiroPrime, Apr 16, 2011.

1. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

Again I apologize for living under a rock, nothing I can do about it until next month. I already know Frenzy and Rumble got canned, but what about the rest? Were any of you (that live in North America) able to pick up Wheeljack, Perceptor, Thundercracker, Lugnut, etc. here or did you have to get them all online? Not limiting to said figs, but can anyone give me a confirmed listing of the figures that I'll have to pick up on HLJ/Ebay? Thanks.

2. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, I was going to be stubborn and wait for retail stores to get them in.......but seeing as how this drought (as it were) is causing me to waste an untold amount of gas, I picked up thundercracker and warpath online. I bought wheeljack from HTS, but it was a preorder set to ship in May.

I found RTS perceptor in the stores and found another for a fellow board member along with 3 RTS Wreck Gars in local stores for two fellow board members. But that's about it. Still....being as "stubborn" as I am....if I do see these things in the retail stores.....I'm going to pick one up just on principle :tongue: 

3. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Perceptor's RtS wave has been released at retail in the US. I don't think the Wheeljack, Lugnut, G1 Legends, or Windcharger waves have been.

So that list of figures that have not yet seen US retail release would consist of:

Legends - RtS
    G1 Screamer
    G1 Prime
    G1 Megs
    G1 Gold Bumblebee
    G1 Trailcutter
    G1 Prowl

Scout - RtS
    Windcharger
    Rumble (Frenzy was never announced for US release as far as I know)
    Chopsaw

Deluxe - Generations
    Thundercracker
    Wheeljack
    Warpath

Voyager - RtS
    Lugnut
    Grappel
    Deep Dive
    Strafe

4. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

still can't find Grapple, gonna look at the SJCC tommorow and see if I can find him

5. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

Alright, so I can still get Perceptor SOMEWHERE here. Kills me that I will have to drop 40 bucks on a toy that should only be what? 10-12 (however much scout figures are priced)? I'm also going to LOVE seeing how much the others will run me up for. Thanks for the info NCStarscream and Dark Seeker! :thumbs2: 

6. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Why do people keep saying Frenzy was canned when we never saw any confirmation of any actual plans for it on the part of Hasbro?

7. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    do some looking around and you'll see some stateside members managed to find the wave 1 voyagers and legends (so thats just missing trailcutter, prowl and deep dive, if you want a deep dive go to kapow toys, they must have got the world's stock of them. Wheeljack and Thundercracker have only just come out and warpath is shortly behind them. If you do want to guarantee getting these toys order online, Rumble has not been seen anywhere other than in the takara tomy 2 pack unfortunately. Windcharger can be sourced from UK members for cost + p&p (note, currency conversion may vary)

Welcome to the world of UK assortment and distribution of transformers, if you want a figure, you'll probably have to import it.

8. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    I'll be on the hunt again this tuesday (much out of habit like a moth to the flame :tongue: ). If I see a RTS Perceptor, want me to pick one up for ya? I would only charge ya whatever I paid + shipping to you.

9. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:

For those of you in the U.S. BBTS do still appear to have a few.

10. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Here's the rundown:
    Generations:
    Hasbro plans to continue this line through 2011. We may see a big delay between now and the next wave, but it probably will keep moving.

Reveal the Shield:
    Legends: Indefinite hiatus.
    Scouts: Indefinite hiatus.
    Deluxes: The first two waves have been found at US retail.
    Voyagers: The first wave has been found at US retail, but is seeing very limited distribution.

11. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to withdraw for now I've got almost no money right now, and when I get home I've got to compete with all the other returning college students/high school kids/bums/mexicans to get a job. Once I do, if I have yet to get Perceptor, I'll definately get back to you.

@Miscreant
    I dunno, I have almost no information resources. I just hear what some of you say here, and then I go making plans on my summer hunt.

@Rotorstorm
    You live in the UK yes? I sympathize. Frumble is going to be a major pain in the A$$, just to get a justifiable price.

12. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    Its all good. Wait.....I think I have one in my for sale thread....

*edit* oh wait..I do LMAO....sorry...its been one of those days. If I still have it by the time you're wanting one. Let me know!

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Here's the confusing bit with all of it.

Hasbro is not wanting to cancel any of it at this point but it's looking a little questionable at this point if retailers will take stock of everything when they have so much stock for the Dark of the Moon toy line coming in.

It kind of sounds like there are still talks going on between Hasbro and it's large retailers about when they are going to take things so I'm willing to wait on a bit of conformation about when things may actually see release in the United States instead of panic over rumors.

With any luck maybe by Bot Con we can get some better information about which figures might have gotten their release date moved back because you know retailers will still want Transformers figures after the Dark of the Moon line is over.

14. NCStarscream

News Credits:
    If you're able to direct me to a link with photo proof, I'd appreciate it...the only retail "sighting" of any of them I can recall is the one picture of Lugnut sitting on a Target bag with no receipt that - to my knowledge - was never proven to be an actual retail purchase. I know plenty of US people have gotten that Legends 4 pack from HTS that doesn't include Trailcutter or Prowl but haven't heard of anyone getting them at a brick and mortar store.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Maybe they'll actually run generations through DOTM like they inteneded.

16. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The G1 legends have not been seen at retail, nor have the grappel/lugnut/deep dive/strafe voyagers, aside from the one supposed target purchase you've pointed out.

17. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

don't forget Scout Downshift, guess he is gone too :( 

18. NCStarscream

News Credits:
    Good call. Bodyblock as well; I overlooked them initially.

And thanks for that, JamesBenjamin. I thought that was right.

19. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I was going to buy the Takara versions of Rumble and Frenzy, but then I thought about it a bit:

So many Generations and RTS molds have gotten multiple runs, as either redecos or straight up rereleases with new packaging. And the ones that havent yet probably will be in due time (just tell me G2 Prime isn't going to be released as RID-Scourge or the WFC molds won't get a third round of releases when WFC2 is released in 2012).

I'm going to be patient. Hasbro know that Generations and RTS have been utterly devoured by buyers and collectors the last year. It's no accident that you go to a store and see lots of Movie Ravages and Electrostatic Jolts, and maybe one scourge, one Jazz, one Blurr or one Kup that someone missed.

The Rumble / Frezy mold will see a stateside release. It wasn't very long ago Hasbro was STARVING for molds to put into their general "Universe" line. And due to the revolutionary tooling and transformations of "Classics 3.0" compared to even a relatively recent line like Cybertron, repaints of pre-Animated lines just seems less and less likely to me. I reckon they'll do it in some cases, where it makes sense in an odd way (Coundown / Cybertron Defense Red Alert), but more often than not, they won't.

Which brings us back to Rumble, Windcharger and the the rest. Release now? Probably not. But is Hasbro really going to let the molds rot when they know the demand out there for them after DoTM, when they made an investment in those Molds in the first place? Highly unlikely. It may be another 8 months before We get a US release of Rumble, but I highly doubt Hasbro will just toss a modern mold that got squeezed out by scheduling, rather than sales or demand.

I mean what's after DotM? Well there is War for Cybertron 2 in 2012, which will be their product tentpole for next year, but between now and then, between the revealed DotM releases, the "likely" ones (Soundwave) that havent been leaked yet, and the four or five figure Transformers: Prime mini-line, there just isn't enough transformers for a gap that long.

In short, not getting frantic and saving my money. I outright refuse to get gouged $90 on ebay for something that will be released at retail before I realize it, really.

20. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    My gut tells me that you speak the truth.