Where's Incinerator?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jorod74, Apr 8, 2010.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i was thinking that Incinerator has been missing from the RotF line.
    sure, Grindor was in the movie, so Blackout gets a repaint and a spot on the shelf, but I woulda thunk Incinerator coulda got a repaint, too.

just wondering since we have been getting straight-up repackaging of other molds in the voyager-ultra range.

2. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There was speculation several days back of Lugnut being released in a movie style design. The hypothesis is he'd be a repaint of Stratosphere, but they could also reuse the Incinerator mold for him.

It's all just fan speculation though.

3. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Grindor's presence in the movie provided a specific reason to do a Blackout repaint. While an Incinerator repaint isn't out of the question, it's less likely because the mold has no in-movie anchor.

If they did do a movie Lugnut, I'd hope for an entirely new mold that looks Bayformer-ish but is still clearly the animated character. *looking over at Lockdown* Stratosphere's too...gangly.

4. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

They also brought the Blackout mold back as Whirl for RotF; it was as a two-pack exclusive admittedly, but they still used that mold instead of Incinerator.

I'd love to see Incinerator again, especially if it can get a paintjob as nice as the black Takara version.

5. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Figure they may as well repaint the Voyager version as Springer as they did the Legends class one.

6. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And perhaps remold the Voyager version similar to the Legends class Springer to give him hands. I stayed away from Incinerator purely because he had no hands, but i'd be all over him if he had those same kinda hands.

7. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

well, here in Chile there are still some Incinerators in the shelves (talk about shelfwarmers...) but i don't think so... the mold was really bad to be a voyager... :s that's my opinion... now... if hasbro wants to repaint it... they will...

8. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    now a RotF Lugnut vis a vis Incinerator sounds nifty.
    retool the mold to allow for hands and a good repaint, i'd buy that- even preorder that.

9. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I never really cared for the Incinerator mold much for the same reason I didn't like the Blackout mold; the big chunk of back kibble housing the parts for the gimmick just bugs me. Feels too Armada'ish.
    Also, out of all the figures in that line, he was the one to get hit the worst with the "Allspark blue".

I really hope that doesn't end up being the new upcoming Lugnut figure. I'd rather see it be the Stratosphere repaint then that.

10. Insecticon

Insecticon I am a Transformers

Ebay:
    I don't really care for the Incenerator mold either. Something about him just doesn't seem complete to me. He doesn't feel as solid as the other figures in the line.
    I think Stratosphere would be a suitable Lugnut with his shuttle weapon instead of the mini Prime. The alt. mode fits pretty well.