Where was the security for her?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Atlas42, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atlas42

Atlas42 Banned

Not Guilty Plea for Man Accused in Ind. Girl Death This man, this scumbag, they found a child's body parts in his freezer. He dismembered a partially blind and deaf little girl. Evidence does not get much more damning than that. And yet, they let him plead not guilty. They have him in a nice cell, he gets to watch TV, there are reports of him getting macaroni and cake, as well as enhanced security and isolation from other inmates. And the taxpayers get to pay for this monster's comforts, as well as his public defender. This crap really turns my stomach.

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Just look at Casey Anthony. That'll really make you mad.

3. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    What the fuck?!

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    If you hate it so much you should try to make a better society, where the great would be constrained by the small...

I'll tell you right now that this thread could go very political very quickly, and political discussions are not allowed on this forum.

The sad truth is this: This man has not yet been convicted, the charges against him have not yet been proven, and he is guaranteed his right to a defense in a court of law. The article basically states he admitted the crime to police, but he has also pleaded not guilty, meaning the evidence remains to be shown and deliberated on by a jury of his peers. If convicted, he may be sentenced to death in Indiana, depending on the circumstances. Convicted or acquitted, he is entitled to fair and safe treatment until he leaves the care of authorities, including his personal safety. These are his inalienable rights. Even if he DID do what he is accused of (and it seems pretty likely he did), he is still a human being, and is still entitled to those rights. Denying them diminishes their inalienability for all, and in doing so, one of the finest ideals of his nation and others. That's the cost of that ideal, that it must be applied equally, even to those who commit such monstrous acts.

5. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

It is on these days that I wonder "WHY DOESN'T THE PUNISHER EXIST?"

6. boxorak

boxorak Lovable Noob

Ah, but that's where we hit a snag; once someone commits a particularly heinous, horrific, and evil crime, people start seeing this person less as a human and more as a monster. And I hopefully don't need to tell you what people want to do with monsters.

Even if this guy manages to get off scot free, atones for his crime, and goes off to become a monk somewhere in Tibet, there will be people calling for his blood. In fact, I'd be very surprised if someone didn't take the law into their own hands.

7. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire Yamato is go! ;D

^ this. Its sickening, and sad, and will make your blood boil, but the law states he gets these rights. I for one hope he gets each and everyone and is well protected and taken care of. I dont want his lawyer arguing some that some crap that happened while awaiting trial, gets him sprung on a technicality.
    He will have his day in court. Justice will be served. Have faith in the system.

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I hope the jury nullifies him and he gets hacked to pieces by a mob before he gets back home.

9. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire Yamato is go! ;D

Thats why hes in protected care. I'm sure theres a peverbial line around the block looking to get thier hands on this guy.....

10. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    ^^^ Beaten

And that's why legal decisions are in the hands of the legal system instead of individual people, vigilantes, or a mob. The law itself has no emotions, and an emotional response isn't always the most just response (even if it may seem completely warranted). This is also why this man is likely in protective custody in prison, and will likely remain so.

11. boxorak

boxorak Lovable Noob

Of course, as we ARE in a democracy, chances are that somewhere along the line, we'll elect people who could take a look at a case like this and say "Strap him in the chair and fry him". :p 

But sadly, you're right. This case is out of our hands, and the only thing to do is hope that justice is done.

12. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    It could all just be a misunderstanding. This guy maybe goes out looking for some rocky road, and instead he puts a little girl in the freezer - I mean, who HASN'T made that mistake?

13. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    That's also why a person cannot be tried again for a crime they are acquitted of outside of the appeals process.

Also I think pretty much everyone uses lethal injection now. edit: Nope, electrocution, firing squad, hanging, and gas chamber are still legitimate methods in some states.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  14. boxorak

boxorak Lovable Noob

You know what I mean.
    But this is starting to get a little too political, so maybe we could end this discussion?

15. Atlas42

Atlas42 Banned

A fitting end for such a creature.

As always, people are too squeamish to discuss important topics.

16. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Calm down, bro. The article said a plea of 'not guilty', not a verdict of 'not guilty'.

[​IMG]

If only. :( 

17. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    ^lol

18. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Judges ruled she was a neglectful mother that committed perjury, not a murderer.

Just because she's a complete dumbass piece of dermis, doesn't make her a criminal genius.

19. Atlas42

Atlas42 Banned

That's not the point. Didn't you read my full post? Americans are paying money for this guy to eat cake, macaroni and watch TV. They found a DEAD FUCKING CHILD in his freezer and the courts assign an attorney to him defend him, also at the taxpayer's expense. He should already be dead.

20. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

The problem with this mindset is that it's impetuous. Although the evidence is pointing in the direction that this guy did murder the child, there are definitely other possible reasons, which, although not likely, may explain his having a dead child in his freezer. Basing a verdict in absolutely nothing but emotional response to the horrifying scenario presented would result in thousands of innocent men and women falsely labeled guilty. There's a reason we don't look back fondly on events such as the Salem witch trials.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.