Which Beast Machines Cheetor is the best one to get?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mugen_prime, May 4, 2010.

1. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

I've been gradually trying to finally complete my Beast Wars and Beast Machines collections lately. But when it comes to Beast Machines Cheetor, I'm stumped. I'm not sure which I should get.

I have Titanium Cheetor with my Beast Machines collection right now. But I'm not sure if I want him in there. There's the Mega class Cheetor which is show accurate in some ways, but not very accurate in other ways. Then there's two versions of Nightslash Cheetor. The head mold on Nightslash seems pretty accurate from what I've seen, but the colors aren't and certain aspects of his design aren't as accurate. Then of coarse there's the Supreme Cheetor which I would never get because it's ridiculously out of scale and still not very show accurate.

So I'm looking for opinions on which one you guys think is the best one to get. I almost want to go for Nightslash. But the Mega seems decent too. So which would you guys recommend?

2. Tm Tarantulas

Tm Tarantulas Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    if not the titanium, my vote is mega.

if your looking for screeen accuracy, getting a version the complete oposite color is probably not the best choice.

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I always liked the Mega versions, probably just because of nostalgia. I don't have the Titanium version, but going by some photos, it looks like it might be better.

4. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    If you want one to represent the original BM Cheetor, then Titanium. It's a great version of the character. But if you want an all-around better toy, see if you can find the Universe repaint of Nightslash Cheetor, that one's my favorite.

5. Tm Tarantulas

Tm Tarantulas Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    u always seemed more of a supreme cheetor type of guy

tehehe

6. mugen_prime

That's sort of the version of Nightslash I was considering, since it is at least yellow. I do have some painting skills as well, so color isn't necessarily the biggest issue. Though color isn't an issue at all with the Mega since it's pretty close to the right colors to begin with.

7. ectoneon

ectoneon Well-Known Member

I have all but the titanium, and I like nightslash the best. Colors may be off, but at least he can stand on his own!

8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

The Mega is the least Accurate of them all pluse he's not stable at all. This may just be a problem with mine but he has allot of loose joints and that's not just from how old he is he was like that right out of the box. Cheep gimics that don't work, mainly the arm jacking off motion he does when you squeeze his right shoulder. It's suppose to be a sword swinging action but he's swinging the wrong way so it just looks like he's jacking off. And non of his transformation locks into place, this guy is constantly transforming himself. The only thing really hard about the transformation is swapping the beast and robot heads and calling that hard is an exageration.

Nightslash Cheetor has a black and a show color version. It's fairly accurate but not quit as tall and skinny as he should be.

The Supreme one looks the most accurate to me but TJ seems to think he's Plastic Addict worthy for some reason I do not yet understand. I never got him or Jetstorm because of the price but I think they both look great.

If you're not willing to spend the money on the Supreme, get the Deluxe because I have the Mega and it's not worth the money. Hell, I'll send the Mega version to TJ if I can find his tail. If any Cheetor is Plastic Addict worthy it's that one... well, there's also the TM2 Cheetor who has G1 level articulation.

9. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    If you've got scratch to spare, you could get both versions of Nightslash and partswap the clear orange bits from the BM version onto the Universe version. Mustard kitty with cheeto paws!

Failing that, I kinda feel like the titanium figure is as good as it gets for show accuracy. Even if he is short and bulky, instead of tall and lanky.

10. mugen_prime

Thanks for the input so far guys! It's helping, and giving me ideas.

Funny you should mention that, cos I was just thinking about the possibility of getting both versions of Nightslash Cheetor. The translucent yellow/orange plastic on the black one would probably be pretty easy to paint with a transparent green to make the green spots he's supposed to have. Swap that over to the Universe Nightslash for the yellow body, remove the scratch-like paint apps from the Universe one, add proper spots. Might make for a fairly accurate BM Cheetor.... maybe.

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Supreme Cheetor is one of the biggest pieces of shit produced by hasbro. it's made all the more hilarious that the thing was really expensive, and was still shelfwarming during armada, on clearance, and not going anywhere.

12. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Thanks but I have Mega Cheetor already, he was in the Top 5 Inappropriate Transformers. As for Supreme, looks are deceiving, having it in-hand it's quite atrocious.

13. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the Universe version of Night Slash Cheetor the best. I picked it up a little while ago. The paint job isn't perfect, but it works for me.

14. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

You summed it up for me here dude. Nightslash was the coolest to fiddle with in my humble opinion.

15. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

Omegus Prime = TJOmega? Makes sense to me...

And damn, I forgot about that. (Why is it every time I think I have a plastic addict victim for you it turns out you already have it?)

Anyway... I never owned the Supreme Cheetor because I simply couldn't afford it at the time. I thought it looked great in the packaging and I'm really interested to see exactly why it's such a waist of plastic. But don't ruin it for me, I'm waiting for the review. :) 

Nightslash Cheetor I never picked up because even though I seen the more accurate version online I never seen it in store, only the black one.

Titanium had the same problem as the supreme, I couldn't afford it. But I really wanted it. I want Fallen more though, I saw him in the store once and was going to buy him the very next weekend after I got paid but never saw him again. :( 

16. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not trying to be funny or to rain on your parade...but none of the BM Cheetor toys are that good. I've you've got the Titanium version I would just stick with that.

17. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Plus one for Universe Night Slash. He's the only one with big enough feet to do those cool BM Cheetor poses.

18. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    NS Cheetor is good for standing, and having a head/torso that's rather show accurate, but his transformation amounts to a head swap and his cat mode is totally uninteresting. He's a good action figure, but I hardly consider him a transformer.

If one's main interest is robot mode alone, I suppose he's great. Mega is basically the only BM Cheetor I sorta like a little bit. He probably needs to balance against something to stand in robot mode, but for a "stand-up-the-cat" transformation, he actually is a little interesting and fun to transform. The cat mode's nicely poseable too with articulated limbs and spine.

19. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Night Slash Cheetor EVERY time. The Mega one is nice but is a complete PITA to get standing up unsupported. Supreme Chetor, although an interesting idea, is hampered by the loss of articulation from his arm gimmicks and the fact that he's every bit as difficult to stand as the Mega.

20. mugen_prime

Well, I think I'm leaning toward Nightslash. I might try to get both versions and do a little swapping and some paint touch ups. Universe NS Cheetor seems to be kinda hard to find though. Thanks for all the help guys!!