Which characters will feature Cybertronian toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Glitcher, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    Hi! Glitcher here, n00b to the board. Moved in here after Seibertron had a ghastly forum upgrade and wouldn't let me log in any more. So I figured this would be a nice place to hang my hat. ^_^

Anyway, I was wondering how many characters will have toys with Cybertronian modes. So far we know Optimus Prime and Megatron are on the release list, but what about the rest of the crew? Even if we don't see the vehicle modes of most characters in Transform and Roll Out, it's clear that their robot modes are not reformatted to Earth. Will we get another pyramid jet for Starscream or a hover car for Bumblebee? Do you want Hasbro to release different versions of the same character?

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So far only Cybertronian Op and Megs are known about. I kinda doubt we'll be getting any others (with the possible exception of characters who get no Earth mode at all), though I have nothing to back that up. Maybe popularity will kick out a few more Cybertron-mode characters

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know, I'd rather have cybertronian toys only for characters that actualy SHOWED them in the show like Megatron and Prime.
    Not that I'm getting any of the Cybertronian toys! I'm getting only the definitive version of the character.

4. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I'd love to have Ratchet more than the other two.

5. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

I would rather other characters than cybertron modes of existing characters.

6. not_prime

not_prime Still Sketchin

nkelsch's got a point, but I would really like to see a Cybertron Ratchet toy

7. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Me three on the Ratchet, otherwise I don't care

8. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Is Cybertron Rachet gonna be signifigantly different from his earth mode? His Robot mode looked very similar.

Maybe we will get a retool of the mold for Ironhide?

If it makes a show appearance (ratchet is getting a flashback episode) then maybe it would be cool.

9. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i see bumblebee in his cybertron mode

10. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

I loved Ratchet tank. He should definatly get a Cybertron alt mode.

11. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

Since Ironhide seems to have the same body as Ratchet on what little we've seen of him I wonder if we may actually get him as a toy using Ratchet's cybertronian mode.

And then they can switch them for repaints!

12. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    Crikey, you should work at Hasbro!

13. not_prime

not_prime Still Sketchin

The thing is, I don't think we'll see any toys of any characters we didn't see in their vehicle forms as well as robot forms. So I don't think we'll see any Cybertron Decepticons (save Megs), or any Cybertron Autobots 'sides Prime and Ratchet (possibility). Like I said: the only Cybertron modes we saw in the series were Megs, Prime, and Ratchet, so I doubt Hasbro would make a toy based on vehicle forms that weren't designed.

This is all assuming we DON'T see 'Bee, Bulkhead, Lugnut, Blitzwing, and Starscream's Cybertron modes in episodes to come.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    While it would be cool, I don't think we'll see any more than Prime and Megs. Ratchet is the only other one that would make any sense, and then could easily be retooled and repainted into Ironhide, though I don't think it's very likely. Especially since we've been told that not all the characters will be getting toys (doubtfull more than Prime and Megs will be getting multiple versions as well). We are supposed to be getting 8 FAB-like or Cyber Slammer-like toys in the line, so those could be their Cybertronian modes (though I'm thinking that's unlikely). If we could get just one more Autobot toy and one more Decepticon toy of their Cybertronian selves, I would definetly want Prowl and Blitzwing (not likely, but, it would be awesome).

15. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure the only reason we're getting Cybertron versions of Prime & Megs is because they're intended to be "teaser previews" before the Animated line fully launches. Add to that, the Cybertron forms of the other characters aren't really too different from their Earth forms anyway. For the two seconds that we saw Ratchet in his Cybertron alt form, it was basically still just an ambulance with some tank treads instead of wheels.

As far as I see it, their futuristic Earth forms might as well be Cybertron forms anyway considering none of them really look like Earth vehicles to begin with.

16. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure they're just wave 1, along with the others, not something seperate

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    From what we know, not including the Battle Pack (which currently seems to be moddified versions of Prime and Megs cybertronian forms), the only one in wave one will be Prime. Wave one seems to be Cybertronian Prime, Prowl, Bumblebee, Lockdown, Bulkhead, and Starscream (though Megs could be a 3rd Voyager, but the 4 Deluxe to 2 Voyager per wave sounds like what's going to happen, imo).

18. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    i'd rather see every character get a toy, thank you very much.

19. acc

acc Member

starscream and thundercracker's cybertron and bumbee cybertron modes were actually shown in the G1 part of the premiere. old school guys would have picked up on this.

20. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Ahh, fair enough. I was under the impression that Cyb Prime & Megs would be previews before the Animated officially launched, similar to how Protoform Prime & Starscream were released slightly before the rest of the Movie toys. I didn't realize they'd be considered apart of Wave 1.