Which Alternators Instructions Should NOT be Followed?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CrystalFalls, Oct 16, 2007.

1. CrystalFalls

CrystalFalls New Member

I'm finally on my way to getting a nice set of Alternators and Binaltech, but I'm worried. Ive heard stories about Hasbro and Takara's bad printed instructions--that is, if we follow the instructions to the letter, we will either scratch paint or even break a part.

Which of the Alternators, Binaltech, and Masterpieces should people NOT follow the printed instructions to the letter? I figure that I'm not the only person who would like to know this valuable info. Thanks for any help you can give!

2. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Theyre all ok except Track (of the molds I have anyway) - his instructions arent clear on how to serperate / unfold the front half properly imo

3. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

The Grimlock instructions are pretty bad.

It mostly makes sense, until you get to Grimlock's upper body. One part just has a picture of you flipping his arm-plastic-thingie 90 degrees downwards. Looks so easy in the instructions, but it does not help. Once that happens, there's one picture showing you putting the arms in place. Again I say: this does not help. There are at least 3 different steps to making those arms work.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    What're instructions? ^_^

5. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's nothing wrong with any of the instructions IMO. Not reading them could lead to more damage than following them.

6. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll never understand the problem people have with wheeljack/grimlock. I got wheeljack loose in a box as art of a lot with no instructions, figured out how to turn it into bot mode in a couple of minutes.

Tracks was kinda of annoying, had to check the instructions for that. And the only other one I checked the instructions for was OP, but that's because that mold is utter crap and I thought I had missed some steps(like a way to make the legs articulate).

7. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's more the reversal of steps. Getting Grimlock back into car mode the first time might take a while, even if you're following the 'reverse order' instructions.

8. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No, even that still only took a couple minutes with no instructions.

9. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    The little piece of paper that prevented some people from breaking their '74 Movie Bumblebee. :)