Which Animated Deluxe is the hardest one to find and "worth more" ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Code, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Code

Code Banned

Ebay:
    Seems like swoop seems to be the hot one, am I wrong?

2. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Cybertron Prime is the only one I don't see multiples of all the time. I doubt any are going to be worth more than other's though. It all depends on demand, though.

3. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ratchet and Blackarachnia ;) 

4. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

at current time i'd say the new wave waspinator and samurai prowl since HTS and bigbadtoystore already sold out. added that i haven't seen them at stores yet (at least in the baltimore, MD area). All together though I really couldn't say cause i can usually find all of them all over the place. my local walmart still has most of the old waves up to the swindle, blurr wave.

5. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Since they come in waves it's not really a fair question. During swoop's wave, I couldn't trip without hitting a swoop. The latest one seems to have been blurr but I see him everwhere. As far as "worth more" it's hard to say.

I didn't count wasp and samurai prowl since they've just started showing up at retail.

6. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I'd say the Target Exclusives are going to be "worth more" simply because they're exclusives. But there are plenty of places here where seemingly the entire Animated line is just one big pegwarmer.

You have to remember supply and demand. With Animated, there's plenty of supply, but demand is so-so. So most figures aren't going to worth much more than retail in the long run. Short-packed figures are typically the way to go since naturally supply is less and demand is again so-so or somewhat high.

If you're collecting for future value (not something I care for personally), then all in all, Animated's not really the way to go. Unless they come out with an Animated BotCon exclusive or something. Animated's mass-marketed as they want every kid who watches the show to get every toy they put out.

That mail-away clear Mirage from the Generations book though...

7. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Deluxes don't really seem to be hard to find, I'd say the newest wave would be simply because it's not yet saturated the shelves (it will in due time though).

As for what is "worth more", I'd go so far as to say they are all worth the same. $12.99 plus tax.

Kinda curious as to why you're asking though.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    easy cybertron mode optimus and bumblebee, they were the first ones i picked up back last year because cybertron modes i knew would be scarce because cybertron modes are really sold for long, bumblebee is the kiddy's fav.

9. simplygriff

simplygriff ยต - Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    Bumblebee was just re-released in the new wave with Blurr and Swindle.

Gotta say I haven't seen a Ratchet in quite a while though he used to be all over the place just like all of them.
    -G

10. jadtdt

jadtdt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's a limit on how rare a Deluxe can be. HasbroToyShop has everything pre-Waspinator/Samurai Prowl for, at the most, $10.99.

11. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah none of them are rare and they were all sold in the millions so IMO collecting a new line as an investment is Fail-tastic

also if any one wants a BB in the UK the 2 pack with ratchet is warming just about every TRU store so just ask any UK fan nicely and I'm sure they could send you a set

12. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

If anything was going to be valuable, it will be Stealth Lockdown. He's got all the elements
    -store exclusive (=less common)
    -clear redeco colour scheme (rare for Hasbro)
    -fan favorite character

13. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    target stealth lockdown one i gotta say people will want a year or two down the road. He's just a cool figure.

14. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In my area, excluding very new stuff (Samurai Prowl, Waspinator), the hardest Deluxes to find are the three from Wave 4, with Elite Guard Bumblebee being the one I've seen least often, for some reason. Wave 5 is all over the place and some figures from Wave 3 are abundant, but Wave 4 never seemed to make it in large numbers.

As for worth the most money? Eventually, it'll probably be the Target-exclusive Shockwave, due to being a G1-themed redeco of a popular mold. Stealth Lockdown and Sunstorm as close seconds, probably.

15. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I have no idea what they're worth, but my personal experience is that Cybertron Optimus, Bumblebee (original and Elite Guard repaint both), Blurr, Swindle, Lockdown (original and Blazing), Snarl, and Sentinel Prime are quite difficult to find nowadays.

I get Bumblebee, Blurr, Swindle, Snarl, and Lockdown. Cybertron Prime and Sentinel, not so much.

Sentinel's a great figure, don't get me wrong, but he doesn't seem to be a "BUY ME!" kinda guy.

Cybertron Prime...why bother when you could have Voyager Prime? (Who's made with concentrated awesome.)

At first, Swoop sold out like crazy, couldn't keep him in stock anywhere. Not so anymore. My local Wal-Mart is sitting on about 12 of them or so.

K-Mart, on the other hand, seems to be selling quite nicely. They have one Ratchet and one Lockdown in stock.

16. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Soundwave, in my area. I think I've only ever seen him three times in stores.