Which are the rarest Binaltechs/alternators?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by lazerous8506, Jan 12, 2009.

1. lazerous8506

lazerous8506 Seacon

Thats pretty good pricing, too bad the same cant be said where i am in the uk.
    BT wheeljack just went on ebay for £55 (~$80) :( 

2. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Aside from those already mentioned - Swerve, Decepticharge, Camshaft - other difficult to find ones over here are Rumble and Mirage.

Alt Wheeljack was on sale in Argos for £6 a few months ago, so is all over eBay at at least twice that price :scalper  , and Dead End, Shockblast and Swindle are under £18 at Toys and games for all ages. The online toy shop from The Entertainer. (I have ordered from them and I was impressed, so they are ok).

3. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i never wanted a complete set of them (i have Hound, which i really like) but availability here was dismal.
    but if ROTF re-inflates 'em again, i think i will have to wait till next year to get the few others i want for a reasonable price.
    like Meister, Grimlock.

not wanting to start a fuss, but Alt, BT, IMO, are what i was hoping for in the updated G1 category. really neat work there.

good luck filling out yer collection.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    swerve
    decepticharge
    camshaft
    mirage
    wheeljack
    rumble
    ravage xk

5. tomdom69

tomdom69 Well-Known Member

Well it seems like your mainly getting binaltech's and only getting the alts that are different. Like me.

the BT red jazz called "zoom zoom" is kinda rough.

the BT asterisks

I consider the kiss players as alternators .... they are $$$

I think there is a blue prowl that may be $$ also

try digital toys that guy will give you a good deal if you get a few.

6. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    binaltech Corona #2 smokescreen

7. lazerous8506

lazerous8506 Seacon

Never even occured to me that the entertainer would have them, the one near me is a bit naff to say the least!
    All out of stock atm tho

Yeah it pretty much is all the BTs and the different alts (or at least thats the plan!).
    Looked at the kiss players and they are way too expensive, just glad im not a die hard completest! I'll probably get the Alt rodimus and just BT convoy

8. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    was #2 shortpacked? i don't even know which one i have...

9. artiepants

News Credits:
    i really need to track down Camshaft and Rumble and Ravage at some point ~ i didn't really care for any of those molds, so i never made it a priority. I've got almost everything else except Autolooper and the "late" Takara Rehashes (i just thought those were lame)

I also skipped the Ram because i just thought the mold was terrible, terrible, terrible

10. Cascadia

Cascadia Mt. St. Hilary

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The ones that are already mentioned are the ones that tend to be pricey. I recommend keeping an eye on ebay, forums, etc. to see if someone is selling their Alt or BTs at a reasonable price that would not hurt your budget/wallet too much. I have at least one of each mold except for a few exceptions. In picking either Alts or BTs, I think that would depend on a personal taste. Good luck filling your collection.

11. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    From the Japanese side of things Binaltech Black Convoy is definetely the rarest BT figure as it was limited to about a 1000. Kiss Players Rodimus is another hard to get one and costs a pretty penny to boot. The white BT Meister is also one you dont hear about all too often but he is a bitch to track down too and is also a small fortune when he does pop up.

12. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    the corona #1 and #2 are both awsome, but for some reason, the #2 is the
    2nd hardest binaltech to find, after the bt-17, oh and the lucky draw miester(which is limited to 1, so it is hands down the rarest of the binaltechs...or TF's for that matter).

13. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

Cool thanks for the info. i plan to collect these losse but might be a mix/match type deal as some Alts aren't BT it seems and vice-versa for example they will not make Arcee/megatron in Alt but have them in BT correct? I just hate paying $50+ for a figure even a new one then opening it up. I coudl see BT going for 24.99 new but $50 is a bit steep for me. That's when i start thinking man fo that I can almost get some G1 boxed stuff.

14. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:

There was no Alt/BT Megatron, but you are correct in saying there isn't an Alt Arcee, since the Alt equivalent of BT Arcee is Alt. Decepticharge.

15. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    That thing's such an eyesore, I wonder who owns it.

16. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    My own experience is that you can find KP Rodimus for reasonable wonga; I only seriously decided to look for one last year, and was encouraged to see a few selling at auction sites for just over and just under the £100 mark; way less than the astronomical prices some people try and charge. I soon got one (brand new & boxed, & shipped halfway around the world) for 52 quid. Which may not be loose change, but isn't silly money either.

No attempt to brag, btw; just makes me think he isn't quite as rare as some sellers wanted you to think...

As a side note, he's also one of my favourite BTs; it really is a great mould, can't recommend it highly enough... :) 

17. artiepants

News Credits:
    I'm somewhat embarrassed i've never opened it up. I got both Hasbro and Takara because they had such different paint...

18. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

I was refrerring to the one that they are releasing soon that is Megatron, the Nissan Z I think it is.

19. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I too think the Rodimus/Mirage mold is the best. I like the Hasbro Rodimus because of the flames and lack of the stripes. I had both of them but sold the Kissplayers one(I kept the box and all accessories though). The Mirage figure already had the white stripe as well.

20. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    What about that "Satellite" Prowl? Wasn't he only available as a promotional prize in Japan for some TV or Radio station?