Wheres Grimlock?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by DJPrime39, Apr 22, 2012.

1. DJPrime39

DJPrime39 mUnKY

Ever since LSOTW he is never mentioned and just disappeared, i mean did the writers forget him? and what happened to the dinobots

2. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

There's a lot of "Grimlock is overused" sentiment among the writers, editorial staff, even Hasbro.

Matt Tiger had to BEG to get him in FOC.

IDW has put the charcter on ice for a while. I think they have plans for him though.

3. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OH MY GOD HE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!

-ZacWilliam, don't move... his vision is based on movement...

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Undoubtably. However I'm glad they're moving him to the side. Plus it opens up a great potential story explaining what he did all this time.

5. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Herald of Thundercracker

Grimlock, overused? Really? He's barely been used since Dreamwave died! He was in a few episodes of Animated, and maybe a dozen issues of IDW's entire Transformers run at most. How is that overused? What, was he threatening to take away time from Hasbro's precious Bumblebee?

6. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Dreamwave is the cause for Grimlock fatigue that still lingers to this day. Those comics were frigging *thick* with Grimlock. He was somehow at the center of every-goddamn-thing that was going on in those stories, while simultaneously being stand-offish with everybody and smoldering with generic rage. He was Wolverine and people'd had enough.

He's probably due for a comeback by now and I'd be okay with that. But I'm not in any hurry to see it, either.

Grimlock will probably feature heavily in Regeneration One and that should sate some folks.

7. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    He had two Spotlights in which he starred, plus an entire miniseries devoted just to him and the Dinobots.

He's so overused. Furman somehow managed to both save and ruin the character. He's the go-to "badass fan-favourite." We're better off without him.

8. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    And the fact that every piece of information released concerning FOC tends to have "WHOA LOOK OUT YOU GUYS GRIMLOCK IS IN THE GAME SPACE T-REX SO COOL BONER BONER BONER" in it.

But in all seriousness I love Grimlock and would totally be cool with him showing up again.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  9. CelticMutt

So seven issues out of a run that spans, what, 100+ issues maybe is overused now? Bull. So how come Bumblebee or Optimus or or so many others don't get the same sanction?

10. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Because Bumblebee and Optimus are used appropriately and their character's are logically included in stories. Optimus is the fucking leader of the Autobot's for God's sake. Overused does not mean "amount of time compared to another character."

Also, Dreamwave.

11. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some are speculating that the June issue of RID where Prime leads a fan favorite squad is the Dinobots.

12. CelticMutt

And how was Grimlock used inappropriately or illogically by IDW? Because everything that actually focused on him seemed pretty logical to me.

13. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm getting impatient for Grimlock. Teasing him in LSotW made me really want to see him return. After all that Maximum Dinobots, he gets driven insane off-panel and now no one can find him? This story vein must be tapped.

Grimlock haters can go cry themselves to death as far as I'm concerned. He's the only Dinobot with more to him than a chip on his shoulder and a cheesy alt-mode, and he's always been at his best in the comics. Frankly I wouldn't mind seeing him as a petty warlord on the new Cybertron, gathering jerks from all factions and fantasizing about knocking over BB's regime.

14. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    I think the continuation of the Marvel series will see more Grimlock from Furman.
    Op, Megs, Grimlock, Fort Max etc.... they'll all shine in the new series.

15. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, it'd be REALLY hard to do Regeneration without a good bit of Grimlock. He was basically the star of the last act of the G1 comic. He's almost certainyl gonna feature large there.

I love Grimlock, especially as Furman developed him, but I didn't mind a break to let others shine. It's been plenty lond enough now though that I'm fairly eager to have the big guy back. Hopefully with his whole crew.

-ZacWilliam, love to see the other four get more spotlight time too. To learn about the history and deeper characterization of hot-head, big-slow guy, depressive loner, and good-natured ugly dude.

16. SuperboyPrime

SuperboyPrime Well-Known Member

I said it before in another thread, I really hope that Grimlock will find his way to Cybertron. Just imagine his rage when he sees Autobots and Decepticon, working together, after the horrors he witnessed on Garrus-9 ... oh, it will be glorious.

17. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Exactly, because they didn't use him more than they should've.

18. roguesaint

roguesaint Reconnaissance Expert

News Credits:
    Totally agree. Grimlock is not overused. He was used selectively in IDW's run thus far.

19. roguesaint

roguesaint Reconnaissance Expert

News Credits:
    Considering Grimlock's is Furman's favorite character, I think this is a pretty good bet.

20. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: 

but, but, but,,,, what about his sense of smell?

:redface2: