Which Alternity Convoy to get?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Knightdramon, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    So I really like the Alternity line. I have at least one of each mould [those Megatron Fairlady moulds are AMAZING].

Only one I don't have at all is the Convoy mould. Luckily, it's still available at lots of places. But there's so many colours I'm not sure which to get for now.

There's Dai Atlas, which is the best car mode for me and a different character. But he's the most expensive and I'm not that keen on spending 80 USD on a deluxe.

There's Black Convoy, my favourite.

There's Red Convoy, who I'd like to get at a point to play "Avatar type vehicle with MP 10.

There's Ultra Magnus who I'd like, for, you know, MP Whichever Magnus.

And there's the Silver version.

Opinions? Red and Magnus are the cheapest all around, Black is so so, Silver is expensive and Atlas is expensive in regards to his exclusivity.

A group shot of all, if available, would be beyond aces.

Any mould degradation? Is Atlas or Magnus looser than the first versions?

2. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

I haven't bought any, but I've been sorely tempted by Magnus. He's the cheapest and I like his color scheme the most (I'm a big fan of white Optimus repaints).

... not much help, I know. Just sorta stating my opinion.

3. millerman3732

millerman3732 I remain unconvinced.

News Credits:
    The silver one is really nice, love the way the head turned out on that thing.

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You can't go wrong with any version, really.

Actually, the red is my least favourite. Nothing about the toy really screams "Convoy" to me, so trying to shoehorn his colourscheme onto the toy doesn't really achieve much. The other schemes stand on their own better.

5. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have the red and silver versions (both MISB though I did have a previous red version I got the chance to open and fiddle with before some QC issues took hold, forcing me to exchange him for the new MISB one). They both look fantastic. If possible, pick up the TFC Gear of War ion rifle for him; it really does complete his Optimus Prime look for the red version.

That said, as much as I like the silver one, I've been thinking about selling him to earn a bit of capital for other figures (again, he's still new and sealed). Once I get all my things back from storage (recently moved here), I may put him up for sale on Junkions (if interested in the silver, feel free to PM me and we can talk from there).

6. DoctorWho

DoctorWho Reformed Autobot

News Credits:
    The robot mode on the silver one (my personal fave) really brings out all the details.

7. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

I liked Black's deco the most, mostly from the way the icy blue accents pop from the rest of the figure. He's also the only one that can believably serve double duty as an Autobot/Cybertron or Decepticon/Destron, which ever one your needs or wants desire.

8. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    Pretty much this. Whatever one tickles you're fancy, they're all pretty great. I have all of them except Dai Atlas, but I'll be getting him soon.

Randy

9. Hal7300

Hal7300 Wrecker