Which 3rd party devestator should i get?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by DocSeth81, Sep 24, 2016.

1. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Buy CW devastator to save money. Buy an add on kit if you feel fancy. The CW version is probably 125 and a kit is on avg 50.

Buy TW Constructicons or G2 Constructicons if you don't care to save money and want some niiiccce figures. I've got these for sale for about 510 for the set.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    For the money you'd be paying for a third part Devastator, I'd really suggest just getting the Unite Warriors Devastator. It'll be cheaper, bigger, and the aesthetic matches Combiner Wars.

If you're hell-bent on a third party one, while I went with Giant back when it came out, he is not at all fun or easy to combine. Scrapper can be a hassle to transform, and while all the combiner joints are nice and solid, and not prone to getting loose over time like Hercules, the locking mechanisms are a headache to get connected and disconnected. If you like complicated, involved transformations and want a smaller Devastator that's about the same height as Combiner Wars Bruticus, get him.

If you want something a bit larger, much easier to transform and combine, get Hercules.

While I originally got Giant, the moment I got CW Devastator, he was replaced in my classics display. I loved the CW one so much that I later upgraded to the Unite Warriors release. He really is the best Devastator in my eyes, there is zero competition. Easy and fun to transform, great possibility, great design, and yeah, he's huge.

3. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Hercules + Rage of Hercules + shapeways parts = my large chug devy.

I don't like how the CW/UW one looks at all and it doesn't scale well with anything. Too big for classics, too big for large chug and too small for MP.

My IDW/CHUG/Comic collection are all large chug/voyager scale and up. No deluxes exist save for Windblade (because I don't have a choice ... and love her).

Plenty of people trying to sell their Hercules. Get on that! And cheap also.

4. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    I'm getting Hercules around the holiday season, I've been wanting a Devy and both the official ones just don't do it for me, the CW one cuts too many corners and the UW one still suffers from the odd Constructicon proportions.

5. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I have Unite Warriors Constructicons and, just last month, got bought Giant as a present from my wife. I love both sets for different reasons. Certainly if you're after something to scale with the normal Combiner Wars line, then Giant is an excellent choice. The individual bots are a slightly mixed bag, but the combined form is wonderful.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dmarsee

dmarsee Minibot Action

If I hadn't decided to get Gravity Builder, I would have gotten the second run Giant (called "Type 61"). Such a good match for Combiner Wars, in height and in styling.