Which are you favoring more: Hercules or Giant?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Karhukjnsi, Oct 30, 2011.

?

Hercules or Giant?

1. Hercules

35 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. Giant

32 vote(s)
    38.6%
  3. Both are too awesome, I can't pick one over the other

13 vote(s)
    15.7%
  4. Neither appeal to me enough

3 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I'm kinda stuck deciding which I may get, if any at all. I wanna hear what the other TFWers think. What about you? Are you interested in one more over the other? Gonna get both? Neither? Discuss!

2. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    there are actually quite a few threads and polls about this.

3. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    i like giant because of the size.
    hercules has GREAT robot modes for the individual bots.. but how many people are actually going to display the bots separately.

giant is in scale with the other combiners so to me it looks nicer

4. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So far it's Hercules, simply because he looks amazing and they've started releasing the figures already.
    Giant has the best size, but the fact that they won't sell the green version in two-packs kind of turns me off from him. I would much rather pay for it once a month rather than throw all my money out the window in one day.
    Chances are I'll end up getting both though :p 

5. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    My apologies, I knew that there were individual threads discussing Hercules and Giant respectively, but not a comparison/contrast kind of thread. I shall be more diligent with the search function in future uses. But for now, I'd like to hear your two cents on the figures themselves.

6. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Giant. Better proportions, better headsculpt, more 2011 looking classics individual bots

7. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Giant, cheaper (apparently) and a nicer looking sculpt in general. Not liking the fact they are releasing them in green only via a giftset, and the 2 pack ones are yellow.

8. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    Curious on that last point...I shall have to check the prices at BBTS, that may aid me in a decision.

9. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Sadly, I think I will have to get both. My wallet hates me, my wife will be displeased, and my children may go hungry but......I will have toys.

10. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    You know, I love both Hercules and Giant. But there is something about Giant that I really love. So he's edging out Hercules. But what bothers me is that we've only seen grey prototype pics. I really hope they don't fuck up the green on Giant.

Btw, I'm getting both.

11. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hercules, the combined mode and individual bot modes are nice, scale is great for me, want him to be big. and the construction vehicles are the larger sized ones instead of the regular versions (eg. excavator)

12. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Giant. As amazing as Hercules' individual robot modes are, along with vehicle and combined...That head really throws it off for me. It's almost as bad as the Classics Devs face. Neither look like Devastator to me and Giant's does. Plus, I have way more classics inspired figures than MP so it's a no-brainer. He's coincidentally easier on my wallet too...especially after getting the three ninja bugs and a few other missing items in my collection the past few months.

13. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

im down with the sickness with both..

14. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

The more I see of Hurcules the less I like it. The head sculpts just look odd on most of them. They seem a little too bulky and blocky to me in all modes. And the vehicle modes just look off to me.

On the other hand, the more I see of Giant the more I love it. Good looking vehicle modes. Nice head sculpts and bot proportions (from what we've seen so far). And for a smaller figure than hercules, way more detail. Overall, just looks like better designs, engineering and execution IMHO.

15. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Hercules...he looks less cluttered IMO

16. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Giant.

1) More G1 accuracy in combined mode and (so far with their not-Scavenger vs. Exgraver) individual bot modes (still waiting for clearer unblurred photos of the rest of the bots).

2) Giant's design aesthetic also seems more solid as a whole (sharing cues with FansProject's aesthetic) while Hercules appears more haphazard (as in the designers making it up as they go along.... case in point, the last minute chest shield addition, weird color choices, and Mad Blender's dopey looking cab/foot mode). That and I love the generator trailers becoming the forearms and the overall look of Giant's face sculpt (with visor!) and rifle design much more than Herc's.

3) In scale with FansProject Colossus/Bruticus and any other possible future combiners (FP Menasor?). Can you say (possible) combiner three-way a la Starscream's Brigade? XD

4) The price will more than likely be much cheaper than TFC's Hercules, even with markups by TFSource and BBTS ($99.99 a bot for Hercules has become a major turn off for me).

5) MakeToys plans to release green Giant as a boxed gift set, which is much more convenient and cost effective than paying for shipping on individual/2-pack releases or having to wait on your Pile-of-Loot until the next or all the bots come out. I'd rather get them all in one shot anyway than playing the (agonizing) PoL waiting game or (expensive) multiple shipping-footsies with overseas distributors like Robot Kingdom (cheaper products but high shipping will eat into those said savings).

Hercules is still looking incredible but all of the factors above are winning me over to the side of Giant by a wide margin.

17. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Still waiting for word on the exact price of the green giftset. Already know the prices of the yellow two packs, and that they guesstimated the pricing for each giftset, but I want to see it official. If it keeps to what they've estimated for that one, I'll be getting both but favoring Giant. If not, I'll stick with Hercules. (and no vote cast just yet--waiting... :)  )

18. Percy Harvin

Percy Harvin Banned

Where is Hercules $99.99 per bot? And if so why would you order from them when he sells for much less at other retailers?

19. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    Have we heard of a price for GIANT yet?

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Giant. Better silhouette that matches the Devastator character better, the individual members look a hell of a lot better so far, and it's going to be released in G2 yellow first, which I prefer.

I've never liked Hercules' proportions or silhouette. Not buying for size alone.