Where will the hobby end for you ???

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Red leader, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    I was thinking today, I've more or less been into toys and TF's consistantly since I was about 4 - 5 years old and I'm now 28 but will my interest ever leave me or will the compulsion to collect and detach from the community ever be so great I take up a pipe and slippers ???

What do you guys think? are we still going to be here in another 20 years time :) 

it would be damn cool if we were!

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Well, similarly, I've been into TFs non-stop from the age of seven (31 now), with no signs of letting up. And if TFs are still selling in another 20 years, I have little doubt they'll still be bringin' 'em out. Be daft not to. All it really takes is consistently good designs and characters, and steady advances in toy tech. Bit like we've been getting for the last 20-odd, really.

3. on_a_warpath

on_a_warpath OAW 2010

I've never really thought about this. I've been into TFs since... RID? Obsidian or Armorhide were my first TFs, and I'm not really sure when i'll give it up...

4. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

I don't know if it will ever end for me, but the spending got definitely cut back when I got married. (That's also when the bots stopped being displayed at home.) I imagine when we have kids, the spending will go down even further. However, I have become much more adept at finding better deals on Transformers so that I get more for my money.

5. Petro-rabbit

Petro-rabbit Why so serious?

I've been into TF's as long as i can remember. I'm 21 now so hopefully when i'm in my 40's TF's will still be around cause then i can use my midlife crisis as an excuse to collect toys.

6. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Hopefully long enough so that if I have a son or daughter I can pass them along.

7. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

It'll never end for me as far as I'm concerned. But I have put the whole thing in perspective knowing that I can walk away from it for a period of time and come back to find the franchise still there.

And when it does come for Hasbro to hang it up I'll still have the memories to make me smile.

8. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    The G1 will never leave me....but I have a goal and once that is reached I might cut back ALOT or stick toa few figs every yearl.

9. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    For me, Itll end if they ever go back to animorphs.

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'll be collecting until there aren't any more TFs to collect.

11. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I imagine as long as TFs remains interesting with good figures, shows and comics, they'll remain my collecting hobby!

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The series I've really loved like G1, Beast Wars, Animated, and some of the Spotlight stories will always be with me, so in a way it's always kind of going to be there.

How actively I'm looking for new stuff really depends on how appealing it is for me. Sort of put Transformers off to the side after Beast Wars because things didn't work for me after that and really only started getting actively involved again toward the end of Cyberton and with the release of the Classics line. Almost dropped out again after the live action movie, but then Animated injected the fun back in for me.

13. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Until i grew sick & tired of it. but then again i've been on & off again a couple of times.

14. sixshot2K

sixshot2K Soundwave is #1!

I dont know I have been a fan for a year but I buy Bionicles more

15. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

I'll just keep going, and going, and going, and going...until Hasbro stops makin' them. That's if I haven't died before that happens!

Oh, and while all this is happening, I shall take care to never over-react to a new TF series that redesigns the whole thing.

16. BlitzFire

BlitzFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    im not a hardcore collector

i focus on one (two right now) lines and once those are complete...ill dont know what I will collect...might be more TFs or another toy line.

right now im tryin to complete the movie deluxe line (mostly mass retail plus select exclusives/repaints) and the 3" titanium figures.

more then likely the next series i will collect will be the deluxes from TFTM 2

17. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know... I imagine I'll keep going for awhile really... at least as long as Hasbro keeps making lines that appeal to me. Heck, even being married hasn't slowed my collecting any (it helps that my wife has her own hobbies... particularly ABJD which are ungodly expensive even compared to most limited Transformers) and the only real problem has been figuring out where to display all her stuff and display all my stuff because there's just so much of it.

18. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Until I lose interest and/or run out of space

19. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As for the end of the hobby, when/if it ever feels the time to put it to rest then I will. And I'll be content enough to have the stuff I own and the memories of the enjoyment these fictional robots have brought me.

20. dougzx9

dougzx9 Wish I were here

I highly doubt that I'll ever not be into Transformers in one way or another, but as far as collecting goes I'm more or less done with it. There's not a lot of new stuff coming out that has me interested in it. I don't like the look of the new Animated line, but I love the show. Classics 2.0 I'll more than likely pick up only if we have more new molds than repaints. As for the movie toys coming out next year I'll probably pass on it if they look anything like the first ones did. I just don't like the bot modes of the line, but the alt modes are very nice.