Which 2TB external Hard Disc Drive should I buy : ?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Mighty.Maximal, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

I'd welcome some feedback perhaps you own one of these brands - or perhaps you know which one is faster or better or more reliable or uses less power or has useful features etc...?

Should I buy the Hitachi or the Elements one ?

£79.99 + 3.99 postage

HITACHI 2TB DESKTOP HARD DRIVE NEW on eBay (end time 17-Jan-11 12:38:07 GMT)

£89.97 + Free pick up from store.

WD 2TB Elements Hard Drive - Tesco.Direct

If it makes any difference I plan to use it to store just back up of TV episodes and general video storage. if that has a bearing.

Since it's been many years since I've bought a HDD I welcome opinions these seemed like a good price in terms of storage but if someone knows an even better one please say so.

I actually was looking for a duel Esata / USB type but they seem a bit thin on the ground...

I was also wondering about complete storage solutions like the ones that have one drive that has wireless connection and then slots to plug additional ones into the unit to make a little home data hub. but all such systems seem to be 3 times the price of seperate drives and I can't really find anything that does not quickly get into the hundreds of pounds area.

And one last question would I be able to play video well from the HDD through the USB or would it slow up & bottle neck requiring me to put it back on the computer to play it properly ?

Feedback appreciated.

2. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

Bump.