Which childhood Transformer figure you owned was special to you?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by -Sideways-, Oct 1, 2011.

1. -Sideways-

-Sideways- Dimensional Mercenary

As the title states list your most loved figure from your childhood and also say if you still have it.

Mine is my Leader Armada Optimus hes missing a few pieces and his electronics are fried but I just couldn't give him away or trash him. I have him in my display case under my current collection I still every once and a while transform him for old times sake to make sure nothing has rotted or deteriorated.

2. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My favorite was a G1 Bumblebee, as it was the first TF I got and it had sentimental value. I don't have it anymore (only old figure I still have is a G1 Prime), but Classics Bumblebee makes up for it, and I also bought a real BB Camaro, so I think that's an upgrade.

3. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

Huffer

Being that he was small enough that I could take him everywhere with me... he went everywhere with me.

4. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's an interesting way of working out how old the fanbase is.

For me, it was Rotorstorm, he is now yellowed, busted and undenably a junker, a couple of years ago I bought a mib version and scanned the sticker sheet and sent it to reprolabels (they do have it, they just haven't posted it for some reason)

5. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

metroplex, shockwave, kup. Wish I still had them.

6. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    RiD Scourge. I spent the first 9 years of my life unable to go home being stuck in the hospital due to my osteogenesis imperfecta, thought I was gonna go insane, but he sorta helped me stay sane even though all of my chilldhood hospital friends were dying of cancer or other illnesses. My first best friend I had there, we lasted friends for four years before she passed away, she gave me Scourge and I've kept it and will forever keep him till the day I die. If when I have kids and it means the world to them if they had someone special like Scourge, I'll give it to them. I frankly think I owe my life to my Bots.

7. mirage6530

mirage6530 Well-Known Member

minw was g1 scorpok still got him santa brought him and his never left he stands now over all my bots like the big boss he is lol

8. mjcrow

mjcrow Well-Known Member

G1 Scorponok, although tragedy struck when my sisters kids got into my stuff one day and they trashed him.Thanks to my kick-ass wife for buying me a complete one for valentines day.

9. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    G1 Grimlock who is now a complete junker but used to go around with me EVERYWHERE. If was playing with dinosaurs, I'd leave him in dinosaur mode. If I was playing robots, I'd leave him in robot mode. Bought myself a replacement G1 Grimlock a few years and whilst it's obviously not the same physical toy, it's the same in spirit and that's what counts.

10. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

G1 skylink. I never ever put it down. My brother had predaking and we always used to battle.

11. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    Now that's Heart Warming.

ON TOPIC: I guess it starts with my first ever Transformer as earlier that year I had discovered Transformers for the very first time watching RID on a now defunct children's networking show.

I loved the show with all my heart and watched it every day that I could. I always wanted to buy some of the Transformers that were showing like the Car Brothers, The Predacons and Decepticons all alike.

However, our family had a rough time money wise when it came to buying things and with a combination of either none of the bots available or over-priced in stores, I never really got the chance to play with any of them.

Then comes Christmas time 2001. A lot of my gifts were cheap store stuff but they never really caught my attention. One last package was left for me to open and I really did not have high hopes for it since I guessed it would be like the rest.

I open it.

And to my great delight, there he was. Displayed in box, all things accounted for, was RID Megatron in all of his glory.

I quickly forgot about all my other presents and I tore open the package so I could actually hold him and to be sure this wasn't a bad dream. I held him as my eyes took in all his details.

After making sure he was indeed real, I actually think I hugged him close to me because I was glad that I finally had a real toy to play with and not any of that stupid cheap plastic stuff.

10 Years later and I still own my RID Megs. He is missing a few pieces here and there and I would LOVE to have him complete again so I can stand him proudly alongside my complete RID Galvatron I bought this year. I hope to one day get myself an RID Optimus Prime so I can finally stand the two Transformers leaders I grew up on together.

One day I truly do hope to own a complete RID collection of everyone.

12. RoccaDNB

RoccaDNB Imperial Decepticon

News Credits:
    Rid Optimus Prime.
    He's my greatest leader, of all the toys I'll ever get have.
    The prettiest prime, undoubtedly. I always have him displayed as Omega Prime, with the Ultra Magnus I bought 4 years ago. The sentimental value is too great to ever stop loving him.

He stands on top of my wardrobe, with all prime's accessories. Holding in his hand, a little blue Lapis Lazuli pyramid, the first christmas present my girlfriend ever bought me.

13. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Probably Trypticon:thumbs2: 

It was a birthday present and I just remember FREAKING out lol. It's recorded somewhere but I haven't been able to find the footage.

Trypticon just rocked. All those accessories, lights, and walking! What more could you ask for:popcorn 

14. Arkvander

Arkvander Optimal Optimist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    G1 Smokescreen. My first TF ever. It didn't survive my transition to collector though, by the time 1995 had rolled around he was in pretty rough shape (no roof, windows, one wing, no accessories) so I replaced him in my collection. But I'll always remember him as the first.

15. trizeo

trizeo Well-Known Member

G2 Boss!

As a kid my parents couldn't afford TF's. One time shopping with the rents they said "hey... do you want this?" It was a G2 Boss. What I really wanted was the target master Crosshairs & OP that I was looking at but they couldn't afford either so I was left with G2 Boss. When I opened him up though & started playing with him I slowly warmed up to him. I pretended he was OP as his face kinda looks likes OP's but over time I found myself loving the bot. We moved to another province & lost him & some of the other TF's I had & FINALLY after 18 years I got him! He just has a place in my heart & I LOVE his Batmobileish alt mode.

16. NoleScream

NoleScream The Anti-Troll

I loved my G1 Optimus Prime along with many others, but Prime is the one that I remember the best.

17. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Armada Sideways.

18. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Beast Wars Dinobot.

My very first transformer, there's a bit of a story to that.

19. Mitch FIN Keith

Mitch FIN Keith Autobot

Good I didnt want to be the only Beast War post on here

Mine is Cheetor, Still have it but not the guns, ive replaced the gut gun for him and i bought a complete one in good condition but i wont ever give up the 1st one

20. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    G2 Bumblebee for me. I even had him "ride" in my shirt pocket when I saw the live action movies.

I've also developed a soft spot for a number of G2 toys I had that I didn't realize were actual Transformers at the time. Rotorstorm, mainly. For whatever reason I had thought he was just some random transforming robot and not a Transformer. Ever since I got back into the fandom hardcore in the last number of years I ended up coming across him on TFWiki and totally had a massive nostalgia rush. Now I'm trying to find a complete one... and that is TOUGH so far.

Also special mentions had to go to G2 Windbreaker, one for having a great name, and 2, I'm 99% sure he was my first Transformer.