Which characters are you NOT looking foward to in DOTM

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Trypticon 2010, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

For me:

Leo - Hoping the rumours are true that he's not coming back. He was annoying and added nothing to ROTF. The story would have worked just as well without him. His only purpose was to cry it seemed.

Twins - Unless there personalities are changed or they have a lot less screen time. Liking the new designs seen on set, but now nelson is saying they're out of the film. If they were going to be anythin like ROTF twins then I'm glad.

Lennox & Epps - I know some people like these guys but neither of them can act. Lennox says his lines wrong and Epps tries to be funny but fails.

Carley - May be even worse than Megan Fox, she's not even an actor. She looks pretty gormless in the trailer so not a good start. I hope I'm wrong on this one.

2. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Pretty much any of the Decepticons that aren't Megatron. Just not liking the pattern the films have been following of how the other Decepticons show up, get to do one cool thing, and then they can't do anything else but wait to either die or be forgotten about.

I really don't like Starscream's design so that's why I'm not looking to seeing him.

I hope the rumors are true that Leo and the Twins are not in the Dark of the Moon because I think it would be a better film without the nails on a chalkboard type characters.

3. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

well leo's not in it at all cause he wasn't seen during filming, so im assuming he isn't in the movie.
    and to the OP how do you know Lennox is saying his lines wrong? cause the dad,simmons, lennox and Epps are the best actors in the movies

4. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

twins and leo but hes not in the movie.

5. Trypticon 2010

I meant he never sounds believable when he talks, at least to me anyway. I just don't think he's a very good actor.

The line "Arcee twins he's coming your way" was IMO said wrong too. Either he was meant to say "Arcee! Twins! He's coming your way" or someone messed up the script.

6. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

I really wish maybe somehow Prime could've gotten infected with a generated Transformer type virus by Megatron maybe and then Prime would've succumbed to the effects of this 'virus' and turned into Nemesis Prime with a raging desire to kill both bots and cons and then that's how he dies (by battling to the death). Then, Hot Rod (wish he's in the movie) can take Prime's place as the new leader to take on the remaining cons (the ones Nemesis didn't kill :) )

I really don't want to see the twins OR the parents of Sam in Transformers 3.

7. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I understand what you're talking about, but in the case of this particular line, I think you'd have to chalk it up to the context of the scene. They are involved in a high-octane chase with a Decepticon foe. Yes, technically, Lennox should have placed a slight pause between "Arcee" and "Twins" (or at least switched the order to "Twins, Arcee!"), but I don't think that Lennox wanted to waste time by being 100% grammatically/phonetically/whatever word I'm looking for - correct. ie: "Arcee! *pause* Twins! *pause* Target coming your way!" If you had to warn two separate people about a swiftly approaching danger, would you pause and waste precious milliseconds by saying "Jim and John, watch out!". Just say both of their names very quickly. I don't think they'll care if you don't have a comma or a pause between their names, as long as you tell them to watch out for that incoming missile. He just happens to shout their names quickly, making it appear rushed. But still, his point comes across. :) 

But...but...the Bayformers Starscream is the BEST design! In my opinion, at least. :)  And that's yours. But I do agree with your last statement. You're not even looking forward to Shockwave? And just be thankful that the Decepticons show up and get to actually do one cool thing. They could show up and not do anything cool. ;) 

As for characters who I'm not looking forward to seeing... well, as long as Leo is gone, The Twins (if they're even in the final cut) are toned down and Sam's parents scenes are minimal, I'm good. I'd like it if Simmons could be a slightly more serious character. Him (possibly)
    being in a wheelchair
    looks like it might be promising. Maybe a bad run-in with a nasty 'Con left him badly injured. I can't wait to see every single Transformer character. Those recent pics of Sentinel and Optimus just got me SO JACKED UP! :D  I am excite.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Leo, IF he returns. Hope to God he is not. Dear God was he everything wrong with the world. My prayers seem to be answered, though.

Sam. I never thought I'd ever say this, but his constant being a total douche in real life is kind of imparing my ability to watch him and enjoy his performance. Which sucks because I like his dipiction of the Sam/Spike character the best. he's an actual character, not just "the human."

9. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was going to say something about Lennox's line with Arcee and the Twins but TylerMirage already said it perfectly. I like Lennox so I hope he has some cool stuff to do in the movie.

I'm fine with Leo not being in it. If the Twins are gone it's not a huge loss for me (but I'd be ok if they were just toned down).

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm just not crazy over the movie design as Starscream. But then that's just how it goes with Transformers, some times the new designs work for you like how I'm liking Transformers Prime Starscream and some times they don't. Which isn't saying that it's horrible and no one is allowed to like it, just that it doesn't work for me personally.

Shockwave I'm holding off a judgment on until the film is out. I'm really liking the toy we've seen so from a design point I'm happy with the character. Just don't want to get excited for the character in the movie only for something not cool to happen to him.

Ha ha, and you are right it could be worse but with so few live action robot movies out there you want to be greedy and get every bit of cool you can get out of one.

11. Trypticon 2010

I see what you mean but if it was a military situation, a general would still make his orders clear.

I still feel it was just a poorly delivered line, added by the fact that Arcee/Arcees had no character delopment so it makes the line even more confusing. Are two of them called Arcee? Did he mean the other twins? Was it a mistake?

12. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Honestly, I'm not looking forward to Sentinel Prime.
    I have a fear that he'll be this hugely powerful character, kick all kinds of Decepticon ass, then get killed by a back-stab, like Optimus in the forest.
    That, and I'm not keen on the whole 'good guys win' aspect of these films.
    Love the films, hate the cliche western aspect, which I see Sentinel as embodying.

13. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    He's one of those designs which distinguish the movie franchise. It's basically, what makes the movie aesthetic.

Personally speaking - based on seeing the toy - I'm not looking forward to see Autobot Skyhammer. Looks waaaaay to non-movie style to me.

14. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

not looking forward to any of the arcee bikes if they return, sam's parents, sentinel prime, & megatron

15. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Sam and Carly, Sam because he is a [Megatron talk] WORTHLESS PIECE OF FLESH [/Megatron talk] and Carly because...[...]...don't know, I just don't like her "acting skills" until now.

This Hardcore Eddie guy is also not pleasing me [cool name, though].

But I am looking forward to Simmons [ONE MAN! ALONE! BETRAYED BY HIS COUNTRY!], Lennox and Epps ["BRING THE RAIN!"], just far less than the Autobots.

16. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    Twins

17. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

Autobots.

18. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    bumblebee, sam's parents, and the wreckers

19. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Jesus Christ in a goddamn go-kart, people are still griping over the "Arcee twins" thing, which was hardly anything worth grousing about in the first place? Insert huge facepalm here.

I'm not looking forward to Leo, Bumblebee, Sam's parents, Decepticon clones and protoform troopers, Starscream, Megatron and Ratchet.

20. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Einstein bot.