Where will the next Transformers cartoon go from here?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Galvatron1998, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Gayformers

Gayformers writes bad fanfiction

News Credits:
    I was gonna say "something more adult" but then Combiner Wars came to mind and I shivered. Nope.

I quite like the Aligned continuity, but I think it's time to end it. lol It's just a big mess now. Not much continuity.
    Maybe if we got a new continuity with a cartoon with a mix of TFP and IDW, that would be great. A nice story and well written characters, all of which have some kind of depth. Though, of course, this depends on which age Hasbro wants to aim it to. Something around the target age for Prime would be nice because we could still have lots of potential for a well written show.

• Like Like x 1
  2. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Hopefully somewhere new. No more Aligned Continuity, no more Jeff Kline. Other then that, I don't care, as long as it's not connected to any other part of the franchise. I don't want a movie spinoff. I really don't want an IDW adaptation. Let's get a new vision, with new characters, and a new story, that's free to go in the direction it wants to go in, not side-stepping the events of the movies, or copying G1. Sure, it'll have to be tied to the toy line, but if the creative team is actually creative, they could make it work.

• Like Like x 2
  3. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    Yup. The Transformers has a wide range of characters and its a pity they put on the forefront always the same ones. I think that MTMTE is a good example that you do not need a well-known characters to lead your story. The same thing can be said about Rescue Bots as well. In the end it's a matter of how you apply them.

I'd really wish for a series that would show the variety of Transformers characters and all the different conflicts between them. Megatron and Starscream don't need to be the villain all the time. There are plenty of Decepticons to pick from. I think that Onslaught and the Combaticons would make a pretty good villain team considering they combine into Bruticus.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Indie Musician, Scumbag Jesus

That's what Transformers Prime really should have been.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jochimus

Jochimus Sandwiches? Blimey, whatever did I give the wife?

Eh, I don't seriously expect the next cartoon to be anything but another season of Optimus & Bumblebee's Cybertronian Relic Hunt Adventure Time, since the cartoons apparently have the least creative freedom of any medium of TF fiction.

That said, completely unrealistic though it is, a template-inverter would be nice - basically a 2-or-3-season long Transformers version of "Mirror, Mirror": a firefight atop a prototype Space Bridge on Cybertron at the dawn of the war causes an anomaly that hurls a newly-promoted/reformatted Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron and Starscream across space, time AND reality to an Earth ravaged by the war between the Evil Autobots and Heroic Decepticons...where a similar anomaly sent their counterparts from this time back to THEIR point of origin. Mistaken for their good/evil counterparts, Megatron and Starscream quickly set about manipulating the Heroic Decepticons while Optimus and Bumblebee try to stave off suspicions and plotting from their Evil Autobot "comrades" while trying to avoid being executed on sight by the humans whose help they need to get back to their own time and place. I figure the first season would end with Optimus and Bumblebee finally acquiring the help and components they need to fix the Space Bridge and get them back...and THEN it all gets shot to hell as a consequence of something that Evil Optimus and Evil Bumblebee did back on Cybertron.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  6. LynKey

LynKey Well-Known Member

I would say it’s actually not that far from RID. It’s a bit more consistent in the writing but pretty bad with ongoing plots. The first season’s didn´t had much of an ongoing storyline and focused more on standalone episodes and later seasons have overarching plots they mostly ignore for more standalone episodes. I think the main reason it got that popular is that people didn´t expect it to be that good.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ScientistMan

ScientistMan Well-Known Member

Took the words right out of my mouth. Had nothing to do with skill. My Little Pony is the luckiest IP in the biz.

• Like Like x 1
  8. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    I had something a little different on my mind when writing it. It was more in line with trying new things, setting up a whole world with different species and its own mythologies. The show had a lot of creative concepts and reimagined a lot of things. You were not only following the adventures of some characters, you were also discovering a new world. I think that's one of the reasons that a lot of people stay with the show.

The closest thing to that in Transformers was Animated. It not only introduced a team of characters, it also showed us both the futuristic Detroit and Cybertron. As the time went on more characters and places were introduced like Archa-7, the moon base, space barnacles, team Chaar or rock lords. It's been a while since we had a show that was so populated and reach with its own culture. I'd really like for the next series to try to recapture and expand on this.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ScientistMan

ScientistMan Well-Known Member

To be fair, most of Animated's world building came from the Allspark Almanacs, nice as those were.

I dunno, Feels like Transformers cartoons have done so much over the last 9 years its hard to think of what direction they should take. They've been light-hearted, they've been serious. They've been cgi, they've been animesque.

I think Aligned might be done, though. It'll end about three years earlier than Hasbro wanted, but its probably gone as far as it can go. Maybe a show like G1 season 3, where they explore the wider Galaxy, but I think Earth and Cybertron might be tapped out.

I would like to see Nick Roche do character designs on the next show. His work is so lively and I'd love to see his stuff animated.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind seeing Roche work on the next cartoon.

I think he'd be able to bring a lot to the table.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    ...Like robot characters that don't look like they turn into anything. But hey, weird noses would be better than no noses, so there's that.

• Like Like x 1
  12. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

It's hard to say because RID is going to still be around until at least the end of 2017 so I can't guess. I want a cartoon with fewer characters so everyone can get toys.

• Like Like x 1
  13. LegionMaximus

LegionMaximus Well-Known Member

I want good characterization first and foremost, and hopefully good plots. But I care about characters more than plots. I'm watching TF Energon right now and it doesn't really matter how epic a battle with Unicron is going to be when you don't care about any of the characters.

Agree that Transformers needs it's own "MLP FIM" reboot, although I also feel that's what TFA could have been.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Alpha Primus 878

Alpha Primus 878 Alpha Primus 878

Ebay:
    What about something completely different, like a transformers series based on the Shattered Glass transformers figures. The series would have the Decepticons led by Megatron being the good ones and the Autobots led by Optimus Prime as the evil ones. I think it would be some totally different and interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ruizu1990

Ruizu1990 I'm a girl, not a boy.

News Credits:
    a big, damp, foggy island nor-noreast of Ushant
    Ebay:
    I would love that. I adore Shattered Glass. But many people hate SG so I don't think it would happen :( 

16. Alpha Primus 878

Alpha Primus 878 Alpha Primus 878

Ebay:
    What I like most about the Beast Wars series was it featured very little about humans. I want the next series to be ALL about the transformers characters and NO humans in it. I hope eventually there will be a War for Cybertron series!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Stephanie Foraci

Stephanie Foraci TFRID15Bumblebee

Twitter:
    I think I have a question: Would there really be a "Transformers" cartoon that should be all about the Wreckers, just like from "Transformers Prime", which includes Wheeljack (voiced by James Horan), Bulkhead (voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson), and Ultra Magnus (voiced by Michael Ironside), along with a new team of Wreckers, which includes Moonracer (voiced by Mae Whitman), Perceptor (voiced by Jim Ward), Brawn (voiced by Reno Wilson), and with their ship who is really Omega Supreme (voiced by Phil LaMarr), and also, with the main villain who should be Quintessa (voiced by Gemma Chan, just like from the 5th live-action "Transformers" movie ""Transformers The Last Knight", and also, with the title "Transformers Rise Of The Wreckers"? Transformers Prime - Wreckers.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fixed up:

Transformers: Wreckage

Autobot Wreckers:

Ultra Magnus
    Kup
    Perceptor
    Brawn
    Omega Supreme
    Bulkhead

Rogue Autobot Wreckers:

Wheeljack

Other:

Quintessa

Do you think this is better @Stephanie Foraci ?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Stephanie Foraci

Stephanie Foraci TFRID15Bumblebee

Twitter:
    Oh yes, that sounds much better, thanks! ;)  And also, I think I have a question for you: If Wheeljack's a rogue Autobot Wrecker, then is would he still be a really good Autobot Wrecker, and still be able to be a member of the Wreckers? And also, I think I almost forgot to mention that Kup should really join in the Autobot Wreckers as well, since Kup is really the founder of the Wreckers, and also, I'm thinking that Kup should be voiced by Michael Bell, who happens to be the exact same voice actor that provided the voice for the G1 Sideswipe, and High Tide from "Rescue Bots".

• Like Like x 1
  20. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kup?We could take Moonracer out and put him in.Wheeljack will still have the spark of an Autobot.
    Also,if you want to further discuss a Wreckers spinoff of TFP,check my Fan Fic link and post there.Thanks!

• Like Like x 1