Which Bulkhead should I buy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bathawk, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Bathawk

Bathawk Well-Known Member

Originally this was going to be a no brainer for me. Leader Class right?

After all Bulkhead is supposed to be huge, and not just a thicker-but-same-height as his deluxe class friends

But the I saw the video review of Leader Class Bulkhead (LCB)

a Buzzsaw hand? Laser turret? Missles?

The Buzzsaw hand I can almost see (he did use it on the show right?) but the turret and the missiles...not so much, as for one thing , it goes against the Animated Autobots "style" of only using Archaic weapons while the Decepticons use actual firepower

But according to the review the missiles are removable, but their mounts still stick out. and the turret is REQUIRED to hide LCB's head

so what do you all recommend voyagers "tiny but faithful" of LCB's "Big and Strapped"?

2. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hands down Leader if you want the in scale look to your line.

If you buy Voyage BH it going to be only a bit bigger than the regular Bumblee which I feel is a big NAY!!!

And like you said the Buzzsaw isn't that bad and you can take the missles off. and honestly the cannon cover isn't that big of and eye sore once you get use to it.

I would jump on the leader one now if your Wal-Mart has them marked down to $28.99 like some other WM's do.

3. Faxon

Faxon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    voyager is a lot of fun if you are willing to get past the height. Not sure about the leader though.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Leader. I like to think of him as being a future 'Elite Guard Bulkhead' of sorts, promoted and upgraded to deliver the 'Cons some serious whoop-ass.

5. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

i have voyager bulkhead,and while i like him and he is more accurate looking i still plan on getting leader bulkhead too.

they should have just made him a show accurate leader class bulkhead first off,but what ya gonna do?

6. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Leader. No ifs, ands, or buts. (imo)

Voyager looks good, but it's so small, just tiny. (Think Lugnut, but smaller.)

Leader, aside from the upgrades that are most assuredly not show accurate (lol), is the better of the two choices. He's got a nice range of poseability, he's super detailed, his lights and sounds are a plus, not a detraction (unlike some figures) and he's one of the most fun to transform. (I've spent upwards of 45 minutes going back and forth with him just because.)

Let's put it this way, if in another 25 years, we're celebrating the 50th anniversary and they do another Universe line and ask us for an updated figure, I'd hope they'd pick Leader Class Bulkhead because he's that awesome.)

Oh, and those hands of his can be replaced, easily. (With some slight modifications, you can actually put the hands of the Voyager into the Leader, with the wrecking ball function fully intact.)

7. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    I'd go with leader.
    He is full of awesomeness and more in-scale to boot!

8. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Leader figure is superior in bot-mode, whereas the voyager one is somehow deformed. I have to be honest though, with all the added gizmos on the leader, it kind of loses the charm of the vehicle mode.

If you have to choose, I'd say pick the leader class. It's bot-mode looks better and it's bigger (and more in-scale to other characters). Voyager one is still pretty sweet though.

9. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Go Leader for sure. My four year old & I would both agree on that one. The Voyager is waaaaay too small. He has okay articulation, head turns, those tri-claw fingers move, etc. But all'n'all he's practically a fat Deluxe figure in robot mode. Fat, not phat. Instead of a hulking one-bot wrecking crew, he's basically the short pudgy one of the group. Get your money's worth and go Leader class. Big with big guns, looks better all around, can't go wrong. :) 

10. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i personally find the voyager toy more characterful and is more fun and simpler to transform. The leader toy gives more the impression thats hes just an huge mecha whereas the voyager seems more like a sentient entity, if you know what i mean.

I like both but if you want bulkhead from the show then its the voyager, if you are totally bothered by size then its the leader.

11. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Get both. Bulkhead is a shelf warmer in my parts, and has gone on sale quite a few times. They are both really great figures for different reasons. I'd say the voyager is the best out of all of the voyagers after Shockwave.

12. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    Leader Bulky comes with the Headmaster, thats reason enough

13. Bathawk

love the comments everyone seems like Leader is winning (still hate the stupid gun turret though)

makes me wonder what type of mods they are going to give Lugnut if/when they ever make a Leader

14. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I felt the same way about the leader, until I bought him. Voyager is great, possibly my favorite transformer ever, but it is small. The leader still "feels" like bulkhead, but with some extra Mods. I kinda hope that the new season of animated will feature Bulkhead with all the new mods.

15. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd go with Leader too, it's the one I ordered for myself. Bulkhead is big and, well...bulky. He should be a huge figure. The Voyager looks nifty, but the size discrepancy bothered me too much.

16. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    I'd go with Leader Class Bulkhead. I just flip the gun barrels to the back and they look like exhaust pipes. Plus since Leader class figures are $10 off with the Target coupon, it is really just $10 more than the Voyager.

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    agreed! Voayger Bulkhead has the gimmick right but leader's got the size and the headmaster

18. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i recommend both-Leader is better in size, Voyager is more show accurate in appearance. they made both so that you can either have one that looks accurate or one that is a proper size, and if you want both size and appearance, you need to deal with buying 2. its fairly good planning on their part, something that surprised me

19. Bathawk

wow someeon chose Seawing as a nick? Sorry to comment, just Seawing was (I believe the last transformer I bought in 1988 until I bought Universe Prowl a few months ago

20. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    [​IMG]