Where were Maketoys & FansProject?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by OptionZero, Jul 15, 2017.

1. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    and maketoys?

2. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

IGear,o_O .....

3. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

As I have stated in other threads, I no longer am working with MT's PR department. I have not been since CNY. I have no more idea on new stuff than anyone else.

Sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Fair enough and thank you for replying.

Frankly though, if they do come back, they need to rethink their attitude. Their products aren't so good that they can get by with a high handed artist approach to selling products. Fans and customers deserve better and there are a lot of companies who have figured that out already.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    They havent decided to show anything because they don't want ko makers to get their stuff or they don't want competition.

Maketoys isn't dead. Their stuff was in display and they even switched out the grey prototype howling meteor for a color one so.....

• Like Like x 1
  6. AmonDemon112

AmonDemon112 Demon General

News Credits:
    THIIISSSSS!!!!! really really want a MP BRAINSTORM!!! especially with a face exactly like the Takara Legends figure!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

I don't blame those companies for not showing/giving slides to TFCon but at least the presenters could have at least addressed it, "hey guys, these companies didn't send us anything in time or they will have a announcement soon"

8. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Dat face is ugly

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Throbbing Member

This possibility fills me with delight and alarm.

Delarm?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    I was just thinking about this the other day. There's so much competition now, that FP can't expect to sell a deluxe sized figure for $70, when folks can get MP scaled figures for not much more.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Pho'ptimus Prime

Pho'ptimus Prime Mancave Spelunker

Chiming in here, I'm not fearful that MT is on the outs. They've had great product, aftercare service, social media presence and enough of a hint of upcoming releases (Seekers) to keep me happy. Fansproject though, I could care less if they folded and called it a day, but at the least, I hope some of the creative team was brought onboard with other 3P (hopefully not the KO of 3P) to continue amazing us with what could be done.

12. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Yep, agreed about Maketoys not being out. My guess is that they'll focus more on doing those small Make Con i.e. invitation only events like they did in Hong Kong. The whole AR thing, etc point to them planning to be a long term player. The only loser in Maketoys not being present in TFCon is TFCon. Or maybe one of the North America TFCons. Why go to both if you can just go to one especially since they are scheduled so close together.

13. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Thing is, I saw the mt guy at the show, or around, just not for long, only passed by.

14. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

He is not THE MT guy. Haha. He has represented them in the past. That is all. MT has their own full team and do their own things. He distributes for them.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Lodril

Lodril Poet of Destruction

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    One of the problems FP has often suffered from is their silence. An occasional official, "We're still out here, still working on the same projects. fX will continue, LER will continue," would go a long way to stifling some of the concerns that crop up. Personally, I'd calendar it for once a quarter, just pop out, say things are still in development, then back off into hiding.

For a collector's market, like this one, there's a desire for completion. The fate of the missing LER stegosaurus, for example, impacts how likely people are to buy into the line, and importantly, how heavily they consider opting instead for an alternative stegosaurus from outside the line that would complete the set. With the set thusly completed, they're less likely to buy the FP stegosaurus whenever it releases.

Personally, I'm eye-balling that very pretty KFC Kingzilla. I'd prefer an fX version that matches the aesthetic of the toys I have from that line, but if fX is dead, well then...

An occasional, "Hey, we're still out here! Things are still moving forward!" would settle fan anxiety in threads like these, and in the long run boost sales whenever the actual product is finally released. Re-organization should still leave at least one person with the reins to the Facebook account or whatever, who can toss up a simple proof-of-life from time to time.

• Like Like x 6
  16. LBock

LBock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maketoys had painted test shots of several of their upcoming figures. I'd argue they had more of a presence than Badcube, who only had a few pictures of the same unpainted Huffer and Pipes prototype we've seen for months.

17. Toolala

Toolala Breast Master

I really do hope Fansproject is not dead like some have pointed out, I want more Function X, I never bought into the Dinobots but I want at the very least a Hardhead to complete the main 7, and Snapdragon & Apeface would be nice too.

18. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

And that constant lack of clarity, and refusal to update customers things like LER dinobots, headmasters etc, means I absolutely will not be investing my money into this company's products. I just can't trust them to finish a line they've started.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SilverWolf01

SilverWolf01 Well-Known Member

Any information of this E-Dom? :D 
    It looks like Banpresso Dom with some Evangelion twist :D 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

I think that was the Open and Play one., maybe. I know Spence was representing them, or giving some info on it at least.

• Like Like x 1