Customs: Where to find Styrene...

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Pun-3X, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Well, I live out in Las Vegas, so I don't know if area has anything to do with it. I see a lot of kitbashers using styrene sheets to make some of their parts from, but I go to hobby shops and craft shops and they have no idea where to get any except through commercial ordering. (which sounds like it'd be bulk-purchasing)

Anyone know if there are specialty shops to get this stuff at? Those kitbashers that use it, where do you get it from?

2. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  3. jedimac

jedimac New Member

Goto Model Train Stores, they carry styrene for the modelist that like to build thier own scenery buildings, all the train hobby stores around where I live carry tons of it, it comes in sheets, different thicknesses. Hope this helps you out.

4. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I'll try trainshops specifically, thanks.

On a side note, those that have used it, how durable is the stuff? Are there other good materials for paneling when customizing TF toys?

5. fezool

fezool Well-Known Member

Might check www.hobbytown.com to see if they have a location near you. They carry styrene I believe.

I actually haven't purchased any yet, but I know the one here carries styrene. So far I've just been using a sign that reads "Authorized Vehicles Only - Unauthorized vehicles will be towed away". :D 
    The sign I have is about 1mm thick and about as flexible as a credit card. It was cheaper than the styrene sheets.