Which character are you most excited for?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by AutobotSkids, Feb 10, 2011.

1. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

I have to say, the dreads. I love the idea of these three robots who are in a sense triplets, but are badass henchmen of Megatron. The designs for the three are so creepy in bot mode, but "serious business" in vehicle mode, they pull it off better than the Arcees.

Personally, I would have called them Reflector. By the way, where was it confirmed that the dreads are called Crankcase?

What do you think?

2. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shockwave and Sentinel.

3. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    One is called Crankcase. The others are unnamed. They're doing the one mind crap again?

But yeah, I can't wait to see the Dreads, and that Long Haul that was seen...

4. AutobotSkids

Well I assume they are, they're all the same vehicle mode, and they seem to do everything in a group. (The three drove around on set together, and two crash into Ironhide side by side)

So only one is Crankcase huh? I assume he's the leader.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Honestly not really excited for any one in particular. Probably doesn't help that they're toy bio's will inevitably have more characterization than they're on-screen counterparts. Bay can say that he's working "extra hard" to get DotM "right" all he wants, but he's a guy who should stick to action sequences, and have someone else handle the actual story-line and what not. Not trying to sound like a jerk when I say this, but I'm extremely happy that he's sticking to this being his last Transformers movie.

Last I checked that wasn't even a true rumor. Just people taking a toy listing's name and applying it to them. In fact, we don't even know whether or not they'll be called "the Dreads" in the movie. For all we know it could just be Bay's nickname for them. Also, where is this whole one mind thing coming from?

6. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Shockwave and the Wreckers.

Interested in Sentinel too.

7. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout In Existential Crisis Mode

News Credits:
    This.

Now if we could just see Sentinel's robot mode already.

8. AutobotSkids

I'd bet money that's what they're going with. Bunch of robots with the exact same altmodes that are never seen individually (Two even crash into Ironhide together side by side!), kid of sounds like something the writers would do. Heck, I'd be fine with it.

9. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Well, Transformers HAD transformed at the same time before. I don't think that Crankcase is controling them. (I'm sure Bay would've learned from the fan's reaction to the Arcee sucklets.)

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That....that doesn't answer my question. Let me rephrase it. Where is the idea that the three "Dreads" will be controlled by one mind coming from?

Basically, is it an actual rumor? or is it an idea you came up with yourself?

11. AutobotSkids

No, it isn't an actual rumor, just a guess at how they were written and will be characterized in the movie. Ofcourse, their toy bios will probably say something totally different...

I'm going to edit my original post since I seem to be confusing people. I'm fairly confident that's how they'll be portrayed, though they could just as easily be individuals with their own personalities.

12. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Shockwave, Longhaul, Barricade, Jolt, Devastator(BrawL), Mixmaster(clone ofcourse) & Scrapper(if he's showing up):music 

13. BAMC18

BAMC18 Well-Known Member

The red Ferrari!! Just hope he's not rodimus

14. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    Every single god damn transformer in this movie that does somthing and says somthing

15. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Shockwave, I guess.

16. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

Jolt isn't in the movie and Barricade is... well... I wouldn't hope for it.

17. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    THIS x3

18. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I'm not giving up hopes since I read this;

Jolt:

"GM informed Reuters that it’s looking to increase its promotional spending on the Volt campaign in the coming year, in part due to a “growing interest in reaching more women.” Part of this spending will include a global digital promotion for the Volt tied to the third “Transformers” movie around its scheduled July release. The problem is that the third film is currently in post-production (editing, sound, special effects) and at no time was the telltale blue Volt spotted on set.

Seeing that the Volt was absent from filming, its expected that Jolt will only be added – if at all – digitally during a fight scene or at least in the background."

(link) “Jolt,” Chevy Volt To Return For Transformers 3: Dark of The Moon? - ChevyHardcore.com

Barricade:

"With this vehicle being reintroduced in the 3rd Transformers film, its value is sure to go through the roof. An interesting bit of trivia is that these cars were built by Steve Saleen as the prototypes for the S281 Extreme. We have seen a lot of these movie cars and can honestly say that this is the cleanest movie car we have ever seen. It was purpose made for the movie and only has 7,200 original miles. The car is 100% street legal and is being sold on a clean, Missouri title with VIN number 1ZVFT82H755115527."

(link) Actual "Barricade" Saleen Mustang Available on eBay; Early Christmas Present?

19. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Optimus

Movies are all about action, Prime always delivers ACTION

20. ladym

ladym Well-Known Member

i look forward to see Alpha Trion for a change :)