Where to buy store like display cases online?

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by Commtech, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Commtech

Commtech Voice Over Bot

News Credits:
    Hi. I've been looking where to buy a nice huge display case 6X6 like the ones in stores with glass sliding doors on the front. Does anyone know where I can order these online? Thank you.

2. TheJackal

TheJackal Banned

theres always eBay. Just do a search under all categories for "display cases" you'll get alot of different results w/ various types of cases and even some that your looking for.

hope that helps.

3. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Ebay and any sort of online places, the problem with them is shipping. Glass cases get HEAVY. and shipping ends up costing more then the item. If the types in my showcase thread works for you, just go to Big Lots and get them for 100-200$ or IKEA has some as well, just a bit more expensive.

4. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Also what you can do is check around your town for any businesses closing down. Usually when businesses close down, especially like a drug store or retail store they have HUGE fixture sale blowouts. I know my old martial arts school managed to get several of the cases you are looking for that way.

5. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Well I think I might be able to come up w/ something for you.

"I have spent way too many hours painting this thing (I asked them to leave it unfinished so I could paint it) and putting the figures into it (a solid week to be honest). The dimensions in case anyone is interested are 5'w x 6'h x 16''d, a pretty good sized cabinet. I got it from www.showcasedesigns.biz, a company that I highly recommend for the quality of their products, their absolutely excellent customer service (I bugged the lady numerous times and she was extremely helpful), and their very reasonable prices. And no, they didn't pay me to say any of that, I just really liked dealing w/ them."

I had to special order it to be 5' wide, unfinished, and w/ an extra pair of shelves, b/c they usually only sell them in 3' or 4' sizes and stained. FYI, 5' is the largest they are willing to make. I painted it myself, and that just took 2 days to put on 2 coats and I prefer that much more to the stain they use. I am probably going to order another one from them sometime in the next 6 months or so since I have completely run out of space for my collection(and I love the cabinet so much).

[​IMG]

Hope that helps. Check out my collection thread on the bottom of this post for more detailed pics.