Where to buy Henkei for reasonable prices?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by BB Shockwave, Aug 18, 2008.

1. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been looking real hard to find at least one 'normal' seller to buy all the Classics Henkeis from which I need (and it's quite a lot, actually).

Trouble is... they can pretty much only be bought from Hong Kong. And that's where it all starts to go downhill. I'm willing to pay 18-25$ for a deluxe if needed, that's the acceptable price for a toy of that size category, from China. Even the listed 20$ shipping is OK. But whenever I ask about combined shipping, the sellers (if they even bother to reply) give me such horrendous amounts, that they pretty much just sum up the shipping costs... For 5 deluxes and a Voyager, shipping would have been over 100 USD... I can understand if they are selling an Encore Sky Lynx for 20$, then they charge 60$ for shipping... sure. But for a Deluxe? Ripoffs.

Anyway, if anyone knows a trustworthy seller (can be chinese, US, I don't care) who ships without charging such ludicrous amounts of shipping costs, I'd greatly appreaciate it.

2. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    You may be better off buying from a us seller on ebay.

You will still pay 25-35 for a deluxe but the shipping will be alot less

3. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Also continuously check the Yen exchange rate, because somtimes Hobby Link Japan can be cheaper. If you use SAL shipping you'll save a boat load of money, but it may take a good 3-4 weeks to get to you.

4. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    TFsource and BBTS sell the deluxes for about $25 and $45 for Voyagers. Their shipping is reasonable as well.

5. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the info (all of you) - but my situation is different in that I live in Hungary (Europe) - I simply cannot use BBTS, not only are their shipping prices much higher then regular air mail from the USA, their packages (even if they mark it as gift) always get taxed by our customs. And 20% tax on all the package's worth PLUS shipping is quite a lot...

I haven't tried TFsource yet, will see if they can send packages that way.

Is there a good japanese or chinese toy store that has an english webpage, btw? Maybe I could order from there...

6. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

oooooo, you just missed the BBTS sale that covered all non-new products which included all the henkeis but ramjet and jetfire. everything else was fair game, sale ended yesterday... but BBTS or TF Source is still the way to go in terms of reliability.

7. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

www.robotkingdom.com

Straight from china..... You wont save that much on shipping unless its a big order... but it comes out to about bbts prices even with inflated shipping rates. And they have a bunch of stock

8. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got friends who once ordered from here, will have to ask them if customs tax can be avoided with this store. Thanks for the info!

justinRODimus - as I described above, I avoid BBTS. Their XMS shipping costs about 25% more then normal insured airmail, and the plus 20% (for toy value AND shipping) is almost guaranteed. Some friends of mine paid about 55$ tax for a 225$ value package... which in retrospect makes buying from BBTS very much not worth it. Cerebros (from these forums) helped me a lot before by buying stuff for me together with his buys from BBTS and shipping it to me himself, but I don't want to bother him with such requests anymore.