Where to buy non toy TF items?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Metal Chaos, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
  2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Lots of toy stores like tfsource carry non-toy items like watches and photobooks. Its a good idea to check out the same stores you buy your toys at.

3. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    anyone else have any ideas?

4. The Asp

The Asp Are we having fun yet?

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I think the Hasbro online store might have some non-toy TF items, like home decor and school supplies. Why not try them?

6. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Well, for starters I would first browse The Junkion Exchange here at TFW2005. Not everyone there deals exclusively in TF toys.

Also available here as a handy TF product resource is The Exhaustive Listing of Movie Toys and Merchandise.

After that, you might try clicking on that big ol' banner ad up top for Stylin' Online, which has lots of quality non-toy TF product -- several items of which I personally own and highly recommend.

And besides Amazon, the online sites for toysrus.com (which is an amazon dealer anyway), walmart.com, target.com, shopping.yahoo.com, and hottopic.com should yield results for all manner of Transformers-related non-toy product.

Furthermore...

• Mead.com has calendars and school binders.
    • American Greetings makes greeting cards, stickers, and some related school-type supplies.
    • PartyCity.com has TF party supplies galore.
    • USPlayingCard.com has a TF G1 playing card pack available.
    • For statues, check the distributors/dealers listings from HardHero.com, and DiamondSelectToys.com has statues, busts, and wall plaques.
    • For pillows, check walmart.com and target.com, which also have full bed sheets/comforter sets available. And Argos.co.uk offers a comforter/duvet set, but it's not available in the US.

For pretty much anything else, Google.com is your friend. For example, the first search result for "Transformers posters" offers this site which has about 7 different TF posters to choose from: MovieGoods - Search Results for transformers

Walmart has a couple TF posters too, as does IDW Publishing (although they don't current have any available on their site).

And on TF decals--just so you know, very few of the ones on the market are officially-licensed Hasbro product. There's some professional-quality decals and vehicle-related accessories out there, but most of it isn't licensed.

As for a piggy bank, never seen anyone ask about that before. Only one I found currently available is offered through an online UK store.

And good luck finding "lights shaped like faction symbols" -- I could be wrong, but I don't think anything like that exists currently...at least not commercially.

7. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    I had no clue they did?

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I recall them having some stuff besides actual transformers toys at Botcon, including the energon cubes, coronation sets, etc. I probably should have said Big Bad Toy Store as a better example, however. My main point of checking out the sponsors and places you buy your toys anyway still holds true, however.

Also, yes, check out American Greetings, or whatever the American equivalent of Carleton Cards is. They'll have stuff like transformers greeting cards, maybe some xmas ornaments, and possibly stationary and gift bags and wrapping paper and stuff.

9. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Don't forget good 'ol Ebay.