Where to acquire comics online?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Severus, May 16, 2007.

1. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

So, I'm furious at my local comic shop. I went to pick up my TF comics from the somewhat local shop (approx. 40 minutes away) today, after not being able to get there for a couple of months. I find that the comics they were putting up for me are gone because I hadn't been there in more than a month. Whatever - I understand how that is. They don't want to be left with junk they can't sell.

But then, after a long stare from the manager, I'm informed that they won't be allowing me to have comics put up for me anymore, since they're running out of space for their subscriptions. But if I hang around the shop more, buy more, gain their trust back, then maybe they'll let me have a subscription again.

Are you freakin kidding me? There were four comics in that box, and I've been buying from them for a year. I won't be treated like a damn child, and I won't beg to be allowed to shop from them.

::coughs:: Anyway. I won't be buying anything from them anymore. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to acquire the IDW comics online? I've only recently gotten back into comics for the TFs, and I've never bought from anything but a local shop.

2. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    www.milehighcomics.com is the standard as far as I know. I personally buy trade books from amazon though.

3. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'd be pissed also, but if you want to stick with a store, just explain the situation. My guy regularly holds books for me for several months at a time, 'cause he knows my schedule and he knows I'm good for it. I think the longest was actually almost seven months once when I was out of the country and eventually had to get my mom to make the run. Which, btw, was incredibly embarassing.

Anyways, if you like 'em, talk with 'em.

EDIT: Nm, I read the entire post. Fuck 'em. I've heard good things about Mile High also, and there's another one that I can't recall offhand but I'll post if I can find. And if you're only into the TF stuff, TPBs are probably a better, cheaper way to go.

4. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

5. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
  6. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

I second graham crackers.

7. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

and I 3rd Graham Cracker. I go to the shop weekly and know a ton of the guys working there. Always helpful and great service.