Where should I order my masterpiece?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Transformified, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Transformified

Transformified Member

So I've decided to get the MP13 Soundwave. But here's my dilemma: do I order from bigbadtoystore, where shipping is about $10 or do I go with TFsource where shipping would be free? Or is there another source out there? Thoughts? I'm somewhat wary of getting anything over the web bc I've had bad experiences with douchebag ups workers crushing packages. I'm not sure what tfsource's policy is on items damaged in transit. I know bbts is pretty good. Thoughts?

2. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Go either, they're both good. I've heard TFsource are very good at dealing with damaged items, even if it isn't their fault.

3. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BBTS has great customer service, as do TFSource. Both places package the items safely. I guess if you can't decide on a price, see who is closer. Also, I'm not sure what the ratio is of who gets what first.

Does BBTS even offer tracking if you ship by USPS? I don't recall ever seeing that note. I think tracking is only available through UPS with the few options they give you.

4. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Robotkingdom yo!

5. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    moving to appropriate forum

6. Sai

Sai Decepticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yh Robotkingdom is good.

7. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    rk ftw

8. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

I use RK quite often. never had any problem with them and they've been pretty good. I've heard people complain that issues can take a long time to resolve, but i've never experienced anything like that so i couldn't possibly say.

On the downside, they don't offer the C9 'collectors edition' boxes where they pick out a nice one (their FAQ specifically mentions not refunding for slight cosmetic damage to outer packaging). i'm an out-of-the-box kinda guy, so it's never been an issue for me.

9. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do your boxes from robot kingdom generally show in up poor shape, like dents or tears, or just hit and miss whether you get like a C8 or C9?

I've never used them before, but a, thinking about it for a few things. I'm only a MISB guy is the packaging has a great window display, but even when I open I like the keep the boxes around in good condition.

10. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Punched a squirrel.

News Credits:
    There's nothing wrong with Capturedprey.com either.

11. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

Oh yeah...I've gotten something from Captured Prey before as well...you can't go wrong with any of the above options. TFSource and BBTS are about the same to me. Yes, BBTS does provide tracking with their UPS.

12. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

of the the things i've bought from them, i've had one properly damaged one, but it was damaged in transit (the shipping sticker was damaged too) so it could well have been our own beloved Parcel Force who did that and the figure was fine. All the others with 'damage' only had the general slight wear and tear cardboard boxes tend to get.

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I've been mulling this over myself.

Part of me wants to go through BBTS simply for the POL option as well as the ability to make a preorder without paying 'right now'. Another part of me simply wants to shop around for the best deal.

14. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've ordered soundwave and sideswipe from BBTS because of the preorder and my POL. I'm thinking of font RK for Sunstorm because its a little cheaper and I can ship it now for about 15 less without having to wait to ship my POL which I don't want to do until November/December.

As for getting Grimlock, Megatron and Starscream, well sadly my only option is eBay! Makes this discussion seem like a really good problem to have :) 

15. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    i have ordered 12 things from them and every box has arrived in perfect condition

16. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good to know!

17. Doc Wheeljack

Doc Wheeljack Well-Known Member

I'm going to use CapturedPrey. I've not ordered from them before, but I've heard nothing but great things. The owner/operator (Sidecutter) posts here, so that's a bonus. But what really tipped me over the edge is that I can use PayPal for the preorder -- at least that's what I understand. I don't think that option is offered by BBTS.

18. Toyzaremine

Toyzaremine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How else are you going to get it if not from the "web"?

19. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    From experience I say go with BigBadToyStores, I've ordered 5 Transformers Figures as well as my one exclusive Shattered Glass Figure and though when you open the box you're like "What..? This is how they packaged this box? And yet it still doesn't get damaged?!", And I suggest you go with UPS since their tracking system is pretty damn accurate.

20. Jazz Meister

Jazz Meister Well-Known Member

I've used them for years never had a problem with them. They use styrofoam to package up their boxes. You have to pay when you order them but you can usually get them cheaper then BBTS or TFSource.