Where is Megatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by ORIO, Jun 15, 2012.

1. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Been thinking about this since Prime's already made a return. How long until we see the big bad Megs again?

When will he return? How will he return? Will he still be a stealth bomber or retconned back into a handgun?

Discuss!

2. rodimus_dilbert

rodimus_dilbert Active Member

I think Megatron cast off his armor and became Metalhawk. At least that's my theory. Look at Metalhawk, honestly, jet mode, similar chest to megs, and a helmet which is designed to look like the Decepticon emblem. That hint that Starscream dropped about changing allegiances as easy as changing the color of ones optics. Megatron was made much larger during his upgrade, and he had planned for the events in chaos before hand, he has some fore-knowledge in what is happening. So i think maybe this is all part of a more grandiose scheme he has in play.

3. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What a twist!

4. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Hah, that'd be a very Grant Morrison-y twist. However, I think IDW is saving him up for an even bigger return.

5. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting theory for sure. But remember Metalhawk's been around before. Possible that Megs killed and stole his ID though.

New meaning to Robots In Disguise

6. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Yep :)  It's a neat idea, reminds me very much of the Xorn storyline from New X-Men

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    That'd be... fucking awesome, actually.

8. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    now that RID has removed that stupid final issue of Costas as "Ironhides vision" and not the "Eff you, you can't retcon me now..."These are the votages" BS" that it was meant as, I have high hopes for the future of the book.

9. rodimus_dilbert

We never did get to see the specifics of what happened to Megatron during his repairs or the diss-assembly of his old body. I personally think what was left of his workable components were saved with a pretender shell (kup kinda) and thus his new body was made and after the battle with the Deceptigod, Megatron cast off/removed and hid his outer shell, and claimed a new persona to take advantage of the situation. Metalhawk seems curiously supportive of Starscreams plans, or anything that would honestly shake up the status-quo or the autobots resolve.

10. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    I see Megatron's head and torso kept on life support tended by a doting but protective Lugnut.
    Think Kathy Bates in Misery.

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

And a new meaning to the idea of "Pretenders", too, if it is Megatron "pretending" to be Metalhawk.

12. Kilowog

Kilowog ORA ORA ORA

Ebay:
    So caught up with both of the ongoing series (I'm a general comic fan and tf show fan as a kid, but this is probably my first time reading tf comics, so I may end up talking out of my ass when I talk about the comics, and if I ever do please call me out), as much as I love Megatron, definitely for the best he hasn't shown up yet. Definitely needs to establish the world more before such a major bombshell is dropped. Seems like just the hint of his existence would cause chaos on Cybertron, and while I'm not delusional to think he'll never come back, I have to imagine we won't be seeing any kind of plans or even a type of 'we the reader know this, but no one else in the comic does' story for a long time.

So Metalhawk is going to get an annual focusing on his origin and point of view, then we find out that Metalhawk never existed? :ev: 

[SIZE="-5"](I've made my peace with how that run ended and love it to bit, just that the joke was way too easy :drunk )[/SIZE]

13. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    I don't see it as being retconned at this point. Just because it's a vision doesn't mean it's necessarily a false one.

14. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's just a possible future now not really the definite future.

15. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Eeeehhhhhhh...that Metalhawk idea is good for a chuckle, but it would actually bother me if they went through with it.

1. Megatron shouldn't be that good of an actor. He's got a very strong personality and character in IDW, he's not just "I am the villain so I have whatever incredible talents make life suck the most for the heroes."
    2. It's a real slap to the character of Metalhawk in two respects. For one, he DOES have fans, including my fiancee since we started watching Masterforce. Two, having the legitimate face of the NAILs be a secret monster cheapens the entire premise of the book.

I would accept Megatron, back to gun form, hiding in Metalhawk's chest plate and influencing him. THAT is in his MO. Not getting himself rebuilt as a pre-existing Autobot moments after fragging that super-gestalt as if he'd planned it all along. I'd even accept a DIFFERENT Decepticon in disguise as Metalhawk, especially if the real Metalhawk is still out there. But Megatron? Too weird.

Though I do hope he pops up in a dramatic way that none of us could have called in a million years.

16. rodimus_dilbert

Even if he did assume Metalhawks identity its not a slap in the face, it wouldn't be Metalhawk, metal hawk does exist in IDW and if my theory is true, Hes most likely MIA, or abducted, but not dead. Even though Metalhawks appearance clashes with the standard look of the "circle of light" that drift came from, not their body style, since he did leave the Autobots to follow them after he was last seen with Sunstreaker. His helm looks way to much like a Decepticon emblem to not be on purpose. There is something about him, maybe he's not Megatron, but there is something unsettling about him.

17. Kilowog

Kilowog ORA ORA ORA

Ebay:
    also it seems to give the big guy some hope, hope that it all means something in the end. Which is what I took away from rid 5's end

18. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No it doesn't. Metalhawk has a new design, but Metalhawk's head looks like Metalhawk's head. It looks less like the Decepticon emblem than Optimus Prime's head always has.

19. rodimus_dilbert

[​IMG] looks like a 'con insignia to me :p 

I understand your love of the character. I love masterforce, and granted metal hawk was fantastic on that show, but his helmet here vaguely resembles his helmet from masterforce aside from color, nor his original IDW appearance.

[​IMG]

Also Megatron being the face of the nails would further stir the dynamic of the book. The nails blame both autobots and decepticons for the state of war and perpetuating it to the brink that it destroyed thier world. The nails hold a lot of hate and disdain for the autobots seeing them as the same heartless rulers of the past, and it only stirs the pot further when you see that someone is behind the acts of the constructicons, and bombshell. Sunstorm being a controlled patsy. The nails at first brandished the decepticons in the same light, until starscream stepped in and are now pulling the nails in his favor. Its like a giant game of bait and switch. The majority of the vote holds the majority of the power and in this case everything is slowly teetering back to decepticons making another push. Especially with prowl going rouge and holding anyone considered liable subject to death. With the assassination of ratbat, the continued lack of protection from the autobots, causing continued nail, autobot, and decepticon deaths, starscream stepping forward and taking a position of peacemaker, and metalhawk joining him in stride. were looking at a changing cybertron not only in physicality, but also in allegiance. When megatron spoke to prime in chaos, he spoke of his ideal future, where everyone is equal and no one left to measure against another, with solely him at the head keeping control. If anything he would take the chance to sway other transformers away from the autobots to perpetuate his cause.

20. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

Perhaps Megatron made it aboard the Lost Light, and has rebuilt
    Overlord
    in order to torture and humiliate him into submission?
    It's far fetched, but so are most guesses at this stage. :) 

I mean, who else would be confident enough to revive the said character?

EDIT: If you anticipate a Marvel UK Magnus/ Galvatron type grudge match between
    Fortress Maximus and Overlord
    , will there also be a parallel to the UK Galvatron/ Megatron grudge match?
    It'd be a nice character resolution.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012