Wheres the big 25th Anniversary surprises Hasbro?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by juise, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great '08, Awesome '09 and I'm betting '10 will be just as good or better, and '11 will be great as well.
    Greedy peoples need to learn to deal.
    MP skywarp is awesome.
    ROTF Prime is one of the best molds ever.
    Between reissues and new molds we had a great year.
    Can't wait for the next run.

2. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

Agreed on all points! :thumbs2: 

3. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    You got Transformers toys released this year.

Bam. There's your surprise.

4. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    I'm just waiting until 2014, for the 30th Anniversary. Hopefully we get something better.

I doubt it.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think Hasbro's big 25th surprise was just how hard they would screw us over compared to the ways they pull the stops out for Star Wars or GI Joe.

GI Joe and Star Wars pull out the big names for an Anniversary and we end up scratching our heads wondering if this really is the 25th then where are all the Transformers characters that should go on a list of must 25th figures. With no figures like a deluxe sized Universe Jazz you just get the feeling they were only slapping a 25th sticker on figures that were planed for release anyway.

Instead of the big releases for the other toys lines that Hasbro does the Transformers 25th seemed more like a half hearted afterthought because the Revenge of the Fallen toys were considered more important than celebrating what a successful line the Transformers have been for Hasbro over all those years.

6. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    Agreed. That was an excellent salute to G1 without re-issuing the entire 84-85 line.

7. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While rodimusdawgs post of awesomeness in plastic is very true, there were things that definitely could have been done to make it a really big 25th anniversary. They could have imported and sold some of the encore figures that haven't been released here since they hay day such as the cone head seekers(actually, dirge did get released didn't he), the cassette bots could of been released. They could of reissued the predaking set or sixshot. The MP-04 "perfect convoy" would have been a spectacular release for the 25th anni. Let's see, what else was there. The alternity line would have gone over well. Crap, takomy's done a better job with the "25th anni" than hasbro has, and they weren't even really trying that hard. By hasbro is releasing MP grimlock, but a lot of people already have it and, like me, may not want to shell out for another version of it. They really did treat their "best selling toy line of the quarter, for the last few quarters" like a substandard line for its 25th. Don't get me wrong, I love all the fabulous figures we did get, but we were promised great things, and all we got were standard paint issues, and sub par quality control. To quote Achmed the dead terrorist "I got screwed".. I'm not saying they did this on purpose, but they really didn't do us, as fans, any big favors. I grew up with the line, and will continue to embrace it, but I know not to expect anything exponentially superb from hasbro. Its kind of sad.

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    very true and sadly the combination of the economy and ROTF likely took the edge off the 25th anniversary stuff as it dominated the largest chunk of the year and with the economic time Hasbro likely felt they had to go heavily with their best best for massive sales and that was and is ROTF, Im not saying this is any excuse for lack of something to put the 25th anniversary over the top but it likely is the cause for why

9. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't consider the movie toys to have anything to do with the 25th Anniversary; they simply came out during the same year of the 25th Anniversary. The movie could've come out last year or next year...what would've been Hasbro's plan then (presumably release more Classics/Animated/random stuff, one would think)? I think Revenge of the Fallen took up much of the time/budget/resources for Hasbro and it just happened to be this year of all years, which pushed off any opportunities Hasbro may have had to do something 'special' until another time. Though I'm glad Hasbro started communicating better starting with Botcon (I remember the frequent worrying over what the hell was going on with Animated before Botcon), but one thing I am still curious about is if this really is what Hasbro considers a 25th Anniversary (especially compared to GI Joe, which I was impressed by whenever I walked by the Joe's toy aisle) or if the second film took over planning and maybe they'll try and pull off a few surprises later on.

The sad thing, to me, is I remember a thread earlier this year with people (including myself) wondering what was going on with the 25th Anniversary considering not many 'surprises' had been announced. Well, not much more has been announced and we're in November. I like the toys that've come out, but selfishly I would've loved to see a few extra 'what the hell, holy crap they're releasing ___!' type news.

Oh, and for the last time, 25th Anniversary Prime is not pink. He may not be the right shade of red as other reissues, but Hasbro did not unintentionally release Breast Cancer Awareness Prime. If it were pink my mom or sister would've wanted one because they like picking up the pink breast cancer-type stuff they gobble up (clothes, jewelry, purses, bags, etc.).

10. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    maybe this holiday season there'll be more surprises... i hope... i'm experiencing a toy drough right now, it has been several months since there have been new legends figures in our country...

11. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

well, Tak/Tom gave us Henkei Thrust and Dirge so we could fill the void in the Seekers (I already got the US Thundercracker off ebay and decided to go with the far cheaper Coneheads than their Botcon counterparts)

12. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I kinda felt it as it was happening. I saw the "25th" silver emblems on some of the packages coming out and thought it was cool, but I had this faint, underwhelming feeling that it'd be completely overshadowed by the ROTF releases.

Overall though, it was a good, good year for TF's. I'm not complaining at all (except for Supreme Devy, I'm still bitter).

13. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:

I know what you mean. We've had two lines of Classics figures and we're still missing many, many important characters. Where's Jazz, Wheeljack, Trailbreaker, etc. And then Hasbro screwed us over by making the rest of the seekers and coneheads Botcon exclusives (yeah that's right, I'm still complaining about that). I mean look at all the small obscure characters released in the GI Joe and Star Wars line, and yet we still haven't even gotten Jazz yet

14. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    well while they are cheaper, those seekers are still way out of my price range

i feel we got robbed when it came to the 25th anniversary (you all are saying the 2009 classics molds were a huge part of it, i say no, they planned those out a long time ago, hasbro just slapped a 25th anniversary sign on the box and said "here,hopefully the fans won't bitch since we are screwing them out of their 25th anniversary celebration"). It is ROTF's fault, and i understand them wanting to focus on rotf.....it would have been nice if we got a proper 25th anniversary celebration though....

15. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    hasbro was a bitch about that :lolol  they gave botcon the permission to make the seekers and then when the fandom just sighed since that was suppose to be the end of classics and were happy the seekers were coming out in one shape or form, botcon announced classics would continue AT THAT BOTCON.....that is when hell REALLY broke out

16. zell583

zell583 Powerpuff Z da wan!

News Credits:
    yes that is a very nice list of things that did come out this past year, but the problem for a lot of people is that half of those figures never showed up in a lot of areas INCLUDING MINE!!! and i think thats part of of the problem, like for instance my area only saw universe voyagers only to wave 2 and the deluxes only to wave 4 and that was it for my area. for me the problem is with how the disturbution of the figures are handled.

17. herugrim

herugrim N/A

Ebay:
    I was pretty happy to get G1 Reissues of Prime and Insecticons without breaking my wallet.

Problem with Transformers is I don't think many fans will ever be completely 'happy'. MP Megs would be nice. A true update for Ultra Magnus/Cityformers/*something*masters/Jazz, etc... The list goes on forever. Retailers would never stock most of the stuff anyways. We got a lot of great homages in the Unicron Trilogy and then classics comes along and tries to fill in the blanks, and it still isn't enough.

I've given up on wishing for things Hasbro will probably not give us for another decade or so. I'd settle for some new figures in a new line that are good.

18. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I thought it was a wonderful year. We got alot of very cool stuff. I am very appreciative of the efforts that went into the toylines this year. And I am blessed to be able to afford all the cool toys that I got this year. I got Inferno and Wreckgar. ROTF Prime and Long Haul are spectacular. Got the Insecticons, and am hopefully end the year with HA BB, Sideswipe, and Skidz for Christmas. Good Year!

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Yea I think the 25th would have been a excellent excuse to release a new seeker mold to take it from the standards of the first Classics release up to the standard of the newest Universe stuff. The seeker mold was nice when it first came out but compared to say Cyclonus or Hound the seeker mold is showing it's age already.

Plus there would have been the bonus of a new seeker mold would have meant that the Botcon exclusives would still remain exclusives because it was the old Classics mold instead of a new Universe mold. Hasbro gets to resell characters all over again, fans get a shot at characters without breaking the bank, and the exclusive remains exclusive, seems like a new 25th seeker mold could have been a win for everyone but Hasbro passed up a golden opportunity.

20. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

masterpiece seekers?