Which 3rd Party Item to Get?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by typev3, Aug 5, 2012.

1. typev3

typev3 @VinceSanchez

So here's the question: Fansproject Warbot Defender or Perfect Effect motobot RC?

Been trying to gather as much info on both but I'm still undecided. What's everyone else's opinion?

2. Flyby33

Flyby33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Defender, but wrong forum

3. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    I'd also go with Warbot. He just looks so much better, and I hear quality-wise, he's a better figure.

4. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

I have both and I actually like both. Warbot is the closest thing to Springer that you'll find out there. He's clunky and a little top heavy, and he's a bit hard to transform going into his vehicle modes, but love the way he looks. Great design and engineering. Motobot is sleek and like perfect effect, they fit everything into her alt mode nicely. More poseable than warbot and has more weapons. So it depends what you're going for. I have them both next to each other to keep their romance alive ;) . But if you had to pick one I would choose Warbot because he's the only one of his kind. You got lots of not-arcees to choose from. But of all the not-arcees out there, I choose the Motobot (pink in particular) to be my classics one.

5. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  6. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Defender, but he ain't cheap.

7. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I would recommend Warbot Defender. The trend seems to be that 3P groups are filling up the Wrecker ranks. Defender already has beautiful display buddies in FP City Commander, Steelcore and the up coming Assaulter.

As for PE's RC. Too over priced and I doubt she will be the definitive 3P Arcee.

Get Defender, he won't go down in price. I think due to RC's high price you will be safe waiting it out to go on clearance. BBTS still has 110 left and TFSource is still sitting on 78.

8. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Defender.

Though RC is a good figure; don't get me wrong.

9. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like PE Arcee more. I actually don't think Warbot Defender is that good. His balance isn't good, I had to use floor polish on almost all his joints (they became loose as all hell after the first day I had him), and his transformation is really fiddly. Also, it felt like I was going to break the toy on the first transformation, but he shares that issue with PE Arcee.

10. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

defender, but youll have to add some shapeways heels for him as well or he is a bitch to pose. im waiting on my pe arcee to arrive, but you cant go wrong with defender.

we are lucky warbot got a second release or we'd be looking at paying $200 for him by now.

11. Crown

Crown Omnibot

News Credits:
    Defender

12. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Warbot

13. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You can't go wrong with either one, but make sure you get the Shapeways heels for Warbot if you decide to get it. Both have their flaws though, so be sure to check their respective feedback threads.

14. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

Is my Springer the only one in the world that doesn't need these heels to make him stand up? Highly recommended, can't comment on RC as I don't own one(or seen one in the flesh), but Springer is great value, a genuine triple changer.

15. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Nope, had mine on display since the day he came out and he hasn't fallen once.

The heels are needed if you want to get him in more dynamic poses.

16. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I'm going against the grain her and HIGHLY recommending Motobot. Defender's nice as well, and while I don't own him I've had many chances through friends to play with him and transform him back and forth/pose/etc. While a bit fiddly he's a great figure. But I have PE-DX01 Blue, and while it was a $91 figure total at her size (RK) I am having an insane amount of fun with this toy. Posing, pictures, accessories, display--it's just a great piece of work. I think she's going to be one of my long-time favorites. I think it's going to depend on which 'character' you want. In my case, I didn't want her for Arcee--which is why I went with the blue one. Truthfully, either one is a good buy. I just have my favored. :) 

17. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd say motobot. I've been messing with Defender lately and honestly, the thing is a bitch to transformer. It's a great figure if you just want to display it, but if you like transforming your robots you're better off with motobot. Plus you have a choice of colors.

18. Darcemeus

Darcemeus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Motobot is amazingly fun, stable, posable and has all sorts of neat little weapons and gimmicks, hell you can even use her with an action base if you want and have her posed in a *death from above* stance. XD
    Just be careful when transforming her and make sure you pay extra attention to the instructions as some of the steps are kind of confusing and you risk developing ugly stress marks if you don't pay attention. (Also don't try transforming her by pushing on the ankle guards as my friend did that and wound up breaking one off.)

19. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have and love both. But I say Defender. At the moment he is the more expensive of the two and will be harder to find over time and rise in price.

20. bluesparrow

bluesparrow Puppet Prime Says Die

I never got around to getting Defender. He's cool, but lacking a little personality imo. His design looks a bit rough compared to newer FP figures(so does City Commander, frankly).

Preordered the pink RC and she's a great bot. She gets my vote.