Where to get some good fembots?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by BioBlade, Oct 18, 2009.

1. BioBlade

BioBlade Well-Known Member

I've given up on hoping that the Transformers franchise will spit out more than the occasional highly posable and only mildly kibble-ridden female bots....sadly though, this means that my collection is still sadly uni-gendered. I've got THREE female bots (not counting the Bionicles, who I haven't put back on display yet), and it irks me. So I'm willing to branch out of the TF franchise and look for some female bots from elsewhere to add to my collection. Mostly, I'm looking for simple posability and decent prices.....I'd rather not have to spend more than twenty dollars on a toy unless it's REALLY worth it, but then I'd be afraid to play with the thing. >< So, any suggestions?

Though it WOULD be nice if they would release a repaint of Animated Blackarachnica or Movie 1 Arcee......those were some GREAT fembots, but I'd feel weird owning too many.

2. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

Busou Shinki. Get Busou Shinki.

(There are Light Armors versions if you don't want the full armor ones. They're just as good.)

And Figmas (They're cool, though they're not really fembots all the time.).

3. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

I thought you opted for Reborns over Shinkis, didn't you, Dremare? And figma Drossel is awesome.

20 bucks or less, though? I highly doubt you'll get a shinki for that cheap, unless you're like me and happen to be in HK during a clearance sale, in which case 25 was the norm for a regular shinki.

Bragging aside, have you collected all the energon Arcee variants? Like, all 7/8/however many? There was Firestar, Flamewar, Flareup, Paradron Type Arcee (quite obviously based on the paradron medics), regular Arcee, Elita-One, Blue Arcee (from the movie line), Chromia, and i think that's all.

Also, how about GN Archer and Gundam Nadleeh from, well, Gundam, obviously. Both should still be on shelves and around the 20 bucks mark.

Also, Animated Arcee should be coming out soon. I think.

Oh, and i found this by going to the 'similar threads' bar below. This might help: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...8331-help-how-many-fembots-figures-there.html

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nadleeh isn't a Fembot. Feminine, but not a fembot. GN Archer's a go, though.

Also:

SRW Fairylion
    SRW Valsione
    Virtual ON Fei-Yen
    Figma Drossel
    Figma Sakura Hime

And the entirety of the aforementioned Busou Shinki line, with some looking more robotic than others. Fictionally, though, they're all 1:1 scale "robotic dolls".

5. batcam11

batcam11 SHINIGAMI CHOP!!!

i agree to get Busou Shinki but first get Animated Blackarachnia

6. Treadshot A1

Archon, explain to me how one decides if a Gundam is female or not? In reality, they both look female, unless you're judging by the pilots...

...In which case, you'd also have to factor in Tieren Taozi. *shivers* And Gaia and Destroy...

Not to mention Tieria wasn't exactly the most masculine character ever...

And, according to the Gundam Wikia's Nadleeh article, "The name "Nadleeh" comes from the Navajo word meaning "Two-Spirit", a reference to the female figure hidden within the male."

7. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Oddly enough, despite Hasbro's hesitancy to release high quantities of female characters in the Transformers line, Transformers is pretty much the best place to look in getting fembot toys.

And despite Japan's seeming expertise on the subject, there doesn't seem to be that much out there. There's also the Soul of Chogokin Mazinger Angels, and beyond that, toy or model-wise, beyond what I've already posted, or what's already been posted in this thread, there's not much else. Just a few odd incarnations of Nobel Gundam.

Sadly, no company's yet stepped up to the plate to create some figures of Koryu and Anryu from GaoGaigar Final (although there are some rare fixed-pose resin kits around there), or their combined form TenRyujin. And while the super robot anime Godannar is pretty much Mecca for hyper-sexualized feminine robots, no proper toyline was ever produced for it, either. You've got the expensive-as-hell Studio Halfeye Godannar, which included it's female partner, the Neo-Okusaer, and that's it.

Alter's apparently in the production of an articulated KOS-MOS v.4 figure (from Xenosaga), that was shown off earlier this year at some hobby show, but it's not yet surfaced for ordering.

8. Treadshot A1

And i'm still waiting for an answer, Archon. Seriously.

9. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Moreso that I'd peg its look under "androgynous" moreso than I would "fembot". It's got the "hair" and wider hips, but nothing else about its look particular says "female". For instance, it's still got fairly narrow eyes and an agressive faceplate design, as opposed to Nobel Gundam and GN Archer, which widened the eyes so as to appear more feminine, and rounded the faceplates off a bit, in the Nobel Gundam's case, widening the cheek structure, to make it look "cuter".

Also, forgot this little number: Figma Aegis

Your post wasn't there when I was in the middle of writing my rather lengthy reply.

10. Treadshot A1

Oh, ok, sorry to rush you.

Still, going by the Nadleeh's name, and the gundam wiki, one of the two is feamle, and since Virtue is probably not, then...

11. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

BioBlade, where do you live and how much are you looking to spend? Certain Shinkis (Benio, Howling, Mao Chao and the Waffebunny Weapon EX kit) have shown up quite cheaply in the UK recently. There's also the Soul of Chogokin Mazinger Angels if you want something bigger with metal. And firing tit missiles. :D 

12. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

What? I just wanted everyone's opinion on what I should get: Juvisy or the Reborns. I decided that I should get the Exia RD instead of either one, and that Juvisy will be my next one...... Unless Figuarts IXA comes out.

13. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Names don't have to be taken at face value.

14. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I always thought of it as an effeminate guy...

15. BioBlade

I live in Oregon over in the US. Checked out the Mazinger Angels.....WAY to good looking. That is, I'd be afraid to mess with something with such an awesome paint job.....those would be purely desplay pieces, and not good for my photography (as I tend to....well, dress them up, repose them a lot, and try to manipulate them so they fit together, meaning there is much scraping and rubbing on the plastic). I'm HOPING to get some halfway decent stuff for under twenty dollars each. Like I said, these are for fiddling with, not JUST display, and so I would rather not pay a great deal of money for something that is very likely to take some abuse. As long as it's posable (how DO you spell that? My spell-checker won't tell me!) and I find it appealing, I'm pretty happy. I'd go with the Energon Arcee repaints, but those weird arms and hands make them pretty difficult to work with......plus, her weapon looks like something out of a sex toy catalog (that's not a complaint, I find it freakin HILARIOUS.....I was able to take a fun picture of Optimus bringing out one of the baton parts of it out to show Blackaracnia.....that was fun). But yeah, I'm looking for something not too expensive, can take some heavy play and posing, and isn't so kibbly that it looks horrible on camera (ie, that boat chick from Cybertron who's name escapes me). I've seen a few good suggestions so far....I'll have to look into it further.

P.S. I had a dream that I found an AWESOME electric blue and black repaint of Animated Blackarachnia in the store last night...this stuff must REALLY be on my mind!

16. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
  17. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    ^And at this size, it's fits perfect on Energon Arcee.

18. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

Their faces are too shiny.

19. BioBlade

I agree. Again, we run the problem of getting the poor things scrapped up, and me being afraid to touch them. ><

20. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

Get the nobel gundam.
    [​IMG]
    Or Fei Yen from Virtual On.
    [​IMG]