Where next? (Also, recommendations)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Prime_Directive, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    By this point, the combined media has covered just about everything pertaining to the Great War on Cybertron. We know everything from how the golden age began and how Optimus and Megatron came to lead their specific divisions of Cybertron's government, to the beginning of the war and its causes, to the end of the war and the event that prompted Optimus to launch the All Spark into space. We also know how the Dynasty of Primes, Matrix of Leadership, and Star Harvesters came to be, and the downfall of the Dynasty and subsequent civil war.

My question is, where do you think they should go from here? I doubt very many of you guys want the movieverse to be just left behind, so is there any particular facet of Cybertron's history in this continuity you'd like to see explored?

I myself am interested in seeing Sentinel Prime's story, and how he can be reconciled with the claims made in RotF-accompanying media that Optimus was the only one left after a massacre of the Great Descendants. I'd also like to see Optimus actually being hidden away, where he was and how his heritage was hidden from him. I'd also like to see more of Megatron's origin from before he met either Sentinel or Optimus.

The second purpose of this thread is to ask about comic recommendations. I've been thinking about grabbing some of the IDW movieverse comics lately. Are they worth picking up?

2. DK Prime

DK Prime Crazy Dane

Indeed. The movie prequels in particular, especially Foundation.

3. ZooCrazie

ZooCrazie Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Maybe a flick on the war on cybertron? the story of how the each character made the choice of where there loyalties lie? I dunno , this may sound to long and drawn out for a movie. Maybe just a movie about the battle on cybertron.

A movie about autobots/decepticons battleing over sources of energon.

((if ya can't tell i'm all about the fight scenes))
    **but I also like a good story**
    Good Question :) 

4. DK Prime

DK Prime Crazy Dane

I would actually like a trilogy about BEFORE the war. What started the war and why? Stuff like that, a kind of prequel to the present trilogy. Star Wars did it so why shouldn't TF be able to? Would be epic.

5. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

A prequel would be cool. Let's have Senator Ratbat, lol.

6. ZooCrazie

ZooCrazie Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    In TF1 while prime is explaining to Mikila and Sam why they are there doesn't he say "Megatrons lust for power" started the war? or somthing along them lines?

7. DK Prime

DK Prime Crazy Dane

Yes. Have you read TF Exodus, the official WFC history? Something like that would make an awesome movie IMO.

8. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

Stop over-analyzing, this is bayformers where no one is stranger to shitty writing!

9. DK Prime

DK Prime Crazy Dane

Soundatron.. now we are talking a new trilogy where Bay will not be involved.

10. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    A prequel to the film would be nice to read in comics, but I'd prefer a sequel to DOTM, or a new trilogy.

11. Sonicpower451

Sonicpower451 Well-Known Member

Good ideas I'm seeing here. However, I know many of you don't care about critics, but I wouldn't be suprised if they throw rocks made of bad ratings and terrible reviews. They'd probably say "hurr durr t00 much M3T4L robawtz! No hawt act0rs!"