Customs: Where is "spoonman"?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by OmarJT82, Jun 8, 2010.

1. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has anybody heard from fellow Radicon "spoonman" lately? :confused: 

I sent him a few PM's last month about a custom Universe Sixshot that he is working on for me, but he never replied to them.

In his last PM, he said that his laptop was broken. I had hoped that after a month he would finally fix his laptop and reply back but he has not.

If there is anybody who would be kind enough to get in touch with "spoonman", please tell him that "OmarJT82" needs to speak to him ASAP about that custom Universe Sixshot!

2. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    I've got a couple of outstanding customs with him too, but I'm sure he'll be back with us as soon as he can!

3. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Alright now, it may not be my place to step in, but Allen (spoonman) is a bud and I want to clear some things up for those that may not have known. I apologize in advance if this is something I shouldn't say, I just don't want anyone worrying about their commissions with him (he really is a good guy, fellas).

I've talked to Allen on and off for a while and the last he told me at S70 was that he had some computer troubles and had to have them fixed, but he'd be back soon.

His last activity here was 5/17/10. His last log-in at S70 was 5/7/10. I'd say give him a bit and I'm sure he'll be back. He's a good guy and I know he's had some laptop issues. But if I see him on or get a chance, I'll try to contact him through email and PM both here and at S70 to see if I can direct him this way, guys.

I spoke with Allen via PM at Sector70 and he told me he was hospitalized with pneumonia for a bit. Once he was discharged, he started to recoup for about a week, then it came back and hit him worse than before. He ended up hospitalized again, but he told me he basically has a clean bill of health now. This was back on June 26th. He said he's trying to catch up on everything and he's still weak from being out of commission for so long. I mentioned to him that I'm working on my first commission now and he mentioned that he's playing catch-up with all of his. He didn't go into details on what or any of that--that's between himself and you guys who commissioned him. But he did say he should be able to post some stuff again soon.

So please be patient with him, guys. I'm only posting this to let you guys know he's OK (but weak) and that he's playing catch-up some with his work and that he's looking forward to getting back to all of it. Just hang in there and I'm sure he'll contact you guys soon. I'm one for keeping in contact with those I'm planning things with or working with, but needless to say, health/life issues sometimes take precedence over toys, customs, and commissions. Can't wait to see what you guys are having him do for you!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2010
  4. lotussouljah

lotussouljah Well-Known Member

Whew, good to know, I was worried as well. I'm glad others have shared the same concern! All right all right, let's wait and see.

5. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    Hello all, Spoons is alive and well, I was able to hear from him today. Im sure he will be catching up with everyone to let you know that all is well. Thanks!

6. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've got my own outstanding custom with him too (Ecto-1) but I'm not worried.
    He'll be back! :-D

7. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    I vouch for him, he's a great great guy. he'll be around.

8. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    pneumonia? My God! :eek:  I didn't know, I didn't know! :( 

I just thought he still had troubles with his computer!

Thank the heavens that he is recovering from that! He could've died from that you know!

At one point during high school, I had Walking pneumonia, a type of atypical pneumonia. So I understand what he suffered through. :( 

Please send spoonman my apologies and sympathies! :wink: 

9. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    yeah, clicked his name, was on here last week :

Last Activity: 06-27-2010 07:39 PM

10. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Glad to hear he is doing better. Seems like a great guy. I like others was trying to get a hold of him, and was wondering why. If you talk to him, please give him my well-wishes.