Which Arcee would you rather buy if you had the choice?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Galvatron1, Feb 18, 2009.

?

If they were the same price point, which would you rather buy?

1. Hironori Kobayashi BotCon '98 Arcee

51 vote(s)
    54.3%
  2. TFA Arcee

43 vote(s)
    45.7%
  1. Galvatron1

Galvatron1 DECEPTICON LEADER

The question is simple. Which would you rather buy at the same price point? The G1 is just a fan-made custom, but assume for a second, the custom were mass produced & had the same high quality paint & same quality injection molded plastic, as any officially released Hasbro/Takara product:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    or

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I'm making my own Arcee (in the sig). I have yet to see a G1 Arcee custom that I really like, and that Animated one looks awful (but I'm really not a fan of Animated).

3. Galvatron1

The Arcee link in ur sig is not working.

4. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

The geewun part of me is going for the custom, and i think in the end i would go for that one, but that's not to say i don;t like the animated one either. I'd get both, but G1 takes precedence.

5. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I realized that right after I posted. I fixed it.

6. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    The G1 Arcee without a doubt. Something about the Animated really bugs me, maybe even scares me a bit. The custom G1 Arcee looks great, light years beyond the Animated figure AND the unreleased Titanium Arcee.

7. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Old school Arcee

8. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    Hasbro should just bite the bullet and do all the female transformers. They are not just awesome. They are radically awesome.

Having said that, I'm buying Animated but I'd prefer the fan made Geewun

9. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

What the heck, i'd buy the G1 Arcee even if it was deluxe and the other cost scout price.

And i agree. All fembots should be made. AND NOT REPAINT/MOLDS OF ONE MOULD EITHER.

10. scarnivac

scarnivac Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    if you ask me the head for the animated one is way too big for the body..
    I never saw the titanium one, so I just googled it, but why wasn't this produced??

11. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Going with G1 Arcee here. What I really want, however, is a new mold toy for Nightracer.

12. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    G1. But I'll take he Animated one... and i don't even collect Animated..

13. AMG

AMG Old School

I'd take the custom Arcee if given the choice.

14. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

No contest. That custom G1 Arcee is simply gorgeous. I'd take that any day over the freakishly proportioned Animated Arcee.

What gets me is this; the first 5 waves of Animated Deluxes did such a great job of capturing how the characters looked in Animated and looked so...well...clean...with the exception of Bumblebee's clownfeet, but everything since has some serious wacky proportions, at least to me. That Arcee doesn't look anything like the Arcee we saw in the toon, at least as far as I can remember. It's been a serious bummer, as Arcee was the only Animated figure I was holding out for this year... :( 

15. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    If given the choice I'd buy the G1 one in a heartbeat, even though it's essentially a non-articulated statue.
    I totally love the Animated figure too though. I dig the proportions, they make her look younger, more like a teenage girl than a woman.

16. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The G1 Arcee looks like a better "Classics" design, though Animated is probably an easier-to-handle toy. Plus the Animated one - y'know - looks like a car, as opposed to a carlike front end with thighs sticking out of it.

17. Galvatron1

[quote name='John 14:6' post='1487347' date='Feb 17 2009, 05:06 PM']But when the show looks as lazily done as Animated, cartoon accuracy isn't something to be proud of.[/quote]

:rock  :drum :hbang :hbang :notworthy :woot :cop :bounce :p fx :rofl :uown:

I mean it's like come on. I've been waiting 20 years for a G1 Arcee, & is this the best Hasbro has to offer me?
    [​IMG]

I can't stand SD, hence y I don't like 99% of da g1 robot heros. TFA is good attempt @ g1, trust me I sat down & gave it a try! I watched every single ep. of season 1 & 2, but I just couldn't get into it. I don't like the voice acting, writing, storylines(they're way too kiddie), where as I can sit for hours watching old episodes of g1. Granted, g1 did have some bad stories & bad art to at times, but most of it was good until they got to the head masters, target masters, or anything masters. The thing that bothers me the most about Animated is how super deformed they look. No human is built like that. The proportions look terrible, everything has exaggeratedly tiny wastes & big everything else, etc. Look at arcee. Her torso is a little short, but acceptable, but once you get below her waist, did some one attach midget legs to her? From what I remember, Arcee had long slender human proportioned legs & sexy looking hips, wtf happened? :tfhuh She now has no hips & clunky lowere legs! & hasbro has been f--kn up a lot lately with colors, why is her abdominal area brown & top of her legs brown? Why does her shoulders not look like shoulders, but instead looks like a place where I should insert a flat head screw driver? Why should we be subjected to seeing holes in her upper thighs in robot mode? Shouldn't robotic designs get better after 25 years of being in this business? :wtf & wus wit the helmet wit da chin strap? Is she about to go pilot a Valkarie or something? She's a friggin race car for Christ's sake! She never had no g-d dam Fighter plane helmet with goggles, she had eyes!! :yay If she saw how ugly her new incarnation is, even she wudn't even buy herself! :rofl Give us the Arcee we want!! :thumb 
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I know the flaming is coming, bring it!! :run

18. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I'm going to go against the grain here and say Animated. Sure, the custom would make a great Classics Arcee, but I think Animated Arcee looks a bit better. Plus, I do kinda want to recreate Ratchet's flashbacks from "Thrill of the Hunt", and she's the only figure I need.

19. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm going for the custom one here, but I'm sure the TFA one looks ok, too, in person. Not sure if I'll pick up another pink Arcee toy though, after letting go of TFTM one (G1 deco).

20. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

well if i remember correctly the custom was a "put together" model, unless you wanted to pay extra lol, plus you had to supply the "joints" yourself, if i remember correctly too.

and i remember the price being at least $100

and tfa Arcee, will be $12, maybe?

i can buy, 8 TFA's for ONE of those customs. and who knows the how the quality of plastic is, on that custom.

plus if i remember correctly... it was pretty big too... lol

plus it has that "car with thighs sticking out" look that some one else pointed out lol.

$12 to $100+

i can buy 8 tfa deluxe's to ONE of those lol no thank you.

and i think the tfa looks fine, and why would you want a toy to be "sexy," anyways, Galvatron1?

it's a TOY! :lol !