Where is Mastercollectables?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jnguyen, Sep 8, 2011.

1. jnguyen

jnguyen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm opening this thread regarding Mastercollectables. Does anyone know what ever happen to this company at all or anyway to contact them? The reason I'm wondering is because one(almost two) years ago they came out with orders for their limited NOVA PRIME figure which at the time being naive, I purchased for 540 shipped for a resin figure. It has been almost two year with no figure being received. I email them probably 3 times a month starting as of the beginning of this year with no response what so ever. I basically lost hope until during the month of May I received a random email from Mastercollectible stating that they are considering the figure cancelled. They promise they will issue all the buyers of the figure a refund toward the end of May due to them not having access to paypal so their friend will have to do it. Of course I was glad to receive an update but it is now September with no refund or any response once again from this company.

I doubt their is anything I can do since it has been almost 3 years now but I'm curious if anyone else on this forum purchase this figure or received any update/refund? I have only been able to track down 1 other buyer other than myself which they said they are in the same situation. As of now I'm considering this a lesson learned and a lost of my money.

2. Crystal Convoy

Crystal Convoy Huh? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's an expensive lesson.

3. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    geez, man, didn't you also shell out the funds for the hos prime from rabidsquirrel? I got my money back from him but learned a VERY important lesson...

4. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I got burned the same way by another company. It sucks, and there's nothing you can really do. Its one of the reasons I'm very hesitant to do pre-orders on anything now. With pre-orders, its usually way outside the window for disputes. At this point, if you get your refund, just consider it your lucky day.

5. jnguyen

News Credits:
    Nope I don't remember any HOS Prime or rabidsquirrel at all.

Yeah I know I will be lucky if we will receive a refund but I just wanted to see if their any other buyers on here. Maybe they had better luck or received a refund. I can't post in the NOVA PRIME thread cause it has been locked and also I look through the entire thread. No one mention they purchase the figure except for myself and that one other person I contacted.

I've been trying to stay active with the constant email and Money Request via Paypal. No luck though

6. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

I also purchased one from Mastercollectibles. but I think your a bit off on your dates. My paypal reciept is for Feb 12, 2010.

I also purchased the HOS prime from Rapid squirrel (hey I was optimistic with these parties). I got a refund back, as will everyone else, you just may need to contact him to get that ball moving. It was funny, he was saying the project was dead and wasn't worth continuing since the "official" one came out, but when i tried to work a deal out to purchase the masters, he was saying that he'd have to charge me more than I already paid him since I could take those masters and produce them. I just could understand the logic on that one, and just took the refund.

Randy!

7. jnguyen

News Credits:
    Yeah thats correct. I wasn't checking my date correctly but its still a long time lol. Who is this rabidsquirrel everyone keeps bringing up lol. I'm about to search for his thread to see what happen.

8. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

Short answer is he was the first person to try and sell the HOS (and it was bigger, a little smaller than MP prime). He was also the guy that did the "cyberfembot" (arcee) kit. The designer who did HOS then did a smaller version, that he sold to mastermind creations. My personal opinon about Rabid squirrel is that he had some great ideas, but not the technical expertise to pull off resin casting. When you have 2 out of 10 parts be succesful (from his own words) then your doing it wrong.

R!

9. jnguyen

News Credits:
    Thanks for the quick answer. This thread probably won't help but I hope maybe other purchaser could chime in. Maybe at least 1 out of the 10 got a refund and they're slowly refunding people lol. I'm keeping my hopes up just in case cause I changed my paypal email last year and I don't want the refund to go to not go through if they do send it. Its still linked though but I don't know if being linked work as if it was my primary.