Which Animated 'Con do you want to see given the Movie Treatment?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DecepticonsRule, Dec 25, 2009.

?

Which Animated Con do you most want to see in a TF Movie?

1. Blitzwing

20 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. Lugnut

13 vote(s)
    24.1%
  3. Oil Slick

8 vote(s)
    14.8%
  4. Lockdown

13 vote(s)
    24.1%
  5. Blackarachnia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    And by that, I mean actually in one of the films.

Lockdown's design was pretty cool, and I could see him working easily in TF3. I'm guessing Hasbro is going to be pushing to have one of their Animated characters in TF3, so I'm wondering... which Decepticon do you think should make the cut?

I only included the Cons that had big roles in Animated, and weren't prominent in other Transformers series. Blackarachia is included because she's cool.

2. Attacker_Prime

Attacker_Prime Optimus Prime forever

Blitzwing. He could be one funny character.

3. DEC4DE

DEC4DE Member

Lockdown fits in with the Movie so well to me. His attitude and definitely his appearance can be tuned in a way to give a very menacing look.

On the plus side we need moar kick ass decepticons and a another transformer with a fetish D:

4. Autobot1000

Autobot1000 Daddybot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    voted for lockdown, just coz that'd be awesome

HOWEVER!!!!!

they'll probably mess it up really bad, so with that in mind lugnuts might be better as they can hardly mess that up. (he says hopefully)

5. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Lockdown already got the movie treatment, in toy form at least.

He's more of a tv-show character. Since he's not allied with the other decepticons, he works best in the villain-of-the-week format, where the episode is based around him. Unless he's going to be just a regular decepticon, in which case there's plenty of others to choose from.

Blitzwing gets a no from me for two reasons:

1)I think the triple changing bit would be awkward in the movie style, both on screen and in toy form.
    2)We already have a jet/tank triplechanger in Megatron.

Lugnut would probably work pretty well. He wouldn't require much screentime for characterisation, and there was an excellent fan art rendition of him in the movie style.

6. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I say no to Lugnut. Why? He's awesome, but we already have too many hulking Cons loyal to Megatron. I fail to see how Lugnut would be any different in the movieverse.

Lockdown would work best, I think, but he already has a toy and I doubt he will appear in movie3.

7. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    That's true, but some of them have been killed off. But then they get resurrected haphazardly, only to become more cannon-fodder.

I don't think Lugnut would add much to the mix that isn't already there, but it'd be another toy for Hasbro to hock, and add a little variety to horde of hulking heavies.

8. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Shockwave

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm going to have to say none of the above. I really loved the characters when they were in the Animated cartoon so I worry about how much they might be changed for the movies. Would the movie team really be able to capture all the charm that made these characters work in the cartoon?

10. Dirt Boss

Dirt Boss Constructicon

Out of those choices, Lockdown would make the most sense in the movieverse.

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Lugnut. When we had that movie design contest a few months back, somebody came up with a really bad-ass design for him. I'd love to see Bay and co attempt it in movie 3.

12. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Torn between Blitzwing and Lugnut.

13. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Blitzwing, only so I can have a toy.

14. decepticron09

decepticron09 Well-Known Member

blitzwing:i think blitzwing would be a good character to have in tf3 because his character is unique and could work well and having two alternate modes would be cool, if they could do it better then megatrons two alternate modes. he would also be good to have as a not major decepticon character but not just cannon fodder either, somewheres in the middle.

lockdown: lockdown could work as an assasin brought in to kill prime for a scene or something like that, maybe he could have his own little assasin team like a couple of cars to make movieverse stunticon team but no combiner just the robots for an assasin team brought in for a scene to take out prime or something like that.

lugnut: lugnut could also work as a character like black out or brawls character, just a not very smart huge decepticon feircly loyal to megatron with a awesome robot design, i could picture him as a F/A-18 Hornet, A-10 Thunderbolt II or maybe a new twist to jets and have a foreign jet like a Sukoi Su-30 MKI or a Saab JAS 39 Gripen.

as for oilsick and blackarachnia, i dont think either of them would fit well in the movieverse

15. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

lockdown, all the way.

he should be played exactly the samea s his animated counterpart - a decepticon mercenary would be interesting, with the potential for plot twists, betrayal, and all that good stuff. plus he's badass. he should also steal somebody's face, the movie needs more face taking.

16. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I voted Oil Slick. He's my favorite design and I think he'd be just awesome in the movie.

Additionally, he didn't have THAT much of a prominent role in Animated, so even if he suffered from terrible characterization, then it wouldn't matter :D 

17. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Careful this guy takes faces instead of names. :lol 

Yeah, maybe Cosmic Rust will also be introduced in the movie.

Voted for Lugnut as well. I guess you could say he's one of my favorite deceptions. That and I'd love for him to try and use his P.O.K.E to hit the military. :lolol  And BTW where is this pic, I'D love to see it.

jD001

18. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  19. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Blitzwing would be awesome. A movie toy of him would be epically hard to engineer though! Blitzwing is the one I voted for. :D 
    Blackarachnia is one I could imagine working too. We had a scorpion, why not a spider?
    Although Lockodwn has a design already, I can't imagine them working the already designed character into the movie. The alt-mode is too stylized, even for a movie toy. They'd have to either make an entirely CGI car, or design one IRL with whatever tools they have. Or, they could reformat him into a Mustang, but then he'd look too much like Barricade. Also, Lockdown has so much story potential, he'd need a movie of his own.