Customs: Where should I start?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by nicksteele66, Sep 23, 2010.

1. nicksteele66

nicksteele66 Well-Known Member

As some of you know, I recently aquired an energon ultra magnus body, sans mini-con/head. After posting in the wanted section and radicons for knockout and roll out mini-cons to no avail, I want to do a custom head. Ok, now, where do I start, I have almost no expierence in part forming so I need all the ideas I can get and or atleast the figure I should start with. I want it to become the headmaster such as it should have.
    Thanks in advance

2. jetfire4321

jetfire4321 Banned

it this a good way to start

like the title says im starting with customs and stuff so yeah i got a 6 volt cordless dremel and a bunch of testors enamel and thats about it.So ya is this a good way to start kitbashing?

3. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    The best way would be to read any and all tutorials on what you are planning to do. With a dremel, you have to be VERY careful. Use eye protection and cut carefully (the cutting wheels can shatter easily if you apply too much pressure). Enamels are good, but you can also use some Acrylic paints for easier cleanup. You may want to go this route and practice some before jumping in. I'd also suggest getting a hobby knife and other materials if you need them (such as super glue, styrene, and other bits for your dremel).

But the best way to start 'bashing is as I mentioned. Read plenty of tutorials here on the site and practice a bit on some old bots or plastic pieces so you can get the hang of what you're doing.

Good luck and have fun with the hobby!

Here's a link to the tutorials section here: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/tutorials-how-tos/201900-table-contents.html

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Since both of you guys are asking the same question ("Where do I start?"), these threads have been merged.

hxcpunk has given the very same advice I would have (thanks, Brian :thumb ).