where's all the mp05 on ebay?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SideSwipe82, Apr 26, 2007.

1. SideSwipe82

SideSwipe82 Well-Known Member

just an hour or 2 ago there were hundreds of mp05 on ebay, and when i finally decided to put some $$$ on one, they are all gone. what has happened within these few hours?

Now the question is, where can i find an unaltered mp05?

thanks

2. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

3. Corbet

Corbet Wanderer

Wow this is the first time I actually believed the claim on eBay. Hasbro must have something to do with this...

4. EagleEyeJoe

EagleEyeJoe Well-Known Member

Or, eBay decided to obide by their own policies and US law.

Would you want to be held legally liable if this toy was involved in an accident involving a child? Even if eBay would not be found guilty of wrongdoing in a court of law, the court of public opinion would fry them.

5. Corbet

Corbet Wanderer

eBay/Paypal accounts require a credit card of some type. Children don't have credit cards.

and if eBay got sued no one would care. Paypal is one of the worst companies ever, they've been known to refund scammers who have a person ship the item then quickly refund the money and withdraw it form Paypal. People still use it.

6. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Regardless...it's against their rules, technically, and the VAT incident has most likely forced e-bay's hand. I invite you to take your argument to Paypal and e-bay and see where it takes you. Seriously. Report back when you find out something. :)  Good luck!

7. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    Neither require a credit card. I use both, and do not have a credit card.

8. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

My comic book shop got in at least 6 unaltered MPE Megatrons today and I just brought one home. He is awesome!

I had debated whether I buy this, as I'm not a fan of size changes, but he is the G1 Megatron I grew up with.

3 other customers in the store were admiring him, and when I came home, a neighbor on the elevator saw his box in my bag and had to see him as well - and then made plans to go to the comic shop first thing in the morning. I've hardly recalled ever being so positively reinforced about a purchase.

I got him unaltered for $123 with tax included. (List price was $115). I paid $97.12 shipped for Starscream MPE from Japan. So this was decent I think.

If Hasbro puts him in the stores, he might only be $70 or so, but he'll be orange tipped. Originally I didn't care about that - but I'm glad to have him as authentic looking as possible.

It was a darn good purchase!

9. Corbet

Corbet Wanderer

You have a debit card or checking account then. Last time I remember 10 year olds who don't have money don't have debit/checking.

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Good price Tycho!

11. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

It's bullshit that ebay is trying to stop people from buying a un****ed with toy. Next they'll be saying we aren't allowed to sell video games due to them being violent.

Hell, its bullshit that sites are taking the toy out of the box, putting some god damn plug into it, repacking it, and then selling it to you as if it were a new ****ing product. "DUDE, you just decreased its value by opening my toy!!! I AIN'T PAYING FOR THAT SHIT!!!"

12. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    I'm sorry Dr. Kain, I have to disagree with you there. I ordered my MP05 from BBTS, and have had no qualms regarding my purchase... If adding a plug is the only LEGAL way for a company to sell the figure within the United States, then so be it... The toy-gun law has been around since the late 80's, and I see it as nothing but a GOOD thing... Hey, Darwinism is a wonderful thing, but I see why the law was put into effect...

It's not like the plug can't be removed anyways... ;) 

13. Toonces

Toonces Domo

Ebay:
    I completely agree with you, but you have to look at it from their perspective. eBay doesn't want to get sued, or charged with violating the law.

eBay is a big target, it makes sense for them to do this for legal reasons.

14. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

as someone mentioned elseware, it is ebay jumping on the bansdwagon because of that shooting in a usa college. It is a shame that was the reason to abide by their own rules but whatever...... for my fellow Britans, play.com are selling mp megs untouched will be in stock soon..... as we have gun laws in the UK we don't have to hide behind the real problem of shootings with lame toy gun laws.

(and as pradicted, the shooting was blamed on a movie along the line, and sweeping the real problem under the carpet as usual...)