which character DOESN'T have a toy planned?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Torque, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    does anyone know which characters dont have toys planned yet? it think its only Ironhide and Elita-1, but she's technically Blackarachnia. so is Ironhide the only one?

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Let's see here. Ironhide and Wasp are the only two I can think of at the moment. Wasp has had a listing, but it looks as though it was either false, it's been canceled, or they just don't have anything ready to show/talk about yet.

3. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Officially Omega Supreme has "No Plans", but they were probably lying about that.

I guess out of the transformers, It'd just be the majority of the Starscream clones(although they're all technically the same character.).

4. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Hasbro said at Botcon they were planning to do the starscream clones, so you have to rule that one out.

5. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    actually, for Wasp, some store stuff. like the numbers or sumthin, pretty much confirmed him

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd love a Activators Ironhide, Activators Ratchet is even bulkier than he should be, a head remold + repaint would be right.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I mentioned that in my post (the listing part). We've seen listings before that have been proved false,so I don't really see it as being confirmed. I think someone asked about Waspinator at SDCC and they said something to the point of they had no plans for him, but they could have been easily talking about Universe/25th Ann. and not Animated. As for the clones, I can imagine all of them being made, but most of them ending up as repaints of the Activators mold, with only a few of them being repaints of the Voyager mold.

8. Autobot-Girl

Autobot-Girl is possibly insane

Though he was only in the episode Autoboot Camp for only about 5 seconds, Cliffjumper?

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm just going to work through the Animated Resources section and fire off some names:

Elita-1 - highly unlikely.
    Ironhide - quite unlikely unless he gets a bigger role. Maybe as a Ratchet repaint / remold.
    Mixmaster - not announced yet.
    Omega Supreme - "no current plans" aka "planned but not ready to tell you so"
    Perceptor - give him a chance, we've only seen the animation model so far.
    Scrapper - not announced yet. Major character along with Mixmaster, though, so I think we'll get both and a two-pack of their yellow decos as a store exclusive.
    Female Starscream
    Liar Starscream
    Suck-Up Starscream
    Alternate Coward Starscream
    Generation 1 Homage Starscream - all clones, none announced. Full set is very unlikely, but Hasbro are on record as saying "we like our repaints" when asked about the possibility of more Starscreams.
    Wasp - There's a store listing for Waspinator, we've got next to no idea how close he'll be to Wasp.

Cybertron modes for the rest of the main cast - Bumblebee, Prowl, Bulkhead, Ratchet, Sentinel, Starscream, Lugnut, Blitzwing, technically Cliffjumper - though other than Bumblebee, who has repaint potential as Wasp and another Cliffjumper, I do not expect to see any of these come around as toys. Ratchet is a possible, as "young Ratchet". Younger face, no broken crest.

10. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    What about Wreck-Gar? I haven't seen a toy for him yet.

11. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    There were others on the listing - Swindle, Skywarp, Wreck Gar - all of whom were proved to be real. I'd put odds on him being in there too.

He's getting a toy. Red repaint of Activator Bumblebee, NEW HEAD.

12. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    A prototype was shown at Botcon. Grey hardcopy, looked very close to his animation model.

13. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

I've been wondering about that. Would the make her a straight up repaint of Starscream, or would they break out a new slighter, more feminine mould?

But I like your idea of a Cybertron-mode Young Ratchet figure. I much prefer that design over his standard grizzled old man design.

Also, do you by any chance have a link to a pic for that Perceptor animation model you mentioned? I'd heard the rumor of a Perceptor in Animated but this is the first I'm hearing about an Animation model being unveiled.

14. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    It was unveiled at Botcon, at the time the design was only a month old, and it was designed by Takara instead of the Cartoon Network team.

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    You got a point there, but I still think it could end up not happening. The one odd thing about the listing, imo, is that it's using the name Waspinator instead of just Wasp. We haven't heard him or anybody else use the name for him, as of yet, in the cartoon. The third season, once it's finished and gets picked up, will more than likely have Wasp return and have him change his name to Waspinator or some other reason for him to extend his name. I think Omega Supreme still might get a toy at some point. Will it be the rumored Supreme class figure, most likely not, imo. Personally, I hope he's a Voyager class figure. I'd much rather spend $20 than $50.

16. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    I remember a really older list that had Voyager Wreck-Gar, Deluxe Blurr, Deluxe Wasp, Deluxe Swindle and Voyager Skywarp in it.

Considering it had the name Wasp months months before we even knew Waspinator was Wasp in Animated it might be true.

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Mixmasters, Scrapper, Wreck-Gar no mention Hasbro?

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Wreck-Garr is getting a toy. A Voyager class figure to be specific. It was one of the things revealed at Botcon during the panel where pictures weren't aloud, but unfortunately wasn't shown at SDCC like many, including myself, were hoping he would. As for Scrapper and Mixmaster, no idea, but I personally think that if they get toys, they'll be Deluxe class figures.

That's the list I've been talking about. I remember it specifically saying Waspinator, not Wasp. Personally if he is getting a toy, I won't be surprised if it's just Deluxe Bumblebee in Wasp's colors with a retooled head.

19. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Oh yeah you're right, now that I look at it the name in it was "WASPIN", but considering it's from March or something they probably could've changed the plans.

20. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Deluxe Cybertron mode Ironhide / Ratchet would be very dope. I like that idea about younger Ratchet's crest.
    Same goes for a Cybertron mode Wasp / Bumblebee. I've wanted a Cyb. BB since I saw the very first G1 episode waaay back when... I'll take one now, thank you very much..
    Although I think Hasbro does enjoy the Deluxe scale, I'd like to see something crazy like Ultra Constructicons... I mean, they're effing huuuge on the show. Problem is I'd be happy with any scale just as long as they make em.

And on a sidenote, I'm glad the Megatron repaint isn't Galvatron... I'm still feeling the possibilities of seeing Rodimus or Galvatron in their own unique animated forms. One can hope, anyway