Where's the BWR-01 Disc Unlock Code?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Sidecutter, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    OK, so the BWR-01 Golden Disc has an unlock-code screen showing sihlohettes of the US version BW 10th Anniversary Primal and Megatron. This code was supposed to be in Figure King in February, apparantly, on the Beast Wars page. So where is it? No one seems to ahve reported it at *all*, not even FantoFan, who don't even mention the magazine on their site.

Here's what the Japanese says, according to a translation:
    Access the information of Beast Wars Reborn!
    Secret Images of under developing new item from Beast Wars Reborn!
    New Mold new Beast soldier from Beast Wars 10th anniversary,get password from No.97 2006 Feb Figure King Beast Wars page.

So? Anyone? What happened to the passcode? Why didn't any site report it?

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    fantofan gave the passcode out to people who bought it from them. no one else.

3. Cyclone_X

Cyclone_X Cybertronian Warlord

and no-one here bought it from FTF? ;) 

4. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    Yeah, no kdding. FTF is NOT the only game in town that has access to these magazines. I am completely amazed that none of the Japanese members (I KNOW we have some here...) bothered to report it either.

Besides, I dunno why Fantofan wants to be stingy with *this*. I mean, it's not like they don't pretty much COMPLETELY give out every meaningful picture and news tidbit from all those mags, anyway. Why would they be shy about *this* tidbit?

5. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    PM me. Though I hear the content is not very exciting (I haven't seen it myself)

6. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You can post the code here. I don't think anyone will really care.

7. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    Seeing as we're talking about a nearly month-old, off the rack (most likely) magazine from an entire other country...yes, I doubt anyone will mind.

8. SydneyY

News Credits:
    I wanted to verify it because I only picked up the code from a message board. I myself don't have the set or the magazine. That's why I asked for a PM. And I get this instead? You can just forward your post to FTF then.

True. You could have found a copy of the mag at a bookstore which sells Japanese magazines.

9. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    Wait, what? Why does this upset you? I really don't think anyone here is going to attack you if the code you have isn't actually the right one. I can't be the only one who's been waiting to see what the code actually reveals with their own eyes. If anything, I wouldimagine you'd at least be thanked for trying and for making your best knowledge on the matter public.

I still stand by my point that FTF witholding this code when they give us practically everything else of any import from all these magazines monthly on their site for *free* makes no sense. They're welcome to present a viewpoint otherwise and say why they feel that way, seeing as I'm sure I've seen at least one of them post on these boards. No one is being attacked for their choices here, though - the intent is to make information available to the fandom, which is what this site *does*, as does F2F.

Right, because I can just stroll into Borders or Waldenbooks and pick up current Japanese magazines in a *language I can't read anyways*, which may well be important to determining exactly where to find said code on the page in question, for all I know. There's such an abundance of those import bookstores in a city with no Chinatown, Japantown or other similar ethnic enclaves to host those shops. Not everyone has the easy access that can be gotten by living in, say, San Francisco or New York.

I'm lucky I know where to buy Pocky without paying comic shop markup, but my options are limited to food and bootleg video tapes.

10. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Hmmm...yeah I shouldn't have been so upset. I don't know why, I just felt you were being a bit aggressive.
    Reading your post I feel dumb. My apologies.

As for the bookshop...even we have a bookshop here who does a mail/phone order so you might want to give it a try one day, though it's possibly cheaper buying from FTF.

All right then, what the heck the code is
    (You'd never guess this one)
    beastwars 10th anniversary
    I am not sure if there should be spaces. And please post here if it worked or not.

edit; I guess what I want to say about FTF is, he doesn't have to give out everything, if he chooses to save something for his paying customers (I mean the people who actually buy the mag from the site), we shouldn't be attacking him for that.
    We are relying on his grace, right? For many of the fans who don't have access to Japanese magazines or unable to read the contents (like you said so yourself), FTF is the only source.

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    According to my source, the spaces in "beastwars 10th anniversary" are needed.

12. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Oh cool, thank you for the confirmation :) 

13. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Yo thanks for the code Syd, I just checked it out. Nothing special, just some grey pics of Hasbro's anniversary figures, I believe a screencap of it was posted somewhere.

14. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Thank you, too, MoP :D  That makes sense, as Takara is running a competition for BWR buyers. The prize is a set of wave 1 10th Anniversary figures.

15. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

That's cool. Although I should have said grey pics of Hasbro's anniversary Optimus and Megatron toys. :redface2: 

16. SydneyY

News Credits:
    :redface2: 
    I wonder if they'll be released in Japan anyway?

17. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

You can read japanese right Syd? If I took a screencap you think you could translate it?

18. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Sure I can. Shoot :D 
    (I am not sure if I can put it into proper English, though.)

19. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    Well, like I said, I'm not attacking anyone for their choices here. It just seems abnormal practice for them, is all.

20. Galvatron Prime

Galvatron Prime The Real Galvatron Prime TFW2005 Supporter

Thanks for the code guys. I will have to check it out tonight (although it doesn't look like it's all that, but I just have to see it for myself :p )