Where to get cheap glass Display Cases/Shelves?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by FlameWaveX, Aug 29, 2009.

1. FlameWaveX

FlameWaveX Well-Known Member

Hey Guys,

I'm starting to open more and more figures of an otherwise MISB collection, and i've been wondering where people get their display shelves and cases? I love the way they look in those Hasbro display cases, and I want to get something similar, but much cheaper, than that. I'm thinking maybe 6 feet wide, 4-5 feet tall? Let me know if you guys have any ideas, or some suggestions?

Thanks!

2. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    I'd say check out IKEA. I also like display cases from Oakley eyewear too.

3. FlameWaveX

FlameWaveX Well-Known Member

Hmm... yea Ikea has those tall detolf shelves. I have one of them, but it's not wide enough to really hold very many figures. Also, since the shelves aren'ta djustable, there is a lot of wasted space and what not.

Any other ideas? for shorter, wider display cabinets? I see a lot of really nice shelves, but they are all around 400-500+...

4. SegaGenesis

SegaGenesis Headmaster

DIY

5. miasboytoy

miasboytoy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    ikea billy bookcases (they come in many different colors) 3 ft wide and i think 7 ft tall. you can upgrade to glass shelves if you want and they have a few types of glass doors. if you look at my collection that is what i use. the black paneling on my doors can be removed, i just use it to keep the sunlight out. i use detolfs to display figures that i just opened or the ones i like.