Where to post Amazon listings?

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by RKillian, Jun 28, 2012.

1. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

I don't use eBay anymore because of Paypal but I do list a few things on Amazon from time to time. To sell at Amazon you have to establish a "store" but a few one-offs is different than what I'd consider a real store. Can I post the listings in the eBay forum (since it's kind of similar) or the B/S/T forum? Can I post a regular ad in B/S/T if I use Google Checkout to send invoices instead of Paypal?

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The Ebay forum is for Ebay listings only.

The Junkion is only for listings where you are using the forums to transact, and not sending people off site to do so.

In my opinion, posting links to your personal Amazon store, regardless of how big or small, would fall under site advertising. You can place a link in your signature, but cannot advertise on the forums via posting.

3. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

So it would be OK to post a normal ad like everyone else in B/S/T but stipulate Google instead of Paypal? I was into B/S/T when it was all check/MO so I'm not sure how/if Google and Paypal procedures differ such that you might allow Paypal but not Google.

4. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Payment options are between you and the other party. If you think people will sign up with Google payment, that's fine. But Paypal is pretty much the standard on the forum and people don't take to change easily. Just fair warning.