Where were you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boo, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    We all know what day today is. The 6th(!!!) anniversary of the most horrible days in history. I wasn't alive when Kennedy was shot, or Pearl Harbor was attacked, but people who were will never ever forget the moment they heard and the feelings that came along with it. I'm surprised that I haven't heard (read) anything about it yet. Not on here nor at the AllSpark, the two main boards i frequent... so I'll ask the question: Where were you when you heard about the attacks on 9/11?

Me, I was at school. Mount Union. I was heading back to my dorm room after my early morning Chemistry class. As i was walking through the hall passing by peoples' open doors, I saw other students glued to the TV and heard a couple stray comments like "it's like a movie" and "it had to have been an accident" and it really got my mind wandering. I ran to my room and turned on teh TV just moments before the second tower was hit. I saw that live, and my jaw just dropped. I think I sat like that for 4, maybe 5 hours till my roommate came back. The idiot wasn't interested one bit, didn't care, all he wanted to do was watch Sportscenter or soem such nonsense. (Nonsense at a time like this, anyway.) I went down to the lobby, called Victoria (we weren't even dating at this point!) and just watched the news all afternoon and all night. I had tears flowing most of that time, too. It was just, wow.

2. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Taking a shower.

3. honestgabe

honestgabe I

When I found out I was in my 11th grade honors world history class with Mr. Jacoby. I think it was second period

4. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

At work in Versailles KY.

5. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    I was in first period class my senior year of high school. It was a foggy morning that morning so after the first plane was announced hitting the tower we figured it was becasue the fog. It was very scary when it was announced another plane just hit the other tower.

6. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

I was at work. I actually got word of the 1st plane hitting the tower from these boards.

7. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Grade 8 science class.

8. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I was on my way to university and listening to the news. The first plane had hit and they were still trying to determine what had happened...then the second one hit...

The when I got back I sat (like most others) glued to the TV. I remember sitting there with my wife, roommate and 3 month old son thinking ' what is he (my son) going to have to deal with when he gets older...

9. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I remember that day quite well. Some things never leave you.

I was on my way to work that morning. I usually listen to the radio in the car on the way up there, but that day I chose to pop in a cd instead. When I got to work, I ejected the cd so I could take it upstairs to my office and I heard the radio people say something about a plane just as I turned the radio and the car off to go inside. For some reason, it struck me as a little odd but I shrugged it off and went upstairs. I walked into the office and nobody else was listening to a radio or anything. I got to my office and turned the radio on and they were talking about it but at this point, details were still sketchy and any talk I heard about planes hitting buildings, I shrugged off as morning radio hijinks. Shortly afterwards, they flipped over to the national broadcast and then I was quickly brought up to speed. So I went around the office asking if people had heard about what happened and nobody did, so I went back to my office and turned up the radio and logged onto CNN.com (I think). Everybody was in total shock and I don't think too much got done that day. The boss didn't let any of us go home, which really made me angry, especially since our office was in downtown Austin, one of the cities that was on a rather long list of possible attack points. My family and I called each other and checked in, just to make each other feel better. We had a television tucked away in the office kitchen that barely worked and we managed to get it working and I saw a brief update of the situation around lunchtime. Then I had to go back to work. I didn't see any of the footage of the planes or of the buildings falling until I got home after work. Replay or not, it was (and still is) a horrific sight.

10. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

Sophomore year of college, just settling into a Multicultural Studies class when I heard. Had woken up late with my then-girlfriend, and heard the radio on the way to class talk about a plane crash but didn't get the details, so I had just figured a plane went down somewhere.

11. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

I was already graduated from high school and at home at that time and when I saw that and was just shocked and horrified. and the buildings came down dust, debris, and a god knows what. To me it was like those giant monster movies, but it was reality and man I was sadden for the people who lost their lives and when I found out who done it, man I has feeled with rage, like I want to rip those terrorists limb by limb, but not those nice muslims those easliy tricked and extremists like osama bin laden. I couldn't watch my monster movies for a long time, intil things got into a much calmer start. and since then I realize that some people around the world don't like us. I say don't hate the people hate the government we have. Of course 6 yrs later I still think that there are good muslims and others well not really kind, just like other people.
    I like to say that thanks to all of those firefighters, police officers, constructions workers, who remove the debris at ground zero, and the us army for fighting in Iraq and afganistan for fighting their hearts out to beat terrorism at the source and that to protect our freedom, that is precise to us. Thank you.

12. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I was asleep. My mom came in and told me, but I thought it was a dream. I didn't get up until the second plane hit.

13. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

I had just pulled out of my apartment parking lot when I turned on the car radio. And then I sat stunned for about 4-5 minutes. At work, NOTHING got done as everyone was busy watching/reading the news in various forms and the help desk was flooded with people wondering how this effected us.

14. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    I was going to watch the british serie "Heartbreak" when the intro suddenly got cancelled and the news aired around 15:08pm (GMT+1), and then I followed what was happening, also when the 2nd plane hit.

I also remember the first bombing was it 95 or 96 ? I was playing Earth Siege II when my parents talked about it.

15. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was pretty young, I belive I was in first or second grade.
    They randomly told us over the intercom the were leaving early, I had no idea at the time. My dad told me that him and my mom were sitting in out family room watching it and my mom thought it was an accident but my dad dident. When the second plane hit they were both convinced that it was no accident. After my dad picked me up early from school I was really mad because every one of my favorite tv stations were covering this thing that at the time I had no intrest in. So the next day my friend came over and we played super mario all day. XD

16. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had taken a week of work and was at home just flicking through the TV before lunch, then the news hit and I was glued to the TV for the rest of the day.

17. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I had a job working in the IT department at my college. I was on the computer in the office when someone told me that a plane had crashed. I went to CNN.com and checked it out from there.

18. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

On my way to class. Heard about it on the school shuttle. The day was pretty much wasted after that... almost all my classes were canceled.

I went to work after that. Everyone was freaking out.

19. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    How did I know that this thread would come up? As much as I hate talking about this subject every year, one way or another, Ill put in my 2 cents. I was walking to my college freshman history class when a guy stopped me in the hallway and told me.

20. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I remember classes got canceled and when I checked it out in the news with a friend, I was so in disbelief that my first response was: "Those special effects suck".