Where The Hell Is Classics/Universe/Generations/RTS Thundercracker?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Oct 8, 2010.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    With fans FINALLY receiving alot of the figures we've been clamoring for (Kup, Wreck Gar, Tracks, Jazz, Perceptor, Wheeljack, Thrust, Blurr, Dirge, etc.)

And even some obscure figures/comic book references in Drift, Darkmount, and Skullgrin.

Where the hell is Classics/Universe/Generations Thundercracker?

Have there been some rumors floating around about his release that I've missed?

Why must you taunt us Hasbro?

EDIT: NOT trying to start a bitchfest.....just wondering what the thinking is behind all of this on Hasbro's part that's all.

2. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

Step 1. Travel back in time.

Step 2. Attend whatever the hell botcon he was released at.

Step 3. Purchase a Thundercracker.

Might as well complain that they aren't rereleasing G1s or Beast Wars or something. Thundercracker happened, it's over now.

3. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    ^ Yeah, just take your pick from either Botcon '07 or Henkei version. :D 

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hasbro's stated he's a possibility for future release, but nothing's concrete yet. Patience is vastly important here. It'll most likely happen sometime, but there's no way to tell when it will.

Or you could do what some of us have done, and either kitbash one yourself (like I have), or have one commissioned.

5. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If your not going to pay out for the henkei then be patient you have no right to moan its not like there isnt a thundercracker ever going to be made or there isnt one available

6. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    Yeah either purchase the BotCon or Henkei figures (the Henkei figure would have cost you $40 - $50 when it was first out if you looked hard enough) or wait for a possible Generations/Reveal the Shield version.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did one soonish (within a couple of years or so at most).

Randy

7. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

i feel the same way. I missed out on botcon and henkei.

To compensate, I bought all the coneheads. I was thinking about kitbashing a KO with acidstorm.

8. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    Lets not revisit the Botcon conversation please. This is a serious conversation.....they've re-released Thrust and Dirge in addition to all of these other oft-asked-for characters so why not Thundercracker?

I didn't mean for this to be a bitchfest on my part......just wondering Hasbro's thinking that's all.

9. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

They probably don't want to piss off the TF collectors that got the bot con version. Dirge and Ramjet had their wings retooled. They probably need to retool Thundercrackers before mass release but they haven't figured out how they would retool it

10. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

There aren't that many Thundercracker figures anyway. He's the least popular of the Seekers.

11. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    To appease the fans who bought the botcon set all they would have to do is re-release the Henkei/Gentai version with a slight repaint the same way they did with Thrust and Dirge.

I'm just really surprised he hasn't been announced yet among all of the other recent announcements......I figured he was a no-brainer with the release of Generations Thrust and Dirge.

I hope we get Thundercracker at some point.

12. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    and we very well might. But why are we jumping the gun here again? Just wait! they released 2 of the 3 missing seekers, so why not just wait?

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    He'll come eventually.

I say the next time we get a CHUGUR line they'll release but until then relax and wait. If not get the henkei version or custom one.

I have the Henkei Version but he's still in his box. Going to leave it there. :p 

14. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    They just released a blue jet, they probably want to wait before releasing another.

15. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    There are around the same Thundercracker toys as there is Skywarp toys. Give a take a little on each side.

There are a lot more Thundercracker toys than there are Dirge, Ramjet, and Thrust IIRC.

Randy

16. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Hopefully we'll get WFC Seekers - I'd buy the set of those.

17. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    I just broke down and got the knockoff Thundercracker from KOtoys. A little paint, some pin removals, and he was good enough for me.

18. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why must people be so dramatic
    in the long run thundercracker is not that big a deal. Hasbro is making an obvious effort to redo all of the 84 characters. Just be patient. Releasing dirge and thrust first makes more sense because they had new parts. Give or a few waves and I'm sure he will be out.
    Remember these are Takara listings and do not reflect whether or not hasbro is releasing thundercracker

19. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Thank goodness I have a custom Classics Thundercracker to tide me over til Hasbro finally comes around and release it for Universe line. I am still waiting for Animated TC as well. For some reason TC is usually the last Seeker to come out.

20. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Yeah...this really shouldn't be worried about too much. Sunstorm and Thundercracker have a good possibility of being released. If, IF, we get more battle packs in the future, that is one possible avenue for release. And could also fit in some other repaints, like Ricochet vs Sunstorm or Road Rage vs Thundercracker, for example.

All in all, if you need to have him now, Henkei or Botcon '07 is what is available. Otherwise if you can wait, give Hasbro a chance, and they could surprise you.