Where to buy Alternator@USA???

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by tfatUGA, Sep 21, 2006.

1. tfatUGA

tfatUGA Member

I know this sounds really dumb...but where can I buy those new Alternators? Toys'R'US here sucks, and they don't bring up new alternators anymore...so, is there any cool website that I can get the newest Alternators? Thank you guys.

Cheers

2. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

unfortunatly they are pretty hard to find even on websites. Ebay is probably the best bet.

3. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Walmart, depends where you are at..

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I've always relied on BBTS for my online shopping. Last I checked, they had Optimus Prime in stock for $29.99, but had sold out of Mirage and Camshaft. I would assume they'll be getting more in at some point.

Alts are getting really hard to find offline again. Some Wal-Marts have stopped carrying them (again), Target has apparently put them down on the "do not restock" list, and while I don't know exactly about TRU, my local one has had just one Skids out for a couple months now, and has shown no sign of restocking.

6. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Hmmm...I think I know why some of these are out of stock...it's 'cause I'm able to make Meister and Tracks pyramids at almost all the stores I go to!!! WTF?! I have a feeling I'll be able to do the same thing with Prime soon as I'm starting to see him more often....only time will tell...

Back on topic, just hit Wal-marts and Targets and pray! They're out there! I have yet to buy an Alt. on-line. Hell, I even snagged a Nemesis Prime locally (at a toy show, mind you) for a decent price. I couldn't believe it and I still don't in some ways.

7. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I see them at walmart and target pretty often.

8. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Yeah I'm thinking it'll be never to impossible to find Ravage and Rumble by the time they're released.

I blame Hasbro for this entirely. If they hadn't issued so many repaints/molds that people already (Sunstreaker, Rico, Rollbar, Tracks (2 or 3 waves)) have instead of releasing molds/repaints that people wanted (Decpticharge, Swerve, Grimlock) then we wouldn't have today's problem of stores dropping the line because they take up too much space(ironically the reason they were dropped last time).

9. tfatUGA

tfatUGA Member

Optimus Prime, Mirage, Meister re-release, Tracks re-release (currently out of stock)

I like this one, but anyone tell me is the price reasonable? I saw from Hasbro.com that each is sold at 19.99, and how come the combined is even more expensive than each sold seperately or they just refreshed the price for the new Alternators? Thanks

10. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    Alts usually retail about $19.99. Some online vendors charge more for Optimus and Mirage and I think it may be because they take will have to take a loss with Tracks and Meister. The assortment is four in a case. People will be buying Optimus or Mirage and leave Tracks and Meister. You will probably have no problem buying Tracks or Meister at any store that carries Alts.

A couple days ago, the Walmart I shop at had restocked 4 cases of Alts and I asked the stockperson what had happened to all the Primes and Mirages and he told me a guy came in early that morning and bought them all because they were hard to find! Talk about extreme collecting!

11. tfatUGA

tfatUGA Member

Crazy...crazy...crazy extreme collecting....

12. spyderbytez

spyderbytez ALTERNATOR FANATIC TFW2005 Supporter

13. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I posted a similar topic about a month ago. Target's been my best option lately for finding Prime and Camshaft. These's a lonely Ricochet there too that despite my early thinking I'm considering giving a home since he's been there for months.
    Still no sign of Mirage.

I know the feeling, you want to get them on line, but they're so expensive! If you could only find one in the store they'd only be $20! But you can't find them in the store and you'll probably end up paying the difference that you would have paid in gas money anyway. So if you find one on line for a price you are willing to pay you may want to snatch one up. I haven't seen anything beyond Sunstreaker at a TRU or Wal-Mart since the new packaging for Alts first came out. So far the only Alt I've had to get elsewhere was Tracks. I got the blue Binalech version at a local toy show for $50.

14. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    That's not extreme collecting, that's scalping. He's going to turn around and sell most, if not all, of those Alts on eBay.

15. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Dude, if you're truly "@UGA" check the GA Sightings Forum. Alts are abundant at any number of Targets and Walmarts throughout the Atlanta area and surrounding countines. I'm still seeing Alt Mirage on occasion at Walmart, and Tracks and Meister have become shelf-warmers at a lot of Targets and WMTs too in both Gwinnett and Forsyth counties.