Which character had the best death in the trilogy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Rusty24, Oct 1, 2011.

?

Who had the best death?

Poll closed Oct 6, 2011.
  1. Soundwave

13 vote(s)
    16.9%
  2. Megatron (DOTM death)

20 vote(s)
    26.0%
  3. The Fallen

14 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Shockwave

5 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. Other

25 vote(s)
    32.5%
  1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Starscream death I found was funny.

2. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I liked his death a lot too, but I also understand why some people don't like it. He didn't exactly get a big fight scene before he died and I didn't like that, but I loved the way he died. I mean Optimus punched away half his torso and ripped his eye out. How is that not a cool way to die?

3. VE Telus

VE Telus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For a poll, I'd expect there to be all the choices available.

Jetfire's my pick. Noble death; noble sacrifice.

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Devastator... because he exploded into a bunch of construction vehicles. And rail guns are awesome.

5. Rusty24

It was my first poll and that was the reason I put the other option on the poll.

6. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'd vote for Megatron's DOTM death, for the sheer purpose I get to yell "FATALITY!" every time I see it.

7. Egami

Egami Active Member

I agree, it is my favorite death too, it is also the most satisfying as far as the effort involved by both humans and autobots goes. But it would have been nice if Shockwave had a couple of more scenes, if he had been made to kill a couple of humans/autobots or even if he had a brief fight scene with Optimus at the beginning when they first met (which I think was there but was eventually cut out).

That said, I think very much all the deaths of the Decepticons could have been done much better. During the last half our of DOTM, Soundwave, Starscream, Shockwave and Megatron die. If felt rushed and neither of them was given room to shine.

8. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

agreed

9. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shockwave's death actually wasn't that bad. It may have seemed anti-climactic, but then you realize it took the Wreckers, the military, I think some of the other Autobots, and Optimus Prime ganging up on him to take him out. It was a cool action sequence.

Also, anyone notice Optimus Prime seems to be pretty good at using his foes' weapons against them? He shot Megatron's face off with his own fusion cannon in ROTF, used The Fallen's spear to shish kabob his own face off, used Shockwave's gun to shoot the pillar near Sentinel, and used Megatron's shotgun to headshot Sentinel.

10. bonycrushy345

bonycrushy345 Well-Known Member

megatron.
    that close up of optimus slamming megatrons head on the ground with the axe sticking out was badass.

11. Egami

Egami Active Member

Yes, he was the Decepticon that took the most effort to take down IMO. It took a lot of planning on the human side and then the autobots and Optimus to do him in. The scene where Optimus comes crushing several decepticons and then finally gets to Shockwave, who was already damaged/weakened and still being shot at by humans/autobots, is very well done and the part where he punches through his torso even had a couple of people at the theater cheering.

12. Rusty24

Ever since DOTM came out, I forgot just how awesome it was when Sideways got killed by Sideswipe. Grindor had a cool death as well and made yet another addition to Optimus's face collection that includes: Bonecrusher, Grindor, half of Megatron's face, The Fallen, Shockwave, the other half of Megatron's face, and Sentinel Prime.

13. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Not mentioned in the poll but Starscream death was a funny one adding some comedy to the finale, and of all death's I think Sentinel Prime's was the best death paying for his betrayal.

14. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

Ironhides, it was the first death in any transformers continuity to actually make me cry, and it was really brutal.

15. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sentinel Prime! Double tapped the old man begging for his life FTW!

16. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    Prime also begged ''Please'' to sentinel, who was readying to kill Prime, Which is something MANY neglect. (Not saying you did, just pointing it out)

17. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Yup, Ironhide's and Wheeljack's were the saddest deaths

18. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Shockwave. I mean, just look at Prime's battle sequence before dodge rolling, taking out a spiked knuckle whatever it's called, than proceeding to beating him down then finally ripping out his eye.

19. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Just so you know, Crankcase and Crowbar threw bombs at Ironhide and Sideswipe. They stab into the victim then anchor with the spikes before exploding on a timer. Ironhide stabbed Crankcase in the face with the one Crowbar threw just in time before the exploding.

20. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I think Sideways's death was the most anticlimatic out of them all. First death after TF1, in which all the Cons had some semblance of a "moment," before all this Decepticon drone business. Plus there was a potential rivalry with Sideswipe (silver cars, new characters, names begin with 'Side'). So when Sideways got stabbed, I expected him to pop out and engage Sideswipe, not continue doing nothing allowing the Bot to casually run him through.
    After that, any Con getting minimal screen time and keeling over with little effort didn't seem particularly out of place. Disappointing, but not out of place.

I suppose The Fallen's death is one of the most memorable, though that's probably largely due to how infamous "give me your face" has become.

EDIT: @Starscreamownz - Good to know.