Where on earth do they get these powers from?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by AutobotSkids, Aug 3, 2012.

1. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Most G1 transformers have these special abilities we all know them for, right? Example: Jazz has his light shows. Thundercracker can generate sonic booms. Skywarp teleports. Hound creates holograms. Frenzy screams loudly.

These sorts of powers makes the characters memorable and can really help seel toys. But I can't help but wonder, where do these powers come from?

Some of them are explained: Rumble's arms turn INTO piledrivers; not too farfetched for a transforming robot. Starscream basically carries a special gun (Null Ray) that could have been made by anyone.

But guys who have these INCREDIBLE powers, how on earth did they get these Powers? How the hell does a bug control lightning? Skywarp can teleport? How? He's certainly not smart enough to invent a teleporting device himself. How the hell can Mirage turn invisible, or Trailbreaker generate force-fields?

Are any of those crazy unique powers ever explained?

2. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Some of these powers were previously developed on Cybertron, while the Autobots and deceptions were battling each other.

3. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Built-in gadgets.

4. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    They are advanced beings that transform into things that were scanned from the environment. That is the most unique and impressive power don't you think? Turning invisible, creating holograms is nothing...humans are and have developed such technologies right as we speak. The art of teleportation is only thing that's not possible for us humans YET, but in their universe with their knowledge of things I can totally understand how they could create and use teleportation devices. If your wondering that teleportation is completely bogus here's a small article showing that teleportation might be possible sooner than we think

Chinese Physicists Teleport Photons 60 Miles, Break Record | NewsFeed | TIME.com

5. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

I always thought that Skywarp's power was a production glitch and Mirage spent a fortune on his cloaking device. A character like Mirage would want an edge or some sort of protection during the war.

6. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought they were "upgrades" that they could pick and choose what they want. Kind of their own form of individuality. I thought Animated Lockdown's explanation of upgrades cleared it up, at least for me.

7. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I always assumed they were specific upgrades built into them. Given the war has been draining supplies, the upgrades became much less common as it went on, leaving fewer 'Bots with 'powers'

8. Chaddicus

Chaddicus Don't call me Shirley

They come from their "power chips" as explained in Heavy Metal War, Season 1.

9. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Lockdown and Swindle.

10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    The will of Primus.