Where to buy display cases?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by XJunky, Aug 19, 2007.

1. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Hi Gang,

I just ran through google, froogle and ebay looking for some UV protective cases for some of my more precious figures and could not find a thing. I figured some of my peeps on these boards must know where I can find some. Any help?

Thanks,
    ~X

2. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Try Craigslist or Ikea.

3. Pvt. Hagetaka

Pvt. Hagetaka Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    carneyplastics.com is a good one, but I like clearwaterdisplays.com a lot better.

The user "custom display" on Ebay has some thinner, cheaper (but still decent) cases as well.

4. dropkick76

dropkick76 Well-Known Member

Or if you daring you could build your own display case. That is what i did i bought some acrylic sheets 3foot x4 foot cut them down using a new blade box cutter do not buy the plastic cutter it is a waste of money and gives crappy uneven cuts. Cutting is easy measure place a metal straight edge across and just score cut start out with light scores and get heavyier as you score and she will snap in a clean break. The corners go to tapplastics and order some square rod and corner protectors cut them down to the right length. Square rod on the inside and the corner protector on the outside. tap plastics also sells the glue you will need and tools i used the tube glue great for slightly uneven cuts and fills gaps. The base is wood i bought from lowes cut down to size and the lower outer molding is balsa wood tacted in place then all edges painted flat black.

[​IMG]

5. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Speaking of this, are there any places to get individule display cases for figures? I would love one for my G1 Prime box, the type used for AFA grading. Sorry to hijack the thread, but I thought that was what the original subject was going to be.

6. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    AFA themselves sell their cases:

http://www.toygrader.com/index.aspx

Scroll down to the bottom middle, there's no other info on them though, you'd need to email them.

It's these sliding ones they sell, not the sealed ones they grade with.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  7. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Thanks guys. I was indeed looking for display cases for individual figures. Appreciate the help!

~X