Wheres the love for cliff jumper ( maybe a spoiler ?)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by vektsilver, Sep 3, 2008.

1. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Heh just thought i would throw this out there but we seem to have forgotten cliffjumper might be in the movie. Actually it might be more than likely he is as one of the twins.

In the comic Bumblee and Cliffjumper both look identical but it was assumed in the previous issue he died by starscreams hand. Assumed mind you as you never see it. Then on the cover of issue 5 you see Cliffjumper and Arcee with all the earth bound autobots chasing SS.

It dawned on me then the red chevy beat might be clifjumper then the IDEA of him being bumble bees twin came to mind. honestly here is where you wonder when the disinformation and the truth begins and then ends again. In all the filming we have seen with the car drive buys there also has been no Arcee. There are a great deal of questions that can be gathered from little things in the prequal comics.

Have any of you folks come across other comic to movie possible spoilers. One last one from the comic SS says he needs to find a new more loyal set of followers and that some are on earth but barricade was not a SS loyalist and neither was wreckage. Could he mean to use the spark from dreadwing to remake the fallen decepticons like war dawn kind of ?

EDIT: one last thing does the silver corvette remind anyone else of Blur?

2. dorfsquest

dorfsquest Bing B-Bing Bing!

News Credits:
    If they made Cliffjumper anything other than a red clone of Bumblebee, I'd be a bit disappointed. I haven't read the Reign of Starscream series, so I can't really say why he would appear on the cover of issue five after being destroyed.

As for the silver corvette, I could see that being Blurr. But at the same time, my gut is telling me Wheeljack.

3. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Tons of people appear on the cover of Reign of Starscream, hell Swindle barely did SHIT in the whole series aside from use a couple of his drones, Barricade had a couple panels and is still on Earth, Dropkick, well where the hell is HE?

Its cover art, it doesn't count for anything. Cliffjumper is not KIA...yet, though he did take a good licking on Mars. Smokescreen, Camshaft and Air Raid DID bite it though, unfortunately.
    DN

4. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    he wasn't always a clone though

5. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

i hope wheeljack is in the movie.
    he was one of my favorite characters(and toys)when i was a kid.

i also really like cliffjumper,he was cool to me for some reason though i dont remember much about him.

6. Kortex

Kortex Well-Known Member

Saab Aero X= Wheeljack, Corvette Centennial= Hotrod-Rodimus, Custom bike= Arcee... Ice Cream truck= geriatric robot and those 2 chevys= new characters!!!! As of the AudR8 decepticons... Hum... Only god knows....

7. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I found cool that Wreakage was working with the humans:D 

8. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Sadly, we have no proof the comics will be canon to movie short of the comic writer's word.

I've heard that before many times for 'movie' connected stories for various properties, nearly all never actually tie into their chosen movie series. Doubt this one will be the exception. I say nearly all because I may overlook one or two, but as far as I know, not a single comic adaption and continuation of any property has stayed true to what it claimed. Except for Whedon properties. Which can still be questioned, but it's Whedon.

And please God, no Hot Rod in this movie. The one script I read that used him was horrid. Please keep him on the back burner till at least a movie 3 or 4. Other characters take precedence. Hell even Ultra Magnus should be used before Rodimus. Let alone Wheeljack, Kup, Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, and more from the S1-2 bots. Hell I'd even accept Hot Shot before I would Rodimus. Unless Roddy dies an embarassing death. I would actually stand up in theaters and cheer if they did that.

9. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout TF Fan Artist

News Credits:
    Man, people really hate Hot Rod. :wink: 

I don't see anything that would suggest the Chevy Trax is Cliffjumper and more than it could be Sideswipe. Whatever name they decide to go with it'll probably be because Hasbro wanted that name and could secure the rights.

As for ROS, although most of the story is not supposed to have any affect on the sequel it's likely that there are plenty of details that will be contradicted. If the recent video of the three Arcee bikes is any indication we've already seen our first continuity error with Arcee in ROS using her original, pre-TF1 design.

10. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Im just saying that they made a cliff jumper toy and he is the roboto mode twin of BB and then he is in the Comic and there is a red autobot car whose alt mode looks like a new movie version of CJ's G1 altmode. Just thought it was striking familiar as sideswipe or any other twin candidate really are ballpark guesses as well.

it would be interesting to see two identical robots with differant alt modes. :)